New enrollment numbers

On topic ...

Why is it people still believe ObamaCare is a product? Read the posts. The usual posters still don't get it. They also don't know that all health insurance has always depended on the premiums of those who do not use the product to pay for those who do use the product.

I am confused by your post. I think you are implying that Obamacare is not a product, but then in the next sentence you are implying that it is an insurance product.

Help me out a bit here.

I've "implied" nothing.

ObamaCare aka ACA is a law.

You buy insurance policies from insurance companies.

The insurance policy is a product.

The next part of what I wrote:

They also don't know that all health insurance has always depended on the premiums of those who do not use the product to pay for those who do use the product.

is simply a fact of how insurance works and how it makes a profit, and not related to the fact that ObamaCare is not a product.

Fair enough. So it is a law which dictates the price, methods, and means of delivery of a product.

Kind of like the pre-cellular dial up telephone system, or the postal service.

Loud and clear message there.

The best number I could find was 4.2 million lost their insurance nation wide as of november2013. That can only have gone up as formerly grandfathered policies have to make changes that lose their status. I also suspect under-reporting in many states as CA alone had one million cofirmed, so one would expect the national number to be about 9x higher.

Peruse the thread.

It's full of links to factual stories, etc.

Shouldn't matter who started it.

Is this where I mock out your OP now? ;)

Look at his history, look who pays him, look at his twitter feed and Facebook ...

IOW, inform yourself by examining the source.

OTOH, if you don't know the difference between the law and a health insurance policy, you'll believe damn near anything.

Who's history, twitter FB, etc???

You didn't read the thread.

Almost 1400 posts spanning over seven months.

Peruse and click on some links. You will learn a few things if you're willing.
I promise. :eusa_angel:

Oh for Pete's sake.

YOU linked to a thread where the OP linked to an ultra-right wing pack of lies op/ed. If that's what you meant to do, I read it and we're done.

If you had bothered to look at the source, you would know why its garbage.

But, no, I don't read threads with 1400 posts that mostly say 'your old lady wears combat boots'. In fact, I seldom read past the 3rd page of any thread - for that reason.

Enough. You're ignorant and you like it that way. That's okay but I'm not interested in taking part in one of those endless 'your old lady wears combat boots' that some of you thrive on.

I am confused by your post. I think you are implying that Obamacare is not a product, but then in the next sentence you are implying that it is an insurance product.

Help me out a bit here.

I've "implied" nothing.

They also don't know that all health insurance has always depended on the premiums of those who do not use the product to pay for those who do use the product.

is simply a fact of how insurance works and how it makes a profit, and not related to the fact that ObamaCare is not a product.

Fair enough. So it is a law which dictates the price, methods, and means of delivery of a product.

Well, I can certainly see why you're paying too much for your health care insurance.

LOL

I've "implied" nothing.

Well, I can certainly see why you're paying too much for your health care insurance.

LOL

You have no idea what I pay for health insurance. I would only be paying too much if I used the Obamacare exchanges to purchase the product.

New Obamacare enrollment numbers released. Will it change minds?

More info and video at the link.

Obviously, this is helping people who need it the most and that's what being a human being is all about. IMO

You don't even read the stuff you post.

There are no new enrollment numbers.

The blog link in the OP regurgitates the same information:

Enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace totals over 8 million people

More than 4.8 million additional Medicaid/CHIP enrollments

Enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace surged to eight million at the end of the first enrollment period, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced today. The final enrollment reporting period spans from October 1, 2013, to March 31, 2014, and includes “in line” and other enrollment activity (such as people enrolling due to a change in life circumstance) reported through Saturday, April 19, 2014.

1) OOps ....Sebelius is not HHS any more.

2) Five million of the eight million enrollees are Medicaid. :lol:
From the link:

“More than eight million Americans signed up through the Marketplace, exceeding expectations and demonstrating brisk demand for quality, affordable coverage,” said HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. “In addition, over 4.8 million more people have been covered by states through Medicaid and CHIP programs, around 3 million more Americans under 26 are covered under their parents’ plans, and recent estimates show that an additional 5 million people have purchased coverage outside of the Marketplace in Affordable Care Act-compliant plans.

