New Jersey calling Gov. (George Bush) Christie, who says, "Good job Brownie!"

Well, Giovanni Verrazano, Bath Beach IS in Brooklyn!

You must be too dumb to realize that I said "Bath Beach is not NYC", not "Bath Beach is not Brooklyn"

I knew you weren't from NYC. That's why you think Bath Beach is "NYC", and think I mentioned "Brooklyn" when I said "NYC". You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

I cross the bridge named for the Italian explorer who 'discovered' NY harbor, take the Belt Parkway east to Bay Parkway, north to Bath Avenue and then east to Bay 40something street (to protect her anonymity). Voilà! I'm in Bath Beach! Brooklyn! New York City!

I have an apt on Shore Road, in Bay Ridge. It overlooks the Verrazano and the Belt Pkwy. Both were open, even while the snow was falling.

By the end of the next day, 86th St, Bay Ridge Pkwy, Cropsey Ave and Bay Pkwy were plowed. If you look at a map of Bath Beach, you'll see that these are ALL of the major roads in the area. Your GF could have gotten around. All she had to do was walk through the snow for a few blocks

BTW, there is a depot in Bath Beach where they store the plows. That's why I know that your GF's report is inaccurate. The plows had to plow Bath Beachs major roads in order to get to the other neighborhoods

Bottom line: NYC was not shut down, as you claimed. For a few days, driving around was A Bad Idea, but if you had to get somewhere, it could be done. Even the subways were operating.
And here I thought that Brooklyn, along with The Bronx, Staten Island, Queens and Manhattan made up "NYC". I must now reference my Sangha Atlas to see where I went wrong!

Whoda thunk Brooklyn ain't in New York City anymore! Wait til I call my sweety! Those NYC taxes no longer apply to her! I hope her son ( a Sargent on the New York Police Department) who lives downstairs from her doesn't lose his job because of residency requirements.

This wingnut is too dishonest to admit that he was to think that Bath Beach *is* NYC, and now wants to prented he said that Bath Beach was IN NYC:lol::lol:

She lives between Cropsey and Bath Avenues. She could not move.

The M train has a stop on Bay 50th and Stillwell Ave, just a few blocks away. Less than a mile

XXXXXXX

Keep walking it back, Sangha. If the folks I know and love live in Brooklyn (Bath Beach to be precise) and they could not get around due to unplowed roads and unshoveled sidewalks, then yes, Bath Beach IS New York City! I don't give a rat's ass what happened in Queens or The Bronx as I have no connection there. But, the folks I know who live in New York City are, by in large, Brooklyners and they were SHUT DOWN!

and you can bag that schoolyard crap too.

LOL

The Governor has to shovel snow?

You see why NJ is so fucked up from one Party Dem rule?

They think the Governor has to pick up a shovel. LOL

Keep walking it back, Sangha. If the folks I know and love live in Brooklyn (Bath Beach to be precise) and they could not get around due to unplowed roads and unshoveled sidewalks, then yes, Bath Beach IS New York City! I don't give a rat's ass what happened in Queens or The Bronx as I have no connection there. But, the folks I know who live in New York City are, by in large, Brooklyners and they were SHUT DOWN!

and you can bag that schoolyard crap too.

Do you blame Gov Patterson or Gov Elect Cuomo? Oh and STFU.

Last edited:
LOL

He doesn't have to, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Cory Booker, the Mayor of Newark, NJ, was out in the street with his Sanitation Commissioner walking around with a shovel in his hand and was having fun helping to dig out a few cars.

He didn't have to do that -- but if he runs against Christie next time around he's got my vote.

Last edited:
LOL

Cory Booker, the Mayor of Newark, NJ, was out in the street with his Sanitation Commissioner walking around with a shovel in his hand and was having fun helping to dig out a few cars.

He didn't have to do that -- but if he runs against Christie next time around he's got my vote.

Keep an eye on Booker. He will be moving up

LOL

Keep an eye on Booker. He will be moving up

I have to say I truly find myself impressed with him. ;)

I don't believe a word you're saying. You say you're sweetheart lives in BK but it's clear that you don't live anywhere near NYC. If you did, you'ld know that Bath Beach is not NYC.

Even you admit that a car service was willing to drive her to JFK. They wouldn't be able to do that if the Belt Pkwy was closed.
Bath Beach is as much NYC as Flatbush, Whitestone and Harlem are, pinhead.

