New Jersey calling Gov. (George Bush) Christie, who says, "Good job Brownie!"

When you are called in for emergency stuff, they expect you to do hands on things that you can only do in that location.

It wasn't so long ago you were criticizing Bobby Jindal for being a lens louse in LA for being everywhere having his picture taken and not doing anything constructive.

Both criticisms have validity, but not at the same time.

And the workers in Jersey should be commended for doing their damnedest in a really difficult situation.

I think the only thing Christie could have contributed if he were in Jersey at the time would be to be in the way and cause difficulties. All he really can do in the situation is man the phone and yell. And he can do that anywhere.

Bobby Jindal has the figure and face that is good for photo ops. Governor Christie, does not. In spades. You play to what you got.

let them talk, they are actually admitting they need their "nanny" to handle snow for them..

Yes

I do need my "Nanny" state to keep the highways passable. That is what they are paid for

:lol::lol: tell that to the union bosses.
I suppose a rock ribbed Conservative like yourself would advocate a system where volunteers clear the highways and main roads while the individuals should be responsible for clearing the residential streets immediately in front of their homes.

Of course, such a system is unworkable, but being a rock ribbed Conservative, facts and truth have never really been much of a hindrance, have they?

With the internet and phone and other systems out there these days, what could he have possibly done in trenton that he didn't do in florida? All he could have accomplished in Trenton was get his picture taken in the snow. What good would that do.

I am sure he was watching fox and Cnn on a regular basis and calling folks in Trenton and going what the hell from his hotel room. Which is what he would have been doing in Trenton anyway. You expect him to get a shovel?

So as a resident of NJ who was affected by the inability of State crews to clear the roads, which is it?

1. Christie was out of state and the subsequent snow clean up was botched?

2. Christie was calling the shots from Florida and the snow clean up was botched?

Can't have it both ways

For the first time in over 200 years New Jersey has a Lt Governor. This position was established so that we don't have to keep going to the State Senate President when the Governor is out of town or resigns because of a gay lover on his payroll
Declaration of a State of Emergency was delayed which resulted in more cars being on the roads and more cars being abandoned. One county (mine) did get hit harder than the others. Because of Christie public works budget cuts (fewer plows, fewer drivers) resources needed to be reallocated to the hardest hit areas...this did not happen

The job was not getting done and Christie stayed in Disney World rather than return early to his state during a State of Emergency

What could Christie have done by coming back? There would have been no difference with him here or not. And according to the sec. of transportation there was no lack of plows or drivers.

And I don't recall any delay of the declaration either.

"Acting Gov. Stephen M. Sweeney, the state Senate president and a Democrat from Gloucester County, was expected to declare a state of emergency late Sunday night. Gov. Chris Christie and Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno are vacationing out of state for the holidays, so the powers of governor fall to the Senate president."

Shore gets buried by blizzard, state of emergency declared | APP.com | Asbury Park Press

If it was delayed then you need to call out Sweeney. We knew the storm was coming since friday.

Christie was elected to do the job....Sweeney was not
Gaudagno was elected to do the job if Christie could not.....she was not there

Of course the state transportation secretary is going to claim the budget cuts did not affect the quality of plowing....Christie would have his job if he did not

In my over 30 years of witnessing major NJ snowstorms, there was one common factor. The quality of snow removal increased as you moved from local to county to state roads

In this case, the opposite was true. It was the state that did not do the job in clearing enough lanes, jughandles and right and left turn lanes.
It resulted in total gridlock as you tried to get through state highways.

I waited until the storm was over two days before I tried to get to work (Wed). As I went out on the local roads, I observed there was not much traffic and I was making good time. However, once I hit the state controlled highways, there was gridlock and you spent 8-10 light changes to get through an intersection. My normal 20 min commute took an hour and a half
Not only did they not even clear the jughandles and exit lanes, sometimes they only partially cleaned lanes creating a road hazard. For example, I get on Rt 18 at exit 6 and get off at exit 13A. The 13A exit sign comes up and I pull into the cleared exit lane and just before the exit jughandle the exit lane suddenly disappears under the unplowed snow and I'm forced back into the traffic lane. That was last Wednesday. Each day I could see snow plows parked idle at the exit 6 beginning of Rt 18 but the 13A exit lane didn't get cleared all the way to the jughandle until yesterday.

Christie says good job Brownie.

Gov. Christie Keeps NJ Streets Safe for Liberals

f8d5cb9a90906c130de00101ce63_grande.jpg

Columnist’s advice to Christie: Not all criticism is personal | Capitol Quickies

“When he returned to the state on Friday, the governor was in a combative mood, swatting aside criticism as uninformed, partisan, or local mayors trying to shift blame to the state,” wrote the muse. “And therein lies the danger for Christie. We understand that in order for him to succeed, he’s got to fight Democrats, special interests and an entrenched bureaucracy in Trenton. We understand that means that he sometimes needs to be aggressive in his responses. But not all criticism is personal. Or even wrong. And Christie needs to recognize the difference.”

