New CDC head Rochelle Walensky and the return of competence

It will be nice to return to competence amongst government officials. I hope this is a lesson to Americans that government cannot be run like a business and that seasoned, career policy officials should occupy positions of power. Not former reality TV show hosts and their yes men/women.

What a disaster the Trump presidency was.

Nothing better than unelected bureaucrats deciding policy.

Its amazing how spineless you lemmings are when sucking up to your supposed betters.

We want civil servants, not a new class of fucking nobles.

After the last four years of incompetence, unqualified yes men/women, and Trump's hand picked lackey's in positions of power they should have never seen the light of day on?..yeah, I'll be more than happy to hand the controls back to the competent professionals. Seriously, if you think the people that Trump put in these positions of power have done a good job, you're delusional. All the competent civil servants have been driven off or silenced. Hopefully, Biden can get most of them to come back.....oh lordy!

Now we get people who are so smug and sure of themselves they think they are fucking autocratic gods and should not be questioned, ever.

And sheep like you will take it in the ass, well, because that's what you do.

My sig gives my position on this clearly. I'd rather trust amateurs that don't want to stay in government than people who want to stay and build power and be unaccountable.

But you would rather let others do your thinking for you.

Give me a break. Amateurs and pretenders are exactly why we are in the position we are in. But that's the Trump legacy. You get what you get when you elect someone who, 1) Has no interest in the job, 2) Has no grasp of policy, 3) Has no grasp of government or how it is supposed to work.

I'd rather put my trust in seasoned professionals. We wouldn't be in this mess if we didn't have the collection of "acting" incompetence that Trump brought to the office.

"They didn't do what IIII WWAAANNNT THEMMM TOO DOOO" so they don't deserve the job. Your opinions of Trump and who he appoints are like those of the press, fucking worthless.

You want a government to lord over you, not the overhead it's supposed to be.

If they would have done SOMETHING, I might be able to say they belonged in the job. But since they didn't and largely kowtowed to Trump, it's his appointees that are worthless. I will be glad to return to competence in government officials. It's not the size of government that concerns me, it's its efficiency in execution. In Trump's case, flat out incompetence from the top on down. Hence the position we find ourselves in.

They did plenty, you only pretend they did "nothing" because it suits your narrative.

With dems you get size, you get engorged bureuacratic egos, you get zero accountability.

For lemmings like you that's fine, for me, no thank you.

It will be nice to return to competence amongst government officials. I hope this is a lesson to Americans that government cannot be run like a business and that seasoned, career policy officials should occupy positions of power. Not former reality TV show hosts and their yes men/women.

Its amazing how spineless you lemmings are when sucking up to your supposed betters.

After the last four years of incompetence, unqualified yes men/women, and Trump's hand picked lackey's in positions of power they should have never seen the light of day on?..yeah, I'll be more than happy to hand the controls back to the competent professionals. Seriously, if you think the people that Trump put in these positions of power have done a good job, you're delusional. All the competent civil servants have been driven off or silenced. Hopefully, Biden can get most of them to come back.....oh lordy!

Now we get people who are so smug and sure of themselves they think they are fucking autocratic gods and should not be questioned, ever.

My sig gives my position on this clearly. I'd rather trust amateurs that don't want to stay in government than people who want to stay and build power and be unaccountable.

I gotta laugh. I wonder just what the lefty loons think a new CDC leader will do any differently then the last one did?? Science is the same no matter who heads the CDC.

Sheep?? You bet your ass they are all sheep. LOL

Well, I give the current CDC head a bit of credit for eventually showing a bit of backbone against Trump and his merry band of incompetents yammering. What do I expect? For the head of the CDC to 1) Make decisions based on science, 2) Not be pressured by outside political forces. Oh yeah, and maybe staff the agency with competent individuals who aren't political appointees. People who will take things seriously and not sit on their hands because of political pressure. How'd those first batch of coronavirus tests that the CDC shipped work out?

You true believers have a short memory.

Oh blow it out your ass. Trump paid close attention to what the CDC and Fauci had to say even if you don't want to believe it.

