New Daily Show Host Joked U.S. Worse Than Apartheid South Africa

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
And the left wing continues. Must admit they all must get their news from the same source.

On Monday, Comedy Central announced that South African comedian Trevor Noah would be replacing Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show. To get a feel for Noah's brand of humor, one could simply watch his debut on the fake news show in December of 2014, when he jokingly declared that present-day America had worse race relations than Apartheid South Africa. After introducing Noah as the show's newest contributor at the time, Stewart noted: "And I know that you flew in, I guess, yesterday from South Africa." Noah replied: "Yeah, I just flew in and boy are my arms tired....No, no, seriously, I've been holding my arms like this since I got here." He made the completely discredited "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" gesture with his hands and added: "I never thought I'd be more afraid of police in America than in South Africa. It kind of makes me a little nostalgic for the old days back home." - See more at: New Daily Show Host Joked U.S. Worse Than Apartheid South Africa

And the left wing continues. Must admit they all must get their news from the same source.

On Monday, Comedy Central announced that South African comedian Trevor Noah would be replacing Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show. To get a feel for Noah's brand of humor, one could simply watch his debut on the fake news show in December of 2014, when he jokingly declared that present-day America had worse race relations than Apartheid South Africa. After introducing Noah as the show's newest contributor at the time, Stewart noted: "And I know that you flew in, I guess, yesterday from South Africa." Noah replied: "Yeah, I just flew in and boy are my arms tired....No, no, seriously, I've been holding my arms like this since I got here." He made the completely discredited "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" gesture with his hands and added: "I never thought I'd be more afraid of police in America than in South Africa. It kind of makes me a little nostalgic for the old days back home." - See more at: New Daily Show Host Joked U.S. Worse Than Apartheid South Africa

Then don't watch. It is parody. If that isn't your cup of tea there is probably some method you could use to change the channel.

Then don't watch. It is parody. If that isn't your cup of tea there is probably some method you could use to change the channel.

Oh I don't normally watch and i do realize that the show has become just another left wing indoctrination show, so your need for defense.

US incarcerates more of its citizens than South Africa did. How is the comparison unfair or untrue?

Oh I don't normally watch and i do realize that the show has become just another left wing indoctrination show, so your need for defense.
Hardly when John goes after the left also...

US incarcerates more of its citizens than South Africa did. How is the comparison unfair or untrue?

Why do you think that is? Because we have more people that don't obey the laws? Or that we have more laws? And what does that have to do with what the "comedian" said?

Even though Stewart was staunchly partisan left, he was extremely funny to me.

It says a lot when someone with opposing views subscribes to your show because you're so funny.

Maybe those incarcerated should stop comiting crimes.

Maybe those incarcerated should stop comiting crimes.
Where is the politician's prison?

The Daily Show is a show, it's not NBC Nightly News...

Yeah right you must be an old foggy:

Young Get News From Comedy Central

Young Get News From Comedy Central - CBS News

A poll released earlier this year by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press found that 21 percent of people aged 18 to 29 cited "The Daily Show" and "Saturday Night Live" as a place where they regularly learned presidential campaign news.

Because he feelings are hurt. America #1!!!*

*Even if were not

Don't know the factual ratios.

Do know they both didn't go against people on their political "sides" that often.
And O'Reilly is not funny, entertaining and has a bad make-up artist...

He's not really that funny compared to Stewart, but I think that's the point, and it's not really a bad thing, either. I like watching both O'Reilly and Stewart; in tandem I feel they complement each other. It'd be neat if both made a show together. I'd be watching it every night. :D

Forum List

Back