New enrollment numbers

Hey clueless moron:

They are signing up because ITS THE LAW!

Not because they love it, idiot!

Nobody is required to sign up for Obamacare. They are only required to have insurance. Obamacare policies are an attractive option

Not true.

Obamacare policies are not an attractive option for many people, at least the ones who aren't subsidized.

And...

People can skip buying health insurance and just pay the fine.

Seriously, why would a 27 yo earning $40K pay >$9k (lowest cost plan) a year for catastrophic insurance when he can pay the fine of $369 and invest/save >$8k per year?

Which kind of supports the success of 8 million people signing up doesn't it?

Can't you people just admit you were wrong about ObamaCare? You thought it would be some massive train wreck. It isn't even close.

I mean yes, Obama wasn't being entirely honest when he said if you want your plan you can keep it, but that figure is only 1 million people. It is unfortunate, but the overall success of this law is undeniable.

Billy000~ If nothing, you are persistent! :)

Your current post doesn't address the OP.

Over six million people had their plans cancelled.

IF these people all signed up for Obamacare, their premiums and deductible went through the roof, unless they were eligible for subsidies...most weren't.
To those six million, it is a train wreck.

A California family of four making >$95k a year will be bankrupt in two years.

I'll save the employment losses in California due to Obamacare for another time.

6 million people had their plans cancelled because of ObamaCare? I want proof of that claim.

Start here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...macare-implosion-is-worse-than-you-think.html

You could also use the search function of USMB to find information.

Off topic.....

MeBelle has the sexiest instep I have ever seen.

Back to our regular debate forum...

If that is really her instep, does that mean you're really a pig laying in a lawn chair?

DUH.

==============================

On topic ...

Why is it people still believe ObamaCare is a product? Read the posts. The usual posters still don't get it. They also don't know that all health insurance has always depended on the premiums of those who do not use the product to pay for those who do use the product.

Nobody is required to sign up for Obamacare. They are only required to have insurance. Obamacare policies are an attractive option

Not true.

Obamacare policies are not an attractive option for many people, at least the ones who aren't subsidized.

And...

Seriously, why would a 27 yo earning $40K pay >$9k (lowest cost plan) a year for catastrophic insurance when he can pay the fine of $369 and invest/save >$8k per year?

Not when there are zero real numbers. And of the numbers being peddled almost five million have signed up for Medicaid.

IF these people all signed up for Obamacare, their premiums and deductible went through the roof, unless they were eligible for subsidies...most weren't.

I'll save the employment losses in California due to Obamacare for another time.

6 million people had their plans cancelled because of ObamaCare? I want proof of that claim.

Start here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...macare-implosion-is-worse-than-you-think.html

Rightwing hysteria that never came to be

Give us the real number and stop lying

Not true.

And...

Not when there are zero real numbers. And of the numbers being peddled almost five million have signed up for Medicaid.

And?

Start here:

Did you see who wrote that ill-informed op-ed?

As usual, some rw's are reading opinions and mistaking them for facts.

Off topic.....

If that is really her instep, does that mean you're really a pig laying in a lawn chair?

DUH.

On topic ...

Why is it people still believe ObamaCare is a product? Read the posts. The usual posters still don't get it. They also don't know that all health insurance has always depended on the premiums of those who do not use the product to pay for those who do use the product.

Stop derailing your own thread.

Obama calls it Obamacare.
We all know what Obamacare refers to.

Heck, even the link in your OP has Obamacare in the title. :D

Off topic.....

DUH.

On topic ...

So, you really don't know that ObamaCare is not a product?

REALLY?????????????

Start here:

Peruse the thread.

It's full of links to factual stories, etc.

Shouldn't matter who started it.

Is this where I mock out your OP now? ;)

DUH.

On topic ...

So, you really don't know that ObamaCare is not a product?

REALLY?????????????

:lmao:

Stop it!! :smiliehug:

Start here:

Peruse the thread.

Look at his history, look who pays him, look at his twitter feed and Facebook ...

IOW, inform yourself by examining the source.

OTOH, if you don't know the difference between the law and a health insurance policy, you'll believe damn near anything.

Start here:

Rightwing hysteria that never came to be

Give us the real number and stop lying

You didn't read the thread either.

I'm not doing Billy's research for him.

I'm not Obama nor the HHS Secretary, so I can't give your 'real' numbers, silly. :eusa_angel:

On topic ...

I am confused by your post. I think you are implying that Obamacare is not a product, but then in the next sentence you are implying that it is an insurance product.

Help me out a bit here.

Peruse the thread.

Look at his history, look who pays him, look at his twitter feed and Facebook ...

IOW, inform yourself by examining the source.

OTOH, if you don't know the difference between the law and a health insurance policy, you'll believe damn near anything.

Whose history, twitter FB, etc???

You didn't read the thread.

Almost 1400 posts spanning over seven months.

Peruse and click on some links. You will learn a few things if you're willing.
I promise. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
On topic ...

I am confused by your post. I think you are implying that Obamacare is not a product, but then in the next sentence you are implying that it is an insurance product.

Help me out a bit here.

I've "implied" nothing.

ObamaCare aka ACA is a law.

You buy insurance policies from insurance companies.

The insurance policy is a product.

ObamaCare aka ACA is a law.

The next part of what I wrote:

They also don't know that all health insurance has always depended on the premiums of those who do not use the product to pay for those who do use the product.

is simply a fact of how insurance works and how it makes a profit, and not related to the fact that ObamaCare is not a product.

Start here:

:lol: yeah that article said nothing of the sort and is dated last October.

This article cites the large independent study that came out last month. It is actually less than 1 million people who lost their insurance.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79855583/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back