No...he didn't. Trump all but ostracized Fauci, demonized him, and badmouthed him. Familiar, huh? He largely did the same to the mostly loyal Dr Birx until she got fed up and went out on her own. Either way, he minimized their influence because it was inconvenient for him and interfered with his re-election. Whoops. Guess he should have paid a bit more attention. He might still be President. :auiqs.jpg:

That's not what Fauci had to say. He told everyone Trump paid very close attention to what he, Fauci, had to say. It was all over this board.

Don't worry, jackoff will ignore that because it doesn't fit his attempted narrative.

I gotta laugh. I wonder just what the lefty loons think a new CDC leader will do any differently then the last one did?? Science is the same no matter who heads the CDC.

Well, I give the current CDC head a bit of credit for eventually showing a bit of backbone against Trump and his merry band of incompetents yammering. What do I expect? For the head of the CDC to 1) Make decisions based on science, 2) Not be pressured by outside political forces. Oh yeah, and maybe staff the agency with competent individuals who aren't political appointees. People who will take things seriously and not sit on their hands because of political pressure. How'd those first batch of coronavirus tests that the CDC shipped work out?

Oh blow it out your ass. Trump paid close attention to what the CDC and Fauci had to say even if you don't want to believe it.

No...he didn't. Trump all but ostracized Fauci, demonized him, and badmouthed him. Familiar, huh? He largely did the same to the mostly loyal Dr Birx until she got fed up and went out on her own. Either way, he minimized their influence because it was inconvenient for him and interfered with his re-election. Whoops. Guess he should have paid a bit more attention. He might still be President. :auiqs.jpg:

That's not what Fauci had to say. He told everyone Trump paid very close attention to what he, Fauci, had to say. It was all over this board.

Again, you Trump humpers have short memories. :)

Don't worry, jackoff will ignore that because it doesn't fit his attempted narrative.

See Post #23

See Post #23

he followed the advice he agreed with, disputed what he didn't. So Fauci is president?

The big thing is most of this work is done at the State level, making most federal actions moot in the situations you are bitching about.

So true!

After a parade of sheep and charlatans posing as White House-endorsed public health officials, Joe Biden’s selection of Rochelle Walensky to head up the CDC suggests that conviction and competence are back in vogue in the Beltway.
Seriously, at this point, wouldn’t it take less time and effort to run a list of people in the president’s inner circle who haven’t tested positive for COVID-19? What a shower of fools.​
Rudy tweeted that he was resting comfortably, which is certainly good news. No word yet whether being completely divorced from reality increases the prospect of developing antibodies, but we’ll all keep our fingers crossed.​
Rudy’s diagnosis provides the absurd relief against which some really encouraging news has emerged.​
Joe Biden has selected Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the head of infectious disease at Massachusetts General Hospital, to take over the CDC.​
Walensky, a quality professional and person by many accounts, takes over an agency that has been politicized and whose credibility has been undermined by the Trump administration.​
After seeing not only his colleague Walensky selected but another former colleague at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Dr. Vivek Murthy, tapped to return as surgeon general, Dr. Paul Sax, the clinical director of infectious diseases at the Brigham, seemed to encapsulate the pinch-me-is-this-real reaction of most doctors and scientists, noting that the appointments that Biden has made in public health “have been based on talent, character, and achievements.”​
Imagine that?​
Appointing accomplished, respected professionals like Walensky and Murthy stands in blaring contrast to the quacks that Trump routinely trotted out to prop up his wacky, unscientific approaches to combating the pandemic.​
Five words: Scott Atlas and Stella Immanuel.

MOAR:

Walensky-copy-2-400x400.jpg
I hope she will reverse the order preventing the CDC from tracking hospitalizations. That's a pretty telling metric, and at the moment, that info can only be determined by going to each state for the information. It is exactly the hospitalizations that matter--why we are trying to flatten the curve over and over.

So true!