When in doubt..deflect.

This thread is about Christie.

And his administration's effectiveness in actually getting stuff done..with a smaller budget.

You know..the mantra..more with less?

No one from New Jersey made it in to the place where I worked..unless they stayed in a hotel overnight in Manhattan.

That speaks volumes.
Only if they walked from that hotel.

NYC was shut down and no one from Jersey could get into the city. So much for your BS.

Check your yahoo. The markets were open. I got to work by subway.

BS not withstanding.

NYC was shut down and no one from Jersey could get into the city. So much for your BS.

Liar

NYC was not shut down
My Brooklyn sweetheart sang a different tune! Her street in Bath Beach went unplowed until Thursday afternoon! She could not get to or out of JFK for her Christmas visit here in Pittsburgh. One out of the eight car services she called was willing to try to drive her to JFK for three times the regular fee. She told me the Belt Parkway looked like a Norman Rockwell winter landscape.

That's about as shut down as you get.

Manhattan was pretty much plowed the next day. Thats where I live and work.

In any case..it's another shining example of the "more with less" credo. Sanitation experienced a reduction in work force.

When in doubt..deflect.

And his administration's effectiveness in actually getting stuff done..with a smaller budget.

No one from New Jersey made it in to the place where I worked..unless they stayed in a hotel overnight in Manhattan.

That speaks volumes.

BS not withstanding.

Sallow, Just curious, What day's did you work last week? We had bad parking issues so I held off until Friday. Thursday was really the first halfway safe day, because little was salted until then. Monday & Tuesday, the above ground Trains were a mess. Bad idea to not get the salt down fast.

BS not withstanding.

Sallow, Just curious, What day's did you work last week? We had bad parking issues so I held off until Friday. Thursday was really the first halfway safe day, because little was salted until then. Monday & Tuesday, the above ground Trains were a mess. Bad idea to not get the salt down fast.

Monday - Friday. Monday was the toughest..the sidewalks were still a mess. But Tuesday through Friday was smooth sailing. I even went to a New Year's party in Queens, Friday night. Off 75th Ave between Queens Blvd and Austin Street.

Liar

NYC was not shut down
My Brooklyn sweetheart sang a different tune! Her street in Bath Beach went unplowed until Thursday afternoon! She could not get to or out of JFK for her Christmas visit here in Pittsburgh. One out of the eight car services she called was willing to try to drive her to JFK for three times the regular fee. She told me the Belt Parkway looked like a Norman Rockwell winter landscape.

That's about as shut down as you get.

Manhattan was pretty much plowed the next day. Thats where I live and work.

In any case..it's another shining example of the "more with less" credo. Sanitation experienced a reduction in work force.

I watched 1984 last night, Comrade. We have always been at war with Eurasia. Less is More. 2+2+5 when you say it does. I get it. ;) Keep telling everyone how great the streets in Manhattan were. I think you should broadcast it. Keep reminding everyone. Or we could just look at it as misappropriation of funds and resources. What comes around goes around. ;)

When in doubt..deflect.

That speaks volumes.

I as well as others who live near me in Brooklyn and Queens and upstate NY didn't make it to work for two days and our politicians were all in place.....:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
Anyone remember in the '80's when Marion Barry was mayor of DC and they had a big snowstorm and he was off in the sunshine somewhere through the whole thing?

Amazingly, he wasn't defended by the rightwing crowd of back then. In fact, they thought it was great sport to mock the bejesus out of him.

Times have changed, I guess.

Anyone remember in the '80's when Marion Barry was mayor of DC and they had a big snowstorm and he was off in the sunshine somewhere through the whole thing?

Amazingly, he wasn't defended by the rightwing crowd of back then. In fact, they thought it was great sport to mock the bejesus out of him.

Times have changed, I guess.

The problem was that Barry tried to apologize for the poor performance. He needed to come back and declare that an exceptional job was done....then you don't have to justify your absence from doing your job

In the front of the house he gives great speeches about doing hard work and making tough choices.

In the back of the house he abandons his state when they need him.

He is a con man.

When will the morons figure it out?

Dead Leader is hiking the ol' Appalachian Trail.

Last edited:
LOL

No one thinks the governor has to pick up a shovel. But if he does it even though he doesn't have to the gesture is called noblesse oblige and it shows him to be a leader rather than a ruler.

Forum List

Back