Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
_h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg

Obam's HHS nominee Burwell is a political hatchet woman

April 13, 2014

Thomas Lifson

Sylvia Matthews Burwell, nominated to replace Kathleen Sebelius, will do anything he bosses tell her. Up to and including rummaging through a dead man’s trash to seize anything that might embarrass her boss. Andrew Stiles of the Free Beacon reports on her shocking actions following the still controversial death of White House counselor Vince Foster during the Clinton administration. Foster’s body was discovered in Fort Marcy Park, which led to the investigation being led by the Park Police, hardly the most capable criminal investigators. In their hands, the death was ruled a suicide.

However he died, Foster’s personal papers were of great concern to Bill and Hillary Clinton. In order to assure that no impartial investigators got hold of them, they dispatched hatchet men and women. Stiles picks up the narrative:

In July 1995, Burwell (then Sylvia Mathews) was one of several key aides questioned by the Senate Whitewater Committee regarding the death of deputy White House counsel Vince Foster.

Foster’s death was officially ruled a suicide. The Clinton White House eventually admitted to misleading investigators about how senior officials had seized and disposed of files relating to the first couple’s controversial investments in the Whitewater Development Corporation, a failed real estate venture.

Clinton spokeswoman Dee Dee Myers admitted that then-White House counsel Bernard Nussbaum, who had recovered documents relating to the Whitewater controversy from Foster’s office after his death, did not turn over the documents to the Clinton family’s personal attorney, contrary to what White House officials had claimed. Nussbaum had actually given the documents to Hillary Clinton’s chief of staff, who placed them in a White House safe for five days before being turned over to the family attorney.

Under questioning, Sylvia Mathews and her colleagues denied impeding a police investigation into Foster’s death after his body was found in a northern Virginia park. According to the New York Times, Mathews testified “in laborious detail about what she had found in Mr. Foster’s garbage on the night he died.”

For reasons known only to himself, Senator John McCain almost immediately pronounced on Twitter, “Sylvia Burwell is an excellent choice to be the next HHS Secretary.” Let’s hope that some other senators in her confirmation hearing are a bit less credulous.

Blog: Obam's HHS nominee Burwell is a political hatchet woman

This is the woman who headed the shutting down of the WWII Memorial during Obama's fake government shutdown. Remember Barrier-Gate?

wwii_2_js1_605.jpg
zoo12n-1-web.jpg

Could Shutdown Skeletons Haunt Sylvia Burwell? - The Daily Beast

Could Shutdown Skeletons Haunt Sylvia Burwell? - The Daily Beast

Hmm, let' see. Loyal Democrat. Check. Can lie on demand. Check. Mediocre record of achievement. Check. No ethics to speak of. Check.

Yup, sounds like an Obama appointee all right.
Notice how all his appointments in the second term have been noticeably worse than his first. Sibelius was governor of Kansas. Burwell is a hack. And so on.

"Mediocre record of acheivement"? where you get that son? Link? She ran Gates Foundation, was Chief of Staff to the Treasury Secretary and was a Rhodes scholar just to name a few of accomplishments. Stop being a rw hack The Rabbi. Who am i kidding. Carry on Tool(s). :thup:

Last edited:
"Mediocre record of acheivement"? where you get that son? Link? She ran Gates Foundation and was a Rhodes scholar just to name a couple of accomplishments. Stop being a rw hack The Rabbi. Who am i kidding. Carry on Tool(s). :thup:

Remnd me what she accompliahsed anywhere. Yeah, nothing. Dems have glowing resumes filled with failure.

she's accomplished a hell of a lot more than you :thup: You aren't in any position to judge many, IF ANY, people hackboi.

"Mediocre record of acheivement"? where you get that son? Link? She ran Gates Foundation, was Chief of Staff to the Treasury Secretary and was a Rhodes scholar just to name a few of accomplishments. Stop being a rw hack The Rabbi. Who am i kidding. Carry on Tool(s). :thup:

She's also highly regarded by both sides of the aisle.

Except by the hacks.

As what? A party operative hack?

Does she have any accomplishment in the private sector, career staffers are worse than politicians, they don't answer to the voters.

Obama nominated a Washington insider? I'm shocked! Shocked i say!

So..how much in taxes has this one not paid?

The Senate on Thursday confirmed Sylvia Mathews Burwell as the new Secretary of Health and Human Services in a 78-17 vote.

Burwell, the former director of the Office of Management and Budget, replaces former Sec. Kathleen Sebelius, who resigned in April.

Republican members of the Senate raised concerns about Burwell and her support for Obamacare, but she was easily confirmed to her new post.

Burwell Confirmed As New Health Secretary

So what happened to the major Obamacare headache wingnuts were supposed to give the WH about her confirmation?

:)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back