After a parade of sheep and charlatans posing as White House-endorsed public health officials, Joe Biden’s selection of Rochelle Walensky to head up the CDC suggests that conviction and competence are back in vogue in the Beltway.
Seriously, at this point, wouldn’t it take less time and effort to run a list of people in the president’s inner circle who haven’t tested positive for COVID-19? What a shower of fools.​
Rudy tweeted that he was resting comfortably, which is certainly good news. No word yet whether being completely divorced from reality increases the prospect of developing antibodies, but we’ll all keep our fingers crossed.​
Rudy’s diagnosis provides the absurd relief against which some really encouraging news has emerged.​
Joe Biden has selected Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the head of infectious disease at Massachusetts General Hospital, to take over the CDC.​
Walensky, a quality professional and person by many accounts, takes over an agency that has been politicized and whose credibility has been undermined by the Trump administration.​
After seeing not only his colleague Walensky selected but another former colleague at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Dr. Vivek Murthy, tapped to return as surgeon general, Dr. Paul Sax, the clinical director of infectious diseases at the Brigham, seemed to encapsulate the pinch-me-is-this-real reaction of most doctors and scientists, noting that the appointments that Biden has made in public health “have been based on talent, character, and achievements.”​
Imagine that?​
Appointing accomplished, respected professionals like Walensky and Murthy stands in blaring contrast to the quacks that Trump routinely trotted out to prop up his wacky, unscientific approaches to combating the pandemic.​

MOAR:

I hope she will reverse the order preventing the CDC from tracking hospitalizations. That's a pretty telling metric, and at the moment, that info can only be determined by going to each state for the information. It is exactly the hospitalizations that matter--why we are trying to flatten the curve over and over.

The CDC isn't prevented from tracking, they just have to go through the States for the data, which the States are already collecting. It's to prevent two counts from countering each other due to errors.

There is nothing nefarious about trying to create a single data stream, except in the minds of morons like you.

Give me a break. Amateurs and pretenders are exactly why we are in the position we are in. But that's the Trump legacy. You get what you get when you elect someone who, 1) Has no interest in the job, 2) Has no grasp of policy, 3) Has no grasp of government or how it is supposed to work.

I'd rather put my trust in seasoned professionals. We wouldn't be in this mess if we didn't have the collection of "acting" incompetence that Trump brought to the office.
Tell me, after 50 years in government, what policies has he done. I know one, you say Trump pays no taxes. Well biden help write that tax law.

You are the one that is delusional. This country, while still having issues needing to be worked through, was doing better under Trump than any other President since Reagan.

Prepare for the all-out war against Biden that was waged against Trump.

So true!

Imagine that?​

MOAR:

The CDC isn't prevented from tracking, they just have to go through the States for the data, which the States are already collecting. It's to prevent two counts from countering each other due to errors.

There is nothing nefarious about trying to create a single data stream, except in the minds of morons like you.
What single data stream!? Now there are 50. I'm not the moron. The CDC isn't tracking hospitalizations nationwide because Trump's henchman ordered the states to stop reporting their hospitalizations to the CDC. It's the most telling metric for tracking the virus's activiteness. Trump's minions can argue new cases aren't all that important for this reason or that, argue that death counts are either wrong or normal, but it's hard to argue hospitalizations as an indicator--either good or bad--of whether an area is doing better or worse. Of course, with Trump pushing everyone to open wide up, regardless of how much active Covid is in the area, hospitalization stats would be awkward. That is why he made sure they stopped being reported.

So true!

Imagine that?​

MOAR:

What single data stream!? Now there are 50. I'm not the moron. The CDC isn't tracking hospitalizations nationwide because Trump's henchman ordered the states to stop reporting their hospitalizations to the CDC. It's the most telling metric for tracking the virus's activiteness. Trump's minions can argue new cases aren't all that important for this reason or that, argue that death counts are either wrong or normal, but it's hard to argue hospitalizations as an indicator--either good or bad--of whether an area is doing better or worse. Of course, with Trump pushing everyone to open wide up, regardless of how much active Covid is in the area, hospitalization stats would be awkward. That is why he made sure they stopped being reported.

There were 50 before (more than 50, counting DC, Puerto Rico, and territories). Where does it say the CDC doesn't get data from the States? The stop was on CDC collecting the data from hospitals on their own, because why do it parallel when you can just get the tallies from the States?

Please provide a link proving that the CDC does not track any hospitalization data. I'll wait.

The States probably devolve the data collection to the county health departments, which collate the Data to the State health departments, which can then report the Data to the CDC.

Why have hospitals, thousands of hospitals report to CDC people when the same data is already collected and sorted by State?

