Senator Cruz is correct in supporting Mike Pence!

johnwk

Gold Member
May 24, 2009
SEE: TED CRUZ: I’m PROUD to stand with Gov. Mike Pence!

”HOUSTON, Texas — U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, issued the following statement today in support of Governor Mike Pence’s effort to defend religious liberty and protect against the government forcing individuals to violate their deeply held beliefs:

“I want to commend Governor Mike Pence for his support of religious freedom, especially in the face of fierce opposition. There was a time, not too long ago, when defending religious liberty enjoyed strong bipartisan support. Alas, today we are facing a concerted assault on the First Amendment, on the right of every American to seek out and worship God according to the dictates of his or her conscience. Governor Pence is holding the line to protect religious liberty in the Hoosier State. Indiana is giving voice to millions of courageous conservatives across this country who are deeply concerned about the ongoing attacks upon our personal liberties. I’m proud to stand with Mike, and I urge Americans to do the same.”

Senator Cruz is spot on regarding this issue! The irrefutable fact is, one of the most fundamental inalienable rights of mankind is to be free to mutually agree in their contracts and associations. And this in fact means our government must protect, not interfere with, the people’s right to discriminate!

Is there an inherent evil when a person discriminates based upon race, color or religious beliefs when choosing who they marry? What is the evil when people discriminate who they associate with or which employer they choose to work for? What is the evil when employer and employee are left free to mutually agree to enter into a contract based upon their own criterion? There is no evil other than people exercising a fundamental right to discriminate in their contracts and associations. And to use the force of government to interfere with this most sacred and fundamental right of mankind, which is the right to discriminate when making choices in life, is to impinge upon the very essence of a society which was established to protect the fundamental rights of mankind.

JWK

A legislative act which "impinges upon a fundamental right explicitly or implicitly secured by the Constitution is presumptively unconstitutional." See: Harris v. McRae United States Supreme Court (1980) Also see City of Mobile v. Bolden, 466 U.S. 55, 76, 100 S.Ct. 1490, 64 L.Ed.2d 47 (1980)

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Well, if you are White, Christian, Male and Straight, apparently, these truths are self-evident.

You see, you are deliberately confusing "religious freedom" with "persecution of others".

Good luck with that.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Well, if you are White, Christian, Male and Straight, apparently, these truths are self-evident.

You see, you are deliberately confusing "religious freedom" with "persecution of others".

Good luck with that.
What else is a religious nut suppose to do, hell look at the Muslims, they are the same as the Christians...

Good luck with that.

I guess I might as well put it up in this thread too.

The Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby based on their interpretation of the RFRA that Clinton signed in 1993.

Consequently, they opened Pandora's box here. RFRA's are now expanding protection to "for profits".

"The decision is an interpretation of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) and does not address whether such corporations are protected by the free-exercise of religion clause of the First Amendment of the Constitution."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burwell_v._Hobby_Lobby_Stores,_Inc.

Standing with him? If Pence backtracks any faster he's going to need a time machine. When this is finished his signing of the bill will be like Bobby never being dead on Dallas. He'll suddenly reappear in the shower saying what bill?

Conservatives need to attack pervos by pointing out most of them are child molesters. The priest scandal proved that.

Good luck with that.
What else is a religious nut suppose to do, hell look at the Muslims, they are the same as the Christians...

I don't know of any Christian who supports Sharia Law in America, as many Muslims, do.

Standing with him? If Pence backtracks any faster he's going to need a time machine. When this is finished his signing of the bill will be like Bobby never being dead on Dallas. He'll suddenly reappear in the shower saying what bill?

I just read a CBS piece that Pence is standing by the legislation despite the firestorm.

His party is working on an amendment to the bill to clarify the intent, but he's not backing off it nor should he.

I just read a CBS piece that Pence is standing by the legislation despite the firestorm.

His party is working on an amendment to the bill to clarify the intent, but he's not backing off it nor should he.
If he was standing by the bill, he wouldn't be demanding it be amended! Pence's signing ceremony exposed the bill as anti gay by the lobbyists he invited, which he refused to ID.

CBSZ0lMUkAAe3Sh.png

He got his ass handed to him and he's in full retreat mode.

Good luck with that.

What has your post have to do with people being free to discriminate? Is there an inherent evil when a person discriminates based upon race, color or religious beliefs when choosing who they marry? What is the evil when people discriminate who they associate with or which employer they choose to work for? What is the evil when employer and employee are left free to mutually agree to enter into a contract based upon their own criterion?

JWK

Mike Pence caves in to intolerant loud mouthed radicals!

See: Indiana governor backs down, calls for fix to religious law

But in the face of a growing firestorm and economic boycotts of his state, he argued state lawmakers should act immediately to quell concerns over the measure.

“After much reflection and in consultation with leadership of the general assembly, I've come to the conclusion that it would be helpful to move legislation this week that makes it clear that this law does not give businesses the right to deny services to anyone,” Pence said at a press conference Tuesday morning."

Well, there you have it. Another politician without a spine who caves in to a vocal and intolerant minority whose ultimate goal is to prohibit the American People to exercise a fundamental inalienable right of mankind which is to be free to mutually agree in their contracts and associations.

So tell us Mr. Pence, what Is the inherent evil when a person discriminates based upon race, color or religious beliefs when choosing who they marry? What is the evil when people discriminate who they associate with or which employer they choose to work for? What is the intolerable evil when employer and employee, and those who contract are left free to mutually agree to enter into a contract based upon their own criterion and beliefs?

I wonder if Senator Cruz will be the next to ignore what the real fight is about and will cave in to our nation’s intolerant, radical and loud mouthed lobby which dreads the thought of people being free to mutually agree in their contracts and associations.

JWK

Forum List

Back