New KA-Bar Shorty.

Yeah it's just too tight. Have them send you a properly fit one. Can be fixed carefully but usually a disassembly job.
The replacement arrived just now, functions MUCH better. :thup:

Also picked up this bad boy which arrived today also.

S&W Boot Knife.jpg

Dammit man! You made me dig out my Air Force survival knife, but it was an Ontario, not Ka-Bar.

View attachment 593217

You can make knives more useful as a tool by grinding down the top part of the bolster where your thumb rests. That gives you more control over the blade and more force for chopping, without that top part getting in the way of your thumb. Also putting a 25-30 degree angle on the edge of the blade. I've been too lazy to re-edge the blade on mine.

View attachment 593220
supermarket.

I don't think KA-BAR ever made the jet pilot knife. Marbles helped develop them, but never made them. Camillus did, Ontario, and I think Imperial.

That's actually a pioneer bayonet. The saw back was for cutting tree limbs and poles.

Made by Waffenfabrik Neuhausen, for the Swiss K11 carbine, I believe. I sold one of those on Ebay 5 years ago. They're currently worth up to $350.

The propaganda arm of the Army lied about their usage. Pretty much every major army had them. The US was the exception.

Made by Waffenfabrik Neuhausen, for the Swiss K11 carbine, I believe. I sold one of those on Ebay 5 years ago. They're currently worth up to $350.

A dear friend of mine was a serious bayonet collector. He taught me quite a bit before he passed.

A dear friend of mine was a serious bayonet collector. He taught me quite a bit before he passed.

I've bought many different ones at garage sales over the last 15 years, but never seem to hang on to them. German, Japanese, British, and US. Most of them I picked up for $20 - $50 because the sellers didn't know what they were worth. Getting hard to find these days.

Here’s my newest pig sticker…

Attachments

• 6BCA0003-68A7-4D1C-A540-6B179C2AE2EE.jpeg
    6BCA0003-68A7-4D1C-A540-6B179C2AE2EE.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 18
Want half price, get any business lic, send it to "Blue Ridge knives" $100 min once a month, worst price is half off. All Case half off, hardware stores with displays pay over 60-65%. Then there is the sale flyers!!!!
I'm just collecting a few and have no idea what the Albuquerque/New Mexico business license would cost me. Probably more than what I to spend overall for knives, swords, etc.

I'm just collecting a few and have no idea what the Albuquerque/New Mexico business license would cost me. Probably more than what I to spend overall for knives, swords, etc.
Might be free. KY was, or maybe $10. Paperwork at tax time though, even if no sales or employees.

Forum List

Back