New homes being built...economy looking good

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Hey, just heard that out here in liberal land we've managed to allow (finally) landowners in rural areas of Oregon to actually develop their own land.

The result will be tens of thousands of new homes in rural Oregon.

What does this mean? Jobs and affordable homes, and a reduction of poverty in rural areas.

So much for the "failing economy". What a ridiculous myth.

They are not building any new homes in my area, But I assume that is because in my county alone 20% of all homes are brand new EMPTY homes. Well Brand new as in never lived in. Most have been sitting empty for 1 or 2 years now.

They are not building any new homes in my area, But I assume that is because in my county alone 20% of all homes are brand new EMPTY homes. Well Brand new as in never lived in. Most have been sitting empty for 1 or 2 years now.

shhhhhhh.... you'll make allie mad

Hey, just heard that out here in liberal land we've managed to allow (finally) landowners in rural areas of Oregon to actually develop their own land.

What does this mean? Jobs and affordable homes, and a reduction of poverty in rural areas.

If the new homes indeed will provide jobs and reduce poverty, I am all for it.

"So much for the "failing economy". What a ridiculous myth." hmmmmmm :confused:

If the new homes indeed will provide jobs and reduce poverty, I am all for it.

"So much for the "failing economy". What a ridiculous myth." hmmmmmm :confused:

Only if people will actually BUY them!

In my area the homes that were built 2 years ago are still not selling, therefore Not many new homes are being built. Of course I live in the THIRD WORLD NATION OF MICHIGAN, so I may not have a good view of how things are elsewhere :)

Only if people will actually BUY them!

In my area the homes that were built 2 years ago are still not selling, therefore Not many new homes are being built. Of course I live in the THIRD WORLD NATION OF MICHIGAN, so I may not have a good view of how things are elsewhere :)

Agreed. :eusa_angel: but then there is always ...Section 8 Rental Voucher Program - HUD ....

* WHICH IS FINE FOR THOSE THAT ACTUALLY NEED & DESERVE IT! :eusa_angel:

I should have called my State "the third world Nation formery known as Michigan" as many have come to call it "New Ontario", obvioussly a jab at where our incompetent governor hails from.

This economy was never "failing". In fact recessions are a healthy part of the business cycle. They cleanse the excesses and kill off the weak sisters. But it has been a rough patch and will be for some time yet.

Forum List

Back