New discoveries of LSD

Albert Hofmann, who discovered LSD did many doses, and lived to be one hundred and two years old. Now they've make new discoveries of the the drug.

The brain on LSD revealed: first scans show how the drug affects the brain

I saw this yesterday and is very interesting..
Perhaps LSD opens up that part of the brain that we have no idea about. What is it, humans still only use 40% of their brain.

Now LSD is not as pure as it was in the 1960's , 70's.... it is full of fillers of who knows what dangerous...

When I played football in high school, practically the entire team would drop acid before the Friday night games. The cheerleaders too. Then we would have a huge party after the game.

One time I took over 100 hits.
you're either lying your ass off or it was shit acid ....
It's no bullshit. Have you ever done acid?

Do you know how quickly you gain a tolerance?
yes I have and you never gain tolerance it not that kind of drug .
it is so fast acting that there is no trace in the body after just a few minutes .
the effects last for many hours or even days .
more proof you acid was shit or not acid.
you can build a tolerance daws,i got this from a site that only talks about hallucinogenics....and the topic of taking someone taking 100 hundred hits came up....its considered to be an LSD urban legend by most there....there were guys who said they did 30 hits and found in the long run it was really no better than the 1 they took weeks ago....some of the people on the site said they think its possible, but the ones who said they do up to 10 hits at a time felt that there is a point of diminishing returns,same with mushrooms,to much is just wasteful..... so mohound just may have attempted it,who knows?........

Albert Hofmann, who discovered LSD did many doses, and lived to be one hundred and two years old. Now they've make new discoveries of the the drug.

Perhaps LSD opens up that part of the brain that we have no idea about. What is it, humans still only use 40% of their brain.

Now LSD is not as pure as it was in the 1960's , 70's.... it is full of fillers of who knows what dangerous...

When I played football in high school, practically the entire team would drop acid before the Friday night games. The cheerleaders too. Then we would have a huge party after the game.

it is so fast acting that there is no trace in the body after just a few minutes .
You have no clue.

You have no clue.
False! I do.

you can build a tolerance daws,i got this from a site that only talks about hallucinogenics....and the topic of taking someone taking 100 hundred hits came up....its considered to be an LSD urban legend by most there....there were guys who said they did 30 hits and found in the long run it was really no better than the 1 they took weeks ago....some of the people on the site said they think its possible, but the ones who said they do up to 10 hits at a time felt that there is a point of diminishing returns,same with mushrooms,to much is just wasteful..... so mohound just may have attempted it,who knows?........
You take one hit. You trip out for about 6-12 hours. Take one hit the next day and it isn't going to do jack shit. You'll have to take more to get trippin'. So you have to drop 2 or 3 to get the same effect. And the next day you'll have to take 6 or 7 to get the same effect etc. etc. So you can see that if you do it several days in a row, you can end up taking over 100 hits just to get the same effect as one hit.

But if you wait a week or two, just one hit will send you trippin'

A tolerance build up happens ,even with the good paper LSD, orange barrels and micro dot are worse.

You take one hit. You trip out for about 6-12 hours. Take one hit the next day and it isn't going to do jack shit. You'll have to take more to get trippin'. So you have to drop 2 or 3 to get the same effect. And the next day you'll have to take 6 or 7 to get the same effect etc. etc. So you can see that if you do it several days in a row, you can end up taking over 100 hits just to get the same effect as one hit.

oh your talking a period of time....i was under the impression you did it all at once...the guys in the site i was looking at called i think Hallucinogenics.com or something is a bunch of people who are avid acid droppers....some of these guys claim they have dropped up to 30 at once....why i will never know,the handful of times i have done it was enough for me....but i will say it was a pleasant time each time i did it.....once with a few people down on a beach in Oregon.....that was a nice time.....very mellow and rather colorful.....

oh your talking a period of time....i was under the impression you did it all at once...the guys in the site i was looking at called i think Hallucinogenics.com or something is a bunch of people who are avid acid droppers....some of these guys claim they have dropped up to 30 at once....why i will never know,the handful of times i have done it was enough for me....but i will say it was a pleasant time each time i did it.....once with a few people down on a beach in Oregon.....that was a nice time.....very mellow and rather colorful.....
I did do it all at once.

