New Evidence? Kent State shootings.

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Kent State tape indicates altercation and pistol fire preceded National Guard shootings (audio)

KENT, Ohio -- A noisy, violent altercation and four pistol shots took place about 70 seconds before Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire on antiwar protesters at Kent State University, according to a new analysis of a 40-year-old audiotape of the event.
The discovery adds new perspective to -- and raises new questions about -- one of the signature events of the 20th century, after four decades of spirited discussion and research.

Kent State tape indicates altercation and pistol fire preceded National Guard shootings (audio) | cleveland.com

Paper: Gunfire, tussle heard before Kent State shootings

Paper: Gunfire, tussle heard before Kent State shootings – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Well he always denied shooting his weapon after he was attacked by the crowd, the implications are enormous IMO.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's accurate, but why is this information only being learned now?

WOW!!!

Good Lord! If this is true, can you imagine the GUILT Norman must have been feeling, for all of these years,

knowing that HE was the Prime Motivator behind that fiasco...

On the other hand, it IS strange that it's taken this long for any conspiracy theorists to delve into an investigation of the tapes. Why would TPTB (FBI, National Guardsmen, whomEVER) want to do this sort of cover-up?

Cripes.

CaféAuLait;2827362 said:
Kent State tape indicates altercation and pistol fire preceded National Guard shootings (audio)

KENT, Ohio -- A noisy, violent altercation and four pistol shots took place about 70 seconds before Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire on antiwar protesters at Kent State University, according to a new analysis of a 40-year-old audiotape of the event.
The discovery adds new perspective to -- and raises new questions about -- one of the signature events of the 20th century, after four decades of spirited discussion and research.

Kent State tape indicates altercation and pistol fire preceded National Guard shootings (audio) | cleveland.com

Paper: Gunfire, tussle heard before Kent State shootings

Paper: Gunfire, tussle heard before Kent State shootings – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Well he always denied shooting his weapon after he was attacked by the crowd, the implications are enormous IMO.

The shooters were on the GRASSY KNOLL!

I said LONG ago, including on this board, that the rioters precipitated that event.

If the anti-war protesters hadn't been acting like idiots, rioting and destroying property in town, the Guard wouldn't have been called in.
They sacfificed their lives to get us out of an idiotic war and that's what counts. :thup:

Correction: They were a bunch of upper middle class cowards that felt the world should be theirs with no strings attached. They were already exempt from the draft because their daddys were rich enough to send the little bastards to college where it was nice and safe while lower middle class and the poor had to fight.

Whether a pistol was fired or not is moot. There is no evidence the kids killed (murdered?) were engaged in any illegal activity.
As a side bar question I'd like to know how old ConHog is, his comments reflect both an immaturity and an ignorance of history.

If the anti-war protesters hadn't been acting like idiots, rioting and destroying property in town, the Guard wouldn't have been called in.
They sacfificed their lives to get us out of an idiotic war and that's what counts. :thup:

Correction: They were a bunch of upper middle class cowards that felt the world should be theirs with no strings attached. They were already exempt from the draft because their daddys were rich enough to send the little bastards to college where it was nice and safe while lower middle class and the poor had to fight.
So basically you are saying that it was OK to murder these unarmed college students. :doubt:

Yawn.

The kids were set up by Bill Ayers to do exactly what they did, with an eye to a slaughter that would make "the man" look bad. Ayers admitted it himself. He said Kent was "ripe" for such an event.

So basically you are saying that it was OK to murder these unarmed college students. :doubt:

yep, total anti-american scum

The guy who fired the shots (if shots were fired) was an FBI informant who was being harassed by some students.

If was an FBI person who initiated the gunfire, it is not exculpatory toward the government in re the shootings.

I have seen how these protests go down over the years. I was 12 at the time, and these things were very violent. There was a reason for the national guard to be there.

So the Kent State National Guard guys say they they fired in response to gunfire.

Gunfire done by an FBI guy.

Who was being beaten for taking pictures of an event in a public place by thugs among the protestors.

It just gets messier and messier.

I read the article and what struck me was a cops statement at the time when he checked the chamber of the gun said "My Gosh he fired 4 shots" He later recanted that, and in his after action report said the gun was never fired and fully loaded, however later on ballistic's proved the gun was fired but they could not determine when it was fired.

Cover up, by cops, FBI later gave him a nice cushion job, now why would they do that? My red flag is up on this and I'm afraid there is a lot more to this story that we probably will never hear.

Last edited:
The guy who fired the shots (if shots were fired) was an FBI informant who was being harassed by some students.

If was an FBI person who initiated the gunfire, it is not exculpatory toward the government in re the shootings.

I have seen how these protests go down over the years. I was 12 at the time, and these things were very violent. There was a reason for the national guard to be there.

So the Kent State National Guard guys say they they fired in response to gunfire.

Gunfire done by an FBI guy.

Who was being beaten for taking pictures of an event in a public place by thugs among the protestors.

It just gets messier and messier.

yes. it is a mess. the whole decade from a social stand point was an overflow of several different cauldrons of hate, angst etc.

Its hard to believe we had half a million men in SE Asia, and put a man on the moon against this backdrop.

as to the OP;

Things like this generally never happen in a vacuum.
If the shots were as it appears fired before hand then the commander and sub unit commanders of that NG unit had at least tentative regulatory approval to employ lethal force and which speaks to the soldiers ( not professionals) being spooked and firing what appears to be indiscriminately, its tragic and horrible and still problematic if the time lapse between the pistol shots and the guard firing is accurate.

Last edited:
Yawn.

The kids were set up by Bill Ayers to do exactly what they did, with an eye to a slaughter that would make "the man" look bad. Ayers admitted it himself. He said Kent was "ripe" for such an event.

Seriously, are you stupid or simply an ignorant fool.
Where were you when Kent St. went down?

Facts always have a way of being changed over time and especially when emotions are involved. The Kent State shootings were a dark day in the history of America but nevertheless, it's part of what makes us Americans. Exactly what happened that day, and why, most likely will never clearly be known.

I always thought it was interesting two innocent people were killed, who weren't even part of the protest.

Forum List

Back