New Jersey calling Gov. (George Bush) Christie, who says, "Good job Brownie!"

This is really dumb. What do you want him to do? Come home for the blizzard and shovel constituents driveways? [...]
The elected governor of a democratic state is not the king of a monarchy whose personal pleasures transcend the need to share in the experiences of the People. According to Christy's reasoning General Eisenhower didn't need to tag along on the Normandy Invasion, either. Everything went according to plan and he could have stayed in touch by radio.

The question is, what would Christie be saying if everything didn't go okay? What if the shit had hit the fan as it did in New York City?

Last edited:
Editorial: High praise from Christie | Asbury Park Press

Gov. Chris Christie finally returned from Walt Disney World Friday, but he remained in Fantasy Land at a news conference later in the day with his trademark arrogance in overdrive. He came to Monmouth County, of all places, to praise his administration for its work during the blizzard, giving it an A for effort and a B+ for execution.

It's hard to understand how the governor could have issued such grades — or any grades for that matter — just six hours after stepping off the plane from Florida. What was the basis for his assessment, other than rosy reports provided by his staff and others with a vested interest in making themselves look good? At the very least, he could have taken a little more time to objectively analyze the state's response to the blizzard.

As the wingnuts have made clear, Christie has no knowledge or responsibility for cleaning up the snow. That's why he's qualified to judge the job and grade the workers within a few hours :cuckoo:

When in doubt..deflect.

This thread is about Christie.

And his administration's effectiveness in actually getting stuff done..with a smaller budget.

You know..the mantra..more with less?

No one from New Jersey made it in to the place where I worked..unless they stayed in a hotel overnight in Manhattan.

That speaks volumes.
Only if they walked from that hotel.

NYC was shut down and no one from Jersey could get into the city. So much for your BS.

Liar

NYC was not shut down

When in doubt..deflect.

This thread is about Christie.

And his administration's effectiveness in actually getting stuff done..with a smaller budget.

You know..the mantra..more with less?

No one from New Jersey made it in to the place where I worked..unless they stayed in a hotel overnight in Manhattan.

That speaks volumes.

NYC was shut down and no one from Jersey could get into the city. So much for your BS.

Liar

NYC was not shut down
My Brooklyn sweetheart sang a different tune! Her street in Bath Beach went unplowed until Thursday afternoon! She could not get to or out of JFK for her Christmas visit here in Pittsburgh. One out of the eight car services she called was willing to try to drive her to JFK for three times the regular fee. She told me the Belt Parkway looked like a Norman Rockwell winter landscape.

That's about as shut down as you get.

Liar

NYC was not shut down
My Brooklyn sweetheart sang a different tune! Her street in Bath Beach went unplowed until Thursday afternoon! She could not get to or out of JFK for her Christmas visit here in Pittsburgh. One out of the eight car services she called was willing to try to drive her to JFK for three times the regular fee. She told me the Belt Parkway looked like a Norman Rockwell winter landscape.

I don't believe a word you're saying. You say you're sweetheart lives in BK but it's clear that you don't live anywhere near NYC. If you did, you'ld know that Bath Beach is not NYC.

Even you admit that a car service was willing to drive her to JFK. They wouldn't be able to do that if the Belt Pkwy was closed.

The beef against Bloomberg was that Manhattan got all the plowing while the outer boroughs went unplowed.

NYC was not shut down but many local streets outside Manhattan were impassable

The beef against Bloomberg was that Manhattan got all the plowing while the outer boroughs went unplowed.

NYC was not shut down but many local streets outside Manhattan were impassable

That's an accurate description. Bloomberg thinks NYC is all about Manhattan

Liar

NYC was not shut down

I don't believe a word you're saying. You say you're sweetheart lives in BK but it's clear that you don't live anywhere near NYC. If you did, you'ld know that Bath Beach is not NYC.

Even you admit that a car service was willing to drive her to JFK. They wouldn't be able to do that if the Belt Pkwy was closed.
Well, Giovanni Verrazano, Bath Beach IS in Brooklyn! Look southwest between Coney Island and Bensonhurst. I've been there many times. I cross the bridge named for the Italian explorer who 'discovered' NY harbor, take the Belt Parkway east to Bay Parkway, north to Bath Avenue and then east to Bay 40something street (to protect her anonymity). Voilà! I'm in Bath Beach! Brooklyn! New York City!

"My first and most important responsibility, in my view, is as a husband and a father, and I think I made that pretty clear to the people of New Jersey when I was running."

Reeeeeeeeeeeeallllllllllllllllly???Methinks he should step down, then.

The sixth largest snowstorm in New York history buried the streets in four-foot drifts, brought transit to a halt and spread a strange and wonderful hush over the city.

The Blizzard of 2010 dumped between 18 and 24 inches of snow - with 29 inches reported in parts of Staten Island - and winds gusts up to 60 mph.

Remarkably for such a wicked storm, no deaths were reported.

Mayor Bloomberg asked New Yorkers not to drive and to call 911 only for life-threatening emergencies.

