New Evidence? Kent State shootings.

Whether a pistol was fired or not is moot. There is no evidence the kids killed (murdered?) were engaged in any illegal activity.
As a side bar question I'd like to know how old ConHog is, his comments reflect both an immaturity and an ignorance of history.

I'm 39 and carry multiple degrees IN history, which isn't really relevant in having an opinion , but I bring it up because you questioned my knowledge of history.

If you don't think the Kent State students were engaged in illegal activities over a 4 day period before anyone was shot, it is YOU who are ignorant of history.

Yawn.

The kids were set up by Bill Ayers to do exactly what they did, with an eye to a slaughter that would make "the man" look bad. Ayers admitted it himself. He said Kent was "ripe" for such an event.

Seriously, are you stupid or simply an ignorant fool.
Where were you when Kent St. went down?

she is as dumb as they come

Allie's Kent State thread is epic. It was fun to watch, because Allie had no idea what she was talking about.

Sorry, conhog. The level of this conversation is, "yore a dummy" at this point.

It was epic as every thread I fully engage in is. It's not epic because of your contribution, we all know that. It was epic because it continued to engage people, facts continued to surface, and it was fascinating.

And it was all of those things because of me. So thank you for noticing.

It was epic as every thread I fully engage in is. It's not epic because of your contribution, we all know that. It was epic because it continued to engage people, facts continued to surface, and it was fascinating.

And it was all of those things because of me. So thank you for noticing.

:lol:Sure it was. I think I remember you being taken to task by a few people, because you kept getting the facts wrong. And I think I remember you not feeling bad for the two innocent people who were killed.

being called a dummy by luissa or wry catcher is no insult.

I think there are probably dozens of people right now thinking the exact same thing.

:lol: Who? You and Conhog?
One whack job and a liar, that so hurts. :rofl:

Based on history I will assume you are calling Allie a whack job and me a liar. Unless you can actually document an alleged lie from me please stop making accusations.

Facts always have a way of being changed over time and especially when emotions are involved. The Kent State shootings were a dark day in the history of America but nevertheless, it's part of what makes us Americans. Exactly what happened that day, and why, most likely will never clearly be known.

Bull shit. Here's all the clarity needed:

"On May 4, 1970 the Ohio National Guard opened fire into a busy college campus during a school day. A total of 67 shots were fired in 13 seconds. Four students: (L to R) Allison Krause, Jeffrey Miller, William Schroeder, and Sandra Scheuer were killed. Nine students were wounded"

http://www.may4.org/information/best-kent-state-1970-online-photo-links.html

Facts always have a way of being changed over time and especially when emotions are involved. The Kent State shootings were a dark day in the history of America but nevertheless, it's part of what makes us Americans. Exactly what happened that day, and why, most likely will never clearly be known.

Bull shit. Here's all the clarity needed:

"On May 4, 1970 the Ohio National Guard opened fire into a busy college campus during a school day. A total of 67 shots were fired in 13 seconds. Four students: (L to R) Allison Krause, Jeffrey Miller, William Schroeder, and Sandra Scheuer were killed. Nine students were wounded"

http://www.may4.org/information/best-kent-state-1970-online-photo-links.html

No matter how much you act like they didn't do anything to precipitate the shootings, it won't magically become true.

Whether a pistol was fired or not is moot. There is no evidence the kids killed (murdered?) were engaged in any illegal activity.
As a side bar question I'd like to know how old ConHog is, his comments reflect both an immaturity and an ignorance of history.

I'm 39 and carry multiple degrees IN history, which isn't really relevant in having an opinion , but I bring it up because you questioned my knowledge of history.

If you don't think the Kent State students were engaged in illegal activities over a 4 day period before anyone was shot, it is YOU who are ignorant of history.

Sorry pal, my BA is in Poli Sci with an American History minor and that does help form my opinions. I was in Grad School at San Francisco St. U that day in May, and my persepective on the entire period was a current event, framed in the past.
Having a degree, or even several, IN history does provide one with perspective and has an impact on ones opinion.
Since you suggest otherwise, I must infer you're full of shit and pretend to be something you're not. The something you are, IMO, based on my expereince reading MB's is a RW troll.

Sorry pal, my BA is in Poli Sci with an American History minor and that does help form my opinions. I was in Grad School at San Francisco St. U that day in May, and my persepective on the entire period was a current event, framed in the past.
Having a degree, or even several, IN history does provide one with perspective and has an impact on ones opinion.
Since you suggest otherwise, I must infer you're full of shit and pretend to be something you're not. The something you are, IMO, based on my expereince reading MB's is a RW troll.

No , having degrees and being there DO give you more information, and I have argued that with Bert for example, several times. So on THAT we agree. I was simply saying that a degree doesn't matter as far as voicing said opinion. I may worded that wrong originally, because I think we agree, and as I've said I've argued that with Bert before when he's claimed that his lack of education or experience relative to mine doesn't mean he knows less than me on various subjects.

They sacfificed their lives to get us out of an idiotic war and that's what counts. :thup:

Correction: They were a bunch of upper middle class cowards that felt the world should be theirs with no strings attached. They were already exempt from the draft because their daddys were rich enough to send the little bastards to college where it was nice and safe while lower middle class and the poor had to fight.
So basically you are saying that it was OK to murder these unarmed college students. :doubt:

Draft the bastards and put them in the front lines. At least they'll draw fire away from soldiers who are actually worth a damn.

so let me ask you a question lets start at the beginning; do you think it was a tragic accident, a plot or murder straight away?

my opinion, the photographer got in peoples face shooting pictures...and he pissed off some people and it got out of hand. Someone else covered up his shooting for reasons unknown.

I said LONG ago, including on this board, that the rioters precipitated that event.
Okay. How? (Specifics, please.)

I'm not biased for or against either side. That was an ugly incident and I'd like to find there was good reason for what happened. So far I haven't.

Now I'm reading that four pistol shots were heard seventy seconds before the Guardsmen opened up on unarmed protesters with M-1 rifles. Seventy seconds for a presumptive return fire response? I don't have to tell you how that sounds.

But I'm open to new information and I'm always eager to learn.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back