New Duke research shows no fracking contamination in PA

Some folks could light their faucets on fire "before" fracking? Really? How many?

EARTHWORKS | Hydraulic Fracturing Myths and Facts

I'm sure some of you will go after my source as being somehow biased.

So, here's your pro side of the issue.

The Process

Personally, I would rely on the information provided by those who are NOT directly involved in fracking-for-profit to give a more truthful synopsis regarding.

Some folks could light their faucets on fire "before" fracking? Really? How many?

The Process

Personally, I would rely on the information provided by those who are NOT directly involved in fracking-for-profit to give a more truthful synopsis regarding.

Your first link says NOTHING about the condition of the water BEFORE FRACKING. And I've already told that pouring a barrel of diesel fuel into a huge shale hydrocarbon deposit is EXACTLY pissing into a sewer.

It adds NOTHING to what has been discussed.

I've posted the evidence for MANY people lighting their water on fire before fracking. IN MANY cases at different locations.. You're not following along here.

The truth about fracking—Phelim McAleer - NYPOST.com

Thanks to the Oscarnominated documentary “Gasland,” many people believe fracking — a process of getting natural gas out of rock — pollutes water and creates wastelands wherever it is used.

But like so many documentaries nowadays, Gasland is high on anecdote and emotion but low on science and fact.

One of the most dramatic images in “Gasland” is footage of a resident lighting his tap water with flames shooting out of the faucet.

As a journalist, I wanted to learn more, so I went to a Q&A with Gasland director Josh Fox. As I questioned him, Fox eventually admitted that he knew people could light their tap water in these areas decades before fracking came on the scene.

Those so-called "non-biased sources" you're relying on COMMITED FRAUD.

You get that part? Check your premises about what constitutes real investigation...

It will be verified that drilling for nat gas with fracking is relatively safe..

And you never answered my questions about how you feel about Geothermal --- did ya??
It's SUPPOSED to be a conversation. Not a link-fest..

Last edited:

The Process

Your first link says NOTHING about the condition of the water BEFORE FRACKING. And I've already told that pouring a barrel of diesel fuel into a huge shale hydrocarbon deposit is EXACTLY pissing into a sewer.

It adds NOTHING to what has been discussed.

I've posted the evidence for MANY people lighting their water on fire before fracking. IN MANY cases at different locations.. You're not following along here.

The truth about fracking—Phelim McAleer - NYPOST.com

Thanks to the Oscarnominated documentary “Gasland,” many people believe fracking — a process of getting natural gas out of rock — pollutes water and creates wastelands wherever it is used.

But like so many documentaries nowadays, Gasland is high on anecdote and emotion but low on science and fact.

One of the most dramatic images in “Gasland” is footage of a resident lighting his tap water with flames shooting out of the faucet.

As a journalist, I wanted to learn more, so I went to a Q&A with Gasland director Josh Fox. As I questioned him, Fox eventually admitted that he knew people could light their tap water in these areas decades before fracking came on the scene.

Those so-called "non-biased sources" you're relying on COMMITED FRAUD.

You get that part? Check your premises about what constitutes real investigation...

It will be verified that drilling for nat gas with fracking is relatively safe..

And you never answered my questions about how you feel about Geothermal --- did ya??
It's SUPPOSED to be a conversation. Not a link-fest..

Oooo you told me eh!?!:badgrin: What financial interest do you have in oil and gas or fracking? Please tell!

Fraud? Where? who? Can you be anymore vague?

Here's a different view of the same Duke study; Pennsylvania Fracking Can Put Water at Risk, Duke Study Finds - Businessweek

Now, get off your soapbox and quit acting like your some expert:cool:

They (PRoPUblica) committed fraud in their award winning Public Television hit piece that started this whole fracking mess.

They showed the guy lighting his faucet on fire and implied that it was because of fracking activity near his home.. Only prob was --- many of his neighbors gave accounts of doing this WAY before the fracking started. I gave you the quote above where the FRAUDULENT Producer ADMITS to that knowledge that these folks had Nat gas in their water FOR DECADES...

That one documentary was the MOST QUOTED authority on the topic for MONTHS when this started.