"The world has not come to an end," he said. "The city's going on. Many people are taking the day off. Most stores are open. There's no reason for anybody to panic."

Complaints were flooding in from all over the city about snow-clogged roads and AWOL plows.

The Sanitation Department said most major avenues had been cleared but side streets were a problem, largely because so many stalled and abandoned cars were blocking snowplows.

"Some [streets] will be cleaned today, some tonight, some unfortunately not until tomorrow," said Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty.

"When we clear your block," he warned, "don't get out and start shoveling snow back out there."

All three major New York area airports closed; Metro-North and the LIRR shut down; many subway lines ground to a halt and the others were limping; the bridges and tunnels were closed or terribly clogged; buses and cabs were impossible to find.

Read more: Christmas Blizzard of 2010: Mayor Bloomberg defends NYC's response to winter storm, mass transit

Well, Giovanni Verrazano, Bath Beach IS in Brooklyn!

You must be too dumb to realize that I said "Bath Beach is not NYC", not "Bath Beach is not Brooklyn"

Look southwest between Coney Island and Bensonhurst. I've been there many times.

I knew you weren't from NYC. That's why you think Bath Beach is "NYC", and think I mentioned "Brooklyn" when I said "NYC". You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

I cross the bridge named for the Italian explorer who 'discovered' NY harbor, take the Belt Parkway east to Bay Parkway, north to Bath Avenue and then east to Bay 40something street (to protect her anonymity). Voilà! I'm in Bath Beach! Brooklyn! New York City!

I have an apt on Shore Road, in Bay Ridge. It overlooks the Verrazano and the Belt Pkwy. Both were open, even while the snow was falling.

By the end of the next day, 86th St, Bay Ridge Pkwy, Cropsey Ave and Bay Pkwy were plowed. If you look at a map of Bath Beach, you'll see that these are ALL of the major roads in the area. Your GF could have gotten around. All she had to do was walk through the snow for a few blocks

BTW, there is a depot in Bath Beach where they store the plows. That's why I know that your GF's report is inaccurate. The plows had to plow Bath Beachs major roads in order to get to the other neighborhoods

Bottom line: NYC was not shut down, as you claimed. For a few days, driving around was A Bad Idea, but if you had to get somewhere, it could be done. Even the subways were operating.

"My first and most important responsibility, in my view, is as a husband and a father, and I think I made that pretty clear to the people of New Jersey when I was running."

Riding Space Mountain takes precedence over the people of New Jersey

[...]
The City of New York consists of five boroughs; Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Staten Island. A common confusion arises from mistakenly referring to Manhattan as New York City.

Bath Beach is a Section of Brooklyn, which is a part of New York City. So Bath Beach is a part of New York City.

article-1342412-040CFEFD0000044D-855_634x422.jpg

Yep...in wingnutworld, apparently it does.

Well, Giovanni Verrazano, Bath Beach IS in Brooklyn!

You must be too dumb to realize that I said "Bath Beach is not NYC", not "Bath Beach is not Brooklyn"

Look southwest between Coney Island and Bensonhurst. I've been there many times.

I knew you weren't from NYC. That's why you think Bath Beach is "NYC", and think I mentioned "Brooklyn" when I said "NYC". You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

I cross the bridge named for the Italian explorer who 'discovered' NY harbor, take the Belt Parkway east to Bay Parkway, north to Bath Avenue and then east to Bay 40something street (to protect her anonymity). Voilà! I'm in Bath Beach! Brooklyn! New York City!

I have an apt on Shore Road, in Bay Ridge. It overlooks the Verrazano and the Belt Pkwy. Both were open, even while the snow was falling.

By the end of the next day, 86th St, Bay Ridge Pkwy, Cropsey Ave and Bay Pkwy were plowed. If you look at a map of Bath Beach, you'll see that these are ALL of the major roads in the area. Your GF could have gotten around. All she had to do was walk through the snow for a few blocks

BTW, there is a depot in Bath Beach where they store the plows. That's why I know that your GF's report is inaccurate. The plows had to plow Bath Beachs major roads in order to get to the other neighborhoods

Bottom line: NYC was not shut down, as you claimed. For a few days, driving around was A Bad Idea, but if you had to get somewhere, it could be done. Even the subways were operating.
And here I thought that Brooklyn, along with The Bronx, Staten Island, Queens and Manhattan made up "NYC". I must now reference my Sangha Atlas to see where I went wrong!

Whoda thunk Brooklyn ain't in New York City anymore! Wait til I call my sweety! Those NYC taxes no longer apply to her! I hope her son ( a Sargent on the New York Police Department) who lives downstairs from her doesn't lose his job because of residency requirements.

She lives between Cropsey and Bath Avenues. She could not move.

Liar

NYC was not shut down

Totally believable. My street wasn't plowed until early Wednesday morning. Most of the Outer Borroughs, other than primary roads, did not see salt or plows until days after the storm hit. Very unusual response.

Forum List

Back