This is a personality trait of Christie that would not carry over well to the Presidency. He takes all criticism as personal and responds by attacking the person raising the question. His "Bull in a china shop" personality works well in dealing with opponents, but his inability to objectively answer for his performance could be his undoing

Last edited:
With the internet and phone and other systems out there these days, what could he have possibly done in trenton that he didn't do in florida? All he could have accomplished in Trenton was get his picture taken in the snow. What good would that do.

I am sure he was watching fox and Cnn on a regular basis and calling folks in Trenton and going what the hell from his hotel room. Which is what he would have been doing in Trenton anyway. You expect him to get a shovel?

Well, donchaknow? Appearances and photo ops are much more important than actual substance.

What a freaking hypocrit you are. Here's what you said Obama should have done about the BP spill

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/119646-so-what-should-obama-have-done-3.html#post2371328

Gone to the gulf immediately. Leadership matters. Whether or not one likes Bush, his presence at Ground Zero after 9/11 was effective. Being There is half the job of leadership.

but when it comes to the republicans, this wingnut flipflops and suddenly 'Leadership doesn't matter" :lol:

Keep walking it back, Sangha. If the folks I know and love live in Brooklyn (Bath Beach to be precise) and they could not get around due to unplowed roads and unshoveled sidewalks, then yes, Bath Beach IS New York City! I don't give a rat's ass what happened in Queens or The Bronx as I have no connection there. But, the folks I know who live in New York City are, by in large, Brooklyners and they were SHUT DOWN!

and you can bag that schoolyard crap too.

And the idiot repeats his moron claim that "Bath Beach IS NYC", after dishonestly claiming he said "Bath Beach is in NYC"

And he thinks that all of NYC was "SHUT DOWN" because Bath Beach wasn't fully plowed:cuckoo:

Keep walking it back, Sangha. If the folks I know and love live in Brooklyn (Bath Beach to be precise) and they could not get around due to unplowed roads and unshoveled sidewalks, then yes, Bath Beach IS New York City! I don't give a rat's ass what happened in Queens or The Bronx as I have no connection there. But, the folks I know who live in New York City are, by in large, Brooklyners and they were SHUT DOWN!

and you can bag that schoolyard crap too.

Do you blame Gov Patterson or Gov Elect Cuomo? Oh and STFU.

If the entire NY State went unplowed the way Jersey did, I would

But our governor is not incompetent. NY State roads were shoveled promptly

I don't believe a word you're saying. You say you're sweetheart lives in BK but it's clear that you don't live anywhere near NYC. If you did, you'ld know that Bath Beach is not NYC.

Even you admit that a car service was willing to drive her to JFK. They wouldn't be able to do that if the Belt Pkwy was closed.
Bath Beach is as much NYC as Flatbush, Whitestone and Harlem are, pinhead.

And another moron thinks that NYC was SHUT DOWN because someone's lazy GF didn't get ehr street plowed:lol:

I don't believe a word you're saying. You say you're sweetheart lives in BK but it's clear that you don't live anywhere near NYC. If you did, you'ld know that Bath Beach is not NYC.

Even you admit that a car service was willing to drive her to JFK. They wouldn't be able to do that if the Belt Pkwy was closed.

And another moron thinks that NYC was SHUT DOWN because someone's lazy GF didn't get ehr street plowed:lol:

shut up, asshole
:lol:

nobody cares what you *think*

shut up, asshole
:lol:

nobody cares what you *think*

And another wingnut lies :lol::lol:

del doesn't care

del doesn't care so much that del had to post a response to me :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, right! I believe you!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Columnist’s advice to Christie: Not all criticism is personal | Capitol Quickies

“When he returned to the state on Friday, the governor was in a combative mood, swatting aside criticism as uninformed, partisan, or local mayors trying to shift blame to the state,” wrote the muse. “And therein lies the danger for Christie. We understand that in order for him to succeed, he’s got to fight Democrats, special interests and an entrenched bureaucracy in Trenton. We understand that means that he sometimes needs to be aggressive in his responses. But not all criticism is personal. Or even wrong. And Christie needs to recognize the difference.”

This is a personality trait of Christie that would not carry over well to the Presidency. He takes all criticism as personal and responds by attacking the person raising the question. His "Bull in a china shop" personality works well in dealing with opponents, but his inability to objectively answer for his performance could be his undoing

Almost everyone who lives in Jersey/NYC has a 'bull in a china shop' personality. Above post a bunch of horseshit! The only way to effectively deal with east coast jamokes is to be an east coast jamoke yourself!
Been there, grew up there, and know there.
East coast jamokes also overexaggerate......like complaining over 20 in. of snow like being 10x worse than Hurricane Katrina. That's the kind of bullshit you hear from S. Philly all the way up the turnpike to NYC.

Forum List

Back