What I'm saying is that you develop a tolerance to LSD so quickly that if you do it for several days in a row, it takes more and more to trip each time.

The first time I tripped was in 77 my last year in high school, at my brother's apartment .
I was about 3 hours in when my mom showed up fearing that I was drunk.
Then she got the bright idea to to go shopping on the way home.
Grocery stores are not optimal for tripping.

Now I have never used any of the drugs discussed, but there are many drugs that are useful for certain conditions that are bad for those not having those conditions. Definately believe that we should investigate the kinds of affects that these drugs have on the mind. And, if a positive use is found, use that drug.

For me, I prefer my highs from a real accomplishment or the natural beauty that one find in nature.

Muhammed is right, I am a addiction counselor...your brain releases endorphin's just like any drug. The drug enters the body..and to try to fix the problem dopamines are released and the high begins. .You will need more of the drug to get the same desired effect if used often.
I think Daws is saying that there are not physical withdrawals when abused and stopped..It is more of a physiological withdrawal.
I seriously would not be messing with a lot of LSD...it is not harmless..it will fuck with your brain.

The body, though it does not develop an addiction to LSD, can develop a tolerance. Most people who begin to use LSD regularly, beyond experimentation, find that they need larger doses to get the same effect. This is because the body eventually gets used to the effects the acid has. The longer and more often LSD is abused, the higher the dosage required to have the same intensity.
Effects of Acid Use - LSD Addiction

The first time I tripped was in 77 my last year in high school, at my brother's apartment .

:lmao:a grocery store..lol

I graduated in 75.. My girlfriends and I took magic mushrooms and walked the 20 mile Walk-A-Thon.. Laughing our asses off the whole way..lol

Also, don't forget that smoking pot has absolutely no negative effect on your intellect or character.

LOL... the THC can sure make you feel paranoid ..I hate that feeling. Have you heard of the High CBD , Low THC pot. you get the benefit of pot without the high.

No couchlock? Might as well break out the O'douls with that. :eek:

I know what you mean about O'douls... yuck.. But I take it without the THC for the benefit with cancer...They are finding it kills breast cancer cells..but I do have the regular pot for side effects of treatment..

Now I have never used any of the drugs discussed, but there are many drugs that are useful for certain conditions that are bad for those not having those conditions. Definately believe that we should investigate the kinds of affects that these drugs have on the mind. And, if a positive use is found, use that drug.

For me, I prefer my highs from a real accomplishment or the natural beauty that one find in nature.

I graduated in 75.. My girlfriends and I took magic mushrooms and walked the 20 mile Walk-A-Thon.. Laughing our asses off the whole way..lol

Camping and frying were great too

Cedar Point on acid is much funner than any grocery store.

Last edited:

Cedar Point on acid is much funner than any grocery store.

The tragic kingdom is much better.
The submarine ride was incredible.

Oh yes, you can have a tolerance. Rahlm Das told about a guru that took 2,500 mics at one time, having never done it before. And then asked what it was supposed to do. It's in the book BE HERE NOW.

I had another friend that did acid every day for a year, and built up such a tolerance that he'd have to take twenty hits to get off. After a year, he was like someone that got hit in the head by lightening. Tilt.

The trouble with some LSD is it is mixed with stricnine a poison. If you do the good stuff LSD25, it comes on so gradually, you don't hardly notice it until you've been tripping for an hour or so.

My first trip was in the army in Germany. It was called green monster....I saw world war two ghosts coming out of the radiators in the barracks.

Sex on acid is AWESOME!

Last edited:

I did do it all at once.

What I'm saying is that you develop a tolerance to LSD so quickly that if you do it for several days in a row, it takes more and more to trip each time.
well i think you were crazy to do that much.....but thats just me....

I'm consider trying some of the pharmaceutical grade stuff. I'm interested most in the effects of the sense of self and how the ego is essentially shut off while under the drug's influences. A friend and I have a standing debate on the evolutionary purposes of consciousness. And if you can have intelligence without consciousness. We're getting hung up on the exact definition of consciousness. So this seems an interesting way of exploring the concept more empirically.

Plus, you get a nice preview of much of the Buddhist concept of Satori. And can find out if its worth the effort.

Forum List

Back