New Jersey calling Gov. (George Bush) Christie, who says, "Good job Brownie!"

Keep walking it back, Sangha. If the folks I know and love live in Brooklyn (Bath Beach to be precise) and they could not get around due to unplowed roads and unshoveled sidewalks, then yes, Bath Beach IS New York City! I don't give a rat's ass what happened in Queens or The Bronx as I have no connection there. But, the folks I know who live in New York City are, by in large, Brooklyners and they were SHUT DOWN!

and you can bag that schoolyard crap too.

Do you blame Gov Patterson or Gov Elect Cuomo? Oh and and STFU.
Not for the mess in NYC! For the messes in White Plains and Poughkeepsie? Sure I do.

From what I hear the snow in NJ was handled pretty well. You can delegate authority but you can't delegate graft. That's why democrats are out. Bloomie was in NY and they are still digging out of snow drifts and garbage.

Keep walking it back, Sangha. If the folks I know and love live in Brooklyn (Bath Beach to be precise) and they could not get around due to unplowed roads and unshoveled sidewalks, then yes, Bath Beach IS New York City! I don't give a rat's ass what happened in Queens or The Bronx as I have no connection there. But, the folks I know who live in New York City are, by in large, Brooklyners and they were SHUT DOWN!

and you can bag that schoolyard crap too.

Do you blame Gov Patterson or Gov Elect Cuomo? Oh and and STFU.
Not for the mess in NYC! For the messes in White Plains and Poughkeepsie? Sure I do.

Do you know what a Mayor is?

From what I hear the snow in NJ was handled pretty well. You can delegate authority but you can't delegate graft. That's why democrats are out. Bloomie was in NY and they are still digging out of snow drifts and garbage.

You did not hear very well

The roads that were the state responsibility to plow were poorly done and resulted in gridlock for three days. A job Christie awarded a B+

You are expecting him to supervise snow removal? Or that he said good job, when it wasn't? Or that he went on vacation?

LOL, President Obama went to Hawaii, should we blame him for that? What is worse, snow removel not don't so well or mishandling of the oil spill?

You are expecting him to supervise snow removal? Or that he said good job, when it wasn't? Or that he went on vacation?

LOL, President Obama went to Hawaii, should we blame him for that? What is worse, snow removel not don't so well or mishandling of the oil spill?

When the State declares a state of emergency.....yes I do expect him to supervise
The job was not getting done and personnel and resources were not being allocated where they were needed

What happened with Chris "The buck stops here" Christie?

Last edited:

When the State declares a state of emergency.....yes I do expect him to supervise
The job was not getting done and personnel and resources were not being allocated where they were needed

If true then Sweeney, who was in charge, is incompetent and needs to resign his senate seat.
Fact is only 1 county, out of 21, really had problems. Most of thoe problems occured because morons ignored the State of Emergency Declaration and tried to drive on roads they shouldn't have. There were abandoned cars all over the place and plows couldn't get down roads because of this. The job was getting done though and Christie was in touch via phone.

If true then Sweeney, who was in charge, is incompetent and needs to resign his senate seat.
Fact is only 1 county, out of 21, really had problems. Most of thoe problems occured because morons ignored the State of Emergency Declaration and tried to drive on roads they shouldn't have. There were abandoned cars all over the place and plows couldn't get down roads because of this. The job was getting done though and Christie was in touch via phone.

For the first time in over 200 years New Jersey has a Lt Governor. This position was established so that we don't have to keep going to the State Senate President when the Governor is out of town or resigns because of a gay lover on his payroll
Declaration of a State of Emergency was delayed which resulted in more cars being on the roads and more cars being abandoned. One county (mine) did get hit harder than the others. Because of Christie public works budget cuts (fewer plows, fewer drivers) resources needed to be reallocated to the hardest hit areas...this did not happen

The job was not getting done and Christie stayed in Disney World rather than return early to his state during a State of Emergency

For the first time in over 200 years New Jersey has a Lt Governor. This position was established so that we don't have to keep going to the State Senate President when the Governor is out of town or resigns because of a gay lover on his payroll
Declaration of a State of Emergency was delayed which resulted in more cars being on the roads and more cars being abandoned. One county (mine) did get hit harder than the others. Because of Christie public works budget cuts (fewer plows, fewer drivers) resources needed to be reallocated to the hardest hit areas...this did not happen

The job was not getting done and Christie stayed in Disney World rather than return early to his state during a State of Emergency

What could Christie have done by coming back? There would have been no difference with him here or not. And according to the sec. of transportation there was no lack of plows or drivers.

