New Evidence? Kent State shootings.

Yeah. Why was the Guard called in again?

That's the part they like to pretend didn't happen. FOUR DAYS of that shit before shots were fired. That speaks of restraint, not some wild assed Guard members thirsting for the kill.
You'll note that Gadawg skipped right over my question. :cool:

I answered it.
Name an armed student killed at Kent State.
Name an armed student injured there.
Name any time anywhere where police or military are ordered to fire ON UNARMED CITIZENS.
I am not condoning what the students do or did but that does not give them the right TO KILL INNOCENT CIVILIANS.
Think long and hard about it.

That guard unit was undisciplined and were not under fire.
None of the injured and killed were armed and there were no claims from anyone with the guard that they were. There were 67 random shots from the guard. Many of the injured WERE NOT protesting anything but were students passing by and were not near the protestors. NOT all of the university was protesting.
Governor Rhodes called the protestors "worse than the Nazi brown shirts, we are up against the strongest,well trained militant revolutionary group ever assembled in America"
The stage was set for murder and it happened.
None of the guard were hit by rocks but a few campus police were. Bayonets were drawn from the start of this and the order to fire on unarmed students was issued as that is on tape.
William Knox Schroeder was killed as he passed by the protestors 50 feet away. He was a ROTC member. Average distance of those killed and injured by guard shooters=350 feet.
Yeah. Why was the Guard called in again?

That's the part they like to pretend didn't happen. FOUR DAYS of that shit before shots were fired. That speaks of restraint, not some wild assed Guard members thirsting for the kill.

Never said anyone was "thirsting for the kill".
But FBI have statements that a few of the guardsman "had beads" on a few of the protestors that were unarmed and shot them.
You are not advocating shooting unarmed citizens are you?
Don't you require some evidence, something, anything to justify use of force?
The most basic POST standards IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR have those rules.
And the Ohio National Guard didn't go by anything close to that.
The closest student killed was 265 feet away. Unarmed.
Initial news accounts from the Ohio National Guard media people feeds:
"Numerous Guardsman killed and injured at Kent State" allover Ohio and nationally.
Sad to see that propaganda has lasted to this day.

Keep in mind folks while this was going on my father was a retired officer in the Marine Corps, my brother was in Viet Nam with half the neighboehood boys his age and I hated almost all protestors, especially the Kent State kind. I lived in Sewanee TN at that time and they burned down the National Guard Armory there. Sorry bastards they were but innocent students were killed at Kent and there is no excuse.

Bull Fighter is full of it, I was out of college and in the National Guard during Kent State and saw the reports. My unit in Texas was responsible for preparing for the same scenario in Texas. The reports were clear that out side agitators were involved to get the kids to take the hit while they stayed well away from the fray. The Kent State students were assembled in violation of the law but did not deserve to die but the Guard should not have to take the blame. Then as now there are groups who are stirring up the trouble.

CaféAuLait;2827362 said:
Kent State tape indicates altercation and pistol fire preceded National Guard shootings (audio)

KENT, Ohio -- A noisy, violent altercation and four pistol shots took place about 70 seconds before Ohio National Guardsmen opened fire on antiwar protesters at Kent State University, according to a new analysis of a 40-year-old audiotape of the event.
The discovery adds new perspective to -- and raises new questions about -- one of the signature events of the 20th century, after four decades of spirited discussion and research.

Kent State tape indicates altercation and pistol fire preceded National Guard shootings (audio) | cleveland.com

Paper: Gunfire, tussle heard before Kent State shootings

Paper: Gunfire, tussle heard before Kent State shootings – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Well he always denied shooting his weapon after he was attacked by the crowd, the implications are enormous IMO.

I've got some "new evidence" for you. Punks shouldn't throw rocks and bottles at troops with loaded rifles.

I answered it.
Name any time anywhere where police or military are ordered to fire ON UNARMED CITIZENS.
I am not condoning what the students do or did but that does not give them the right TO KILL INNOCENT CIVILIANS.

Kent state is an example of what happens when militant groups hide behind civilians.

Keep in mind folks while this was going on my father was a retired officer in the Marine Corps, my brother was in Viet Nam with half the neighboehood boys his age and I hated almost all protestors, especially the Kent State kind. I lived in Sewanee TN at that time and they burned down the National Guard Armory there. Sorry bastards they were but innocent students were killed at Kent and there is no excuse.