That sounds like 20.8 million.

On topic ...

Why is it people still believe ObamaCare is a product? Read the posts. The usual posters still don't get it. They also don't know that all health insurance has always depended on the premiums of those who do not use the product to pay for those who do use the product.

Help me out a bit here.

Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) in short, establish regulations on health insurance companies, mandates insurance coverage, expands Medicaid, provides quality incentives to hospitals, levies some additional taxes.

Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) is not a product. It does not provide for government delivery of any healthcare services. Other than expanding Medicaid, it doesn't provide any additional government health insurance. As in the past, both insurance and healthcare is provide by the private sector or non-profits.

rm333l.jpg

Look at his history, look who pays him, look at his twitter feed and Facebook ...

IOW, inform yourself by examining the source.

OTOH, if you don't know the difference between the law and a health insurance policy, you'll believe damn near anything.

Oh for Pete's sake.

YOU linked to a thread where the OP linked to an ultra-right wing pack of lies op/ed. If that's what you meant to do, I read it and we're done.

But, no, I don't read threads with 1400 posts that mostly say 'your old lady wears combat boots'. In fact, I seldom read past the 3rd page of any thread - for that reason.

Enough. You're ignorant and you like it that way. That's okay but I'm not interested in taking part in one of those endless 'your old lady wears combat boots' that some of you thrive on.

For Pete! :lol:

YOU didn't read through the thread, nor did you search USMB for posted links.

That thread was a repository of articles and information.

I feel bad you couldn't grasp that fact.

:smiliehug:

New Obamacare enrollment numbers released. Will it change minds?

More info and video at the link.

Obviously, this is helping people who need it the most and that's what being a human being is all about. IMO

You don't even read the stuff you post.

There are no new enrollment numbers.

The blog link in the OP regurgitates the same information:

More than 4.8 million additional Medicaid/CHIP enrollments

Enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace surged to eight million at the end of the first enrollment period, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced today. The final enrollment reporting period spans from October 1, 2013, to March 31, 2014, and includes “in line” and other enrollment activity (such as people enrolling due to a change in life circumstance) reported through Saturday, April 19, 2014.

1) OOps ....Sebelius is not HHS any more.

2) Five million of the eight million enrollees are Medicaid. :lol:
From the link:

“More than eight million Americans signed up through the Marketplace, exceeding expectations and demonstrating brisk demand for quality, affordable coverage,” said HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. “In addition, over 4.8 million more people have been covered by states through Medicaid and CHIP programs, around 3 million more Americans under 26 are covered under their parents’ plans, and recent estimates show that an additional 5 million people have purchased coverage outside of the Marketplace in Affordable Care Act-compliant plans.

That sounds like 20.8 million.

Thanks for your analysis Flopper.

Title of thread is:
New enrollment numbers
Which is false.

The title of the article cited is:
May 1, 2014

The Health Insurance Marketplace does not sell employer group policies, nor does it sign one up for Medicaid.

Here's another biggy...the 'article' also doesn't state the millions transferred from Medicaid to Managed Medicaid whom are considered new enrollees by the former HHS Secretary.
It also doesn't account for the millions of cancelled plans, which if remembered correctly, were at one time non-ACA compliant but are now 'acceptable'.

But don't take my word for it, read the report yourself!

http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/2014/MarketPlaceEnrollment/Apr2014/ib_2014Apr_enrollment.pdf

Those of us who work in the healthcare industry know what the dealio is, sad to say. I really had great hopes for the ACA.

Oh for Pete's sake.

For Pete! :lol:

YOU didn't read through the thread, nor did you search USMB for posted links.

That thread was a repository of articles and information.

I feel bad you couldn't grasp that fact.

:smiliehug:

Do you even realize how idiotic you're being?

I read the article you linked to. I then researched that source and found was written by a very right wing tee potty type who doesn't let facts get in the way of lies.

If you wanted me to read an entire thread plus search USMess archives (for what?), you should have said so.

I would have ignored that silly demand but at least you would not be expecting me to read your mind.

Forum List

Back