And I don't recall any delay of the declaration either.

"Acting Gov. Stephen M. Sweeney, the state Senate president and a Democrat from Gloucester County, was expected to declare a state of emergency late Sunday night. Gov. Chris Christie and Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno are vacationing out of state for the holidays, so the powers of governor fall to the Senate president."

Shore gets buried by blizzard, state of emergency declared | APP.com | Asbury Park Press

If it was delayed then you need to call out Sweeney. We knew the storm was coming since friday.

What could Christie have done by coming back? There would have been no difference with him here or not. And according to the sec. of transportation there was no lack of plows or drivers.

And I don't recall any delay of the declaration either.

"Acting Gov. Stephen M. Sweeney, the state Senate president and a Democrat from Gloucester County, was expected to declare a state of emergency late Sunday night. Gov. Chris Christie and Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno are vacationing out of state for the holidays, so the powers of governor fall to the Senate president."

Shore gets buried by blizzard, state of emergency declared | APP.com | Asbury Park Press

If it was delayed then you need to call out Sweeney. We knew the storm was coming since friday.

Christie was elected to do the job....Sweeney was not
Gaudagno was elected to do the job if Christie could not.....she was not there

Of course the state transportation secretary is going to claim the budget cuts did not affect the quality of plowing....Christie would have his job if he did not

In my over 30 years of witnessing major NJ snowstorms, there was one common factor. The quality of snow removal increased as you moved from local to county to state roads

In this case, the opposite was true. It was the state that did not do the job in clearing enough lanes, jughandles and right and left turn lanes. It resulted in total gridlock as you tried to get through state highways.

I waited until the storm was over two days before I tried to get to work (Wed). As I went out on the local roads, I observed there was not much traffic and I was making good time. However, once I hit the state controlled highways, there was gridlock and you spent 8-10 light changes to get through an intersection. My normal 20 min commute took an hour and a half

With the internet and phone and other systems out there these days, what could he have possibly done in trenton that he didn't do in florida? All he could have accomplished in Trenton was get his picture taken in the snow. What good would that do.

I am sure he was watching fox and Cnn on a regular basis and calling folks in Trenton and going what the hell from his hotel room. Which is what he would have been doing in Trenton anyway. You expect him to get a shovel?

With the internet and phone and other systems out there these days, what could he have possibly done in trenton that he didn't do in florida? All he could have accomplished in Trenton was get his picture taken in the snow. What good would that do.

I am sure he was watching fox and Cnn on a regular basis and calling folks in Trenton and going what the hell from his hotel room. Which is what he would have been doing in Trenton anyway. You expect him to get a shovel?

Christie screwed up when he allowed himself and the Lt Governor to leave the state at the same time. He should have admitted so, and said it would never happen again

State budget cuts in public works affected the quality of snow removal. Nothing wrong with that. Christie should man up and state that tough budget decisions had to be made and this was one of them. To try to cover your ass and declare victory 6 hours after you return from the sunshine state was insulting.

I have been pulled from vacation when emergencies have occured at work. it comes with the job. When Christie realized there was no executive leadership during a state of emergency, he should have come home

"But I promised my kids" is not an excuse

Christie screwed up when he allowed himself and the Lt Governor to leave the state at the same time. He should have admitted so, and said it would never happen again

State budget cuts in public works affected the quality of snow removal. Nothing wrong with that. Christie should man up and state that tough budget decisions had to be made and this was one of them. To try to cover your ass and declare victory 6 hours after you return from the sunshine state was insulting.

I have been pulled from vacation when emergencies have occured at work. it comes with the job. When Christie realized there was no executive leadership during a state of emergency, he should have come home

translation: union bosses said stick it to em. move slow take yer time. no one is watching.. you demonRats are so fucking dishonest.

Meh. Whether he was there or not wouldn't matter to the haters. They'd still find something to be pissed off about, so who cares.

let them talk, they are actually admitting they need their "nanny" to handle snow for them..

Well, donchaknow? Appearances and photo ops are much more important than actual substance.

Meh. Whether he was there or not wouldn't matter to the haters. They'd still find something to be pissed off about, so who cares.

let them talk, they are actually admitting they need their "nanny" to handle snow for them..

Yes

I do need my "Nanny" state to keep the highways passable. That is what they are paid for

translation: union bosses said stick it to em. move slow take yer time. no one is watching.. you demonRats are so fucking dishonest.

Actually, the opposite was true

The crews that were on the job plowed through the night. The problem was there was not enough of them and there was nobody reallocating personnel and resources

It was the Republicrat governor who was out lounging in the sun with Mickey

Forum List

Back