MY GOD MAN --- you're slow to catch on to how UNRELIABLE and biased all this "public" information really is.. You think just because your source isn't related to science or Oil/Gas that's it's Gospel Truth.

This new Duke report is one of MANY that will tell you EXACTLY what I've told you.. That any problems with the water table in these areas PRECEDED the start of drilling..

Last edited:
They (PRoPUblica) committed fraud in their award winning Public Television hit piece that started this whole fracking mess.

They showed the guy lighting his faucet on fire and implied that it was because of fracking activity near his home.. Only prob was --- many of his neighbors gave accounts of doing this WAY before the fracking started. I gave you the quote above where the FRAUDULENT Producer ADMITS to that knowledge that these folks had Nat gas in their water FOR DECADES...

That one documentary was the MOST QUOTED authority on the topic for MONTHS when this started.

MY GOD MAN --- you're slow to catch on to how UNRELIABLE and biased all this "public" information really is.. You think just because your source isn't related to science or Oil/Gas that's it's Gospel Truth.

This new Duke report is one of MANY that will tell you EXACTLY what I've told you.. That any problems with the water table in these areas PRECEDED the start of drilling..

Many of the neighbors? Really? Who were these neighbors? Where did they make this claim?

Are you trying to claim that "I" and folks like me are thee only ones with "biased" info.:eusa_whistle: Do you honestly believe that the "for-profit" oil/gas industry is going to release unbiased info? Do you watch tv at all? Have you noticed like I have the ever growing PR campaign oil and gas FOR PROFIT CORPORATIONS are now filling the airways with on how "clean" their energy is? Whether you choose to see it or not matters not as it is happening. Add to that, they get to write this lame ass pro pr blitz off their taxes that they don't pay anyway. $8+ billion in subsidies, etc.

Wake up!

Many of the neighbors? Really? Who were these neighbors? Where did they make this claim?

Are you trying to claim that "I" and folks like me are thee only ones with "biased" info.:eusa_whistle: Do you honestly believe that the "for-profit" oil/gas industry is going to release unbiased info? Do you watch tv at all? Have you noticed like I have the ever growing PR campaign oil and gas FOR PROFIT CORPORATIONS are now filling the airways with on how "clean" their energy is? Whether you choose to see it or not matters not as it is happening. Add to that, they get to write this lame ass pro pr blitz off their taxes that they don't pay anyway. $8+ billion in subsidies, etc.

Wake up!

Read my footer.. Public Television committed fraud with that biased reporting.. Not worth it to me to educate you.. It's a fact. I'm not lying.. But YOU think I am.. Read the footer again... Go check it out yourself if you really care.. I'm not here to win converts.

Fecaltoons, what kind of graph was that, which you loaded, without labeled plots?

Fekie, what was that shitty Roberts Lav study, which you claimed was what, the NOAA, which funded the study?

Some of the shit that happens with fracking includes hazardous chemicals, like methanol, benzene, and toluene are pumped into the well. The sleeves, which line the well have to go way down, and these tend to crack, which is an additional source of natural gas leakage, into water tables.

Claims that methane occurs in water tables, naturally are ridiculous. Methane does issue, from warming bodies of water, but in places like Pennsylvania, if your damn tap water catches on FIRE, some bitches were FRACKING, eh?

Methane is the largest component, of natural gas. It gets into water, with any other chemicals and substances involved, with its recovery because assholes who frack cannot control whether the natural gas is forced into water tables OR whether their well sleeves crack and leak, given deep wells and lots of pressures, which either break something, which shouldn't be broken, or which force the gas and related poisons, into places they should never be, EVER.

So kindly eat shit and die, for claiming the lousy fracking doesn't pollute, just because nobody found the fucking salt water. The gas and poisons get into water tables, Fecaltoons and other ASSHOLES.

Wake up!

Read my footer.. Public Television committed fraud with that biased reporting.. Not worth it to me to educate you.. It's a fact. I'm not lying.. But YOU think I am.. Read the footer again... Go check it out yourself if you really care.. I'm not here to win converts.

Do you REALLY want to write about biased reporting and not include fixed/fox news? Too funny!!

Forum List

Back