Terrorism always results in innocents being killed. That's the point of it. Go after the terrorists instead of blaming the good guys, moron.

I answered it.

Kent state is an example of what happens when militant groups hide behind civilians.

Ok, not disagreeing with that.
But that never allows anyone to shoot at unarmed civilians.
Ever.

So when terrorists hide behind civilians, we should just leave them alone?

Nope.

So when terrorists hide behind civilians, we should just leave them alone?

Nope.

Are you POST certified Allie and licensed to carry a weapon and trained profesionally?
What were the ROE for those Guard troops that day? Do you even know what that is and that is ALWAYS issued?
First of all you have to prove that there were terrorists and identify who those terrorists are, where they are and how to attack them.
Shotgun fire at will and see what sticks is not the way any police force or military operates.
So let us start with you telling us who the terrorists were and where they were that day and what were they armed with?
Please show us your evidence that any of the students were armed and that those killed and injured were as a result of the Guardsman firing on terrorists. Fact is you have none as all of the killed and injured were hit by direct gunfire, not from Guardsmen aiming at make believe terrorists. Additionally, they order to "open fire" on innocent students was recorded and preserved. And to further the preposterous nature of your claims an innocent ROTC, if you even know what that is, student was walking to class and was aimed at and hit by a Guardsman. So please do not insult his death with your "terrorist" claims.
Of every student hit none were closer than 70 feet to the shooters and all were out in the open, not in front of any BS terrorist. Of those killed none was closer than a football field away. Every police and FBI investigation revealed that these were not random shots fired at targets allegedly shooting at Guardsmen. The students were massacred in cold blood.
Every student that was protesting in defiance of an order to disperse should have been tried and convicted and sentenced to one year in prison to serve. Vandalism arrests forburning and destroying should have received more.
But there is no evidence to date of any terrorists there. Do you have any?
Otherwise you can keep coming back with nothing, nothing and nothing once again.

the only bad part of the whole thing was that the national guardsmen involved weren't killed

the only bad part of the whole thing was that the national guardsmen involved weren't killed

I can understand a family member of a deceased feeling that way but one has to remember that those Guardsmen were scared that day as they were poorly trained and had arrived at night late their first day there. After 2 days of a rowdy crowd they were very unorganized and this was a result of that. No excuse but just the facts. And the Guard had a court order to disperse the crowd. But using drawn bayonets for crowd control was a terrible call by the Guard. With a windy day there the tear gas call was another botched effort by the Guard. As I stated earlier they were given an order to fire. So they are under orders and their superiors should have been the ones convicted.
Every student killed and wounded was in good standing academically and with their conduct at Kent State. The sickest part of it was that many calls were made to local media that numerous Guard had been wounded and killed and that was why they shot back.
Amazing that same mentality of fraud lasts to this day as evidenced here by uninformed posts.

I can understand a family member of a deceased feeling that way but one has to remember that those Guardsmen were scared that day as they were poorly trained and had arrived at night late their first day there. After 2 days of a rowdy crowd they were very unorganized and this was a result of that. No excuse but just the facts. And the Guard had a court order to disperse the crowd. But using drawn bayonets for crowd control was a terrible call by the Guard. With a windy day there the tear gas call was another botched effort by the Guard. As I stated earlier they were given an order to fire. So they are under orders and their superiors should have been the ones convicted.
Every student killed and wounded was in good standing academically and with their conduct at Kent State. The sickest part of it was that many calls were made to local media that numerous Guard had been wounded and killed and that was why they shot back.
Amazing that same mentality of fraud lasts to this day as evidenced here by uninformed posts.

The fraud perpetrated is that the NG fired without cause, and that what happened wasn't exactly what the terrorists wanted to happen.

Which is why I pity rather than hate the two of your.

And turd burglars such as yourselves should know...you can polish a turd. It's just that most people don't want to.

Which is why I pity rather than hate the two of your.

And turd burglars such as yourselves should know...you can polish a turd. It's just that most people don't want to.

"the two of your"
"turd burglars'
Have another triple on me Allie.

Forum List

Back