Do you actually understand what the CDC directive did or are you just going to actually say the CDC doesn't have hospitalization data?

You are the one that is delusional. This country, while still having issues needing to be worked through, was doing better under Trump than any other President since Reagan.

Good luck with that. I suspect Trump nation will soon be shouted down. I don't think the rest of us are going to take the second rise of the Tea Party as quietly this time around. You guys will get bored and move on to something else.

Good luck with that. I suspect Trump nation will soon be shouted down. I don't think the rest of us are going to take the second rise of the Tea Party as quietly this time around. You guys will get bored and move on to something else.

you pussies won't do shit, you will let your Anti-fa goons do it for you.

So true!

Imagine that?​

MOAR:

There were 50 before (more than 50, counting DC, Puerto Rico, and territories). Where does it say the CDC doesn't get data from the States? The stop was on CDC collecting the data from hospitals on their own, because why do it parallel when you can just get the tallies from the States?

Please provide a link proving that the CDC does not track any hospitalization data. I'll wait.

The States probably devolve the data collection to the county health departments, which collate the Data to the State health departments, which can then report the Data to the CDC.

Why have hospitals, thousands of hospitals report to CDC people when the same data is already collected and sorted by State?

Do you actually understand what the CDC directive did or are you just going to actually say the CDC doesn't have hospitalization data?
I couldn't find it on the CDC website.

So true!

Imagine that?​

MOAR:

GIYF.

here is CDC doing specific tracking at certain areas in States, despite your claim they are banned from doing so.

COVID-19 Hospitalizations

Here is their hospitalization estimate page:

HHS Protect Public Data Hub

How do they know this if like you said they are prevented from collecting State data?

So true!

Imagine that?​

MOAR:

Just because someone tests positive for corona virus doesn't mean they are "stupid". Although, how do you know this broad didn't test positive? Or Sleepy Joe and the Hoe for that matter?

HIPAA grants people medical privacy, you know. They don't have to reveal their COVID positive status if they don't want to.

So true!

Imagine that?​

MOAR:

GIYF.

here is CDC doing specific tracking at certain areas in States, despite your claim they are banned from doing so.

How do they know this if like you said they are prevented from collecting State data?
Thank you! It's based on 10% of areas in the country, but it's better than nothing. It used to include them all.

The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance Network (COVID-NET) conducts population-based surveillance for laboratory-confirmed COVID-19-associated hospitalizations in children (persons younger than 18 years) and adults. The current network covers nearly 100 counties in the 10 Emerging Infections Program (EIP) states (CA, CO, CT, GA, MD, MN, NM, NY, OR, and TN) and four additional states through the Influenza Hospitalization Surveillance Project (IA, MI, OH, and UT). The network represents approximately 10% of US population (~32 million people).

Just because someone tests positive for corona virus doesn't mean they are "stupid". Although, how do you know this broad didn't test positive? Or Sleepy Joe and the Hoe for that matter?

HIPAA grants people medical privacy, you know. They don't have to reveal their COVID positive status if they don't want to.

True .. but stupid people who wander around maskless and don't social distance per CDC guidelines are far more vulnerable.

And one CANNOT hide the fact that they have the COVIDS.

BTW - Tell your White House to wise the fuck up please. Pompeo is readying for a Christmas Party Super DUPER Spreader with over 900 invitations.

They've not learned one GDamned fucking thing.

Last edited:
So true!

Imagine that?​

MOAR:

GIYF.

Thank you! It's based on 10% of areas in the country, but it's better than nothing. It used to include them all.

The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance Network (COVID-NET) conducts population-based surveillance for laboratory-confirmed COVID-19-associated hospitalizations in children (persons younger than 18 years) and adults. The current network covers nearly 100 counties in the 10 Emerging Infections Program (EIP) states (CA, CO, CT, GA, MD, MN, NM, NY, OR, and TN) and four additional states through the Influenza Hospitalization Surveillance Project (IA, MI, OH, and UT). The network represents approximately 10% of US population (~32 million people).

The CDC still has the data on all of them, it just gets the data from the States who are collecting it anyway.

I still don't know why they need to collect data on their own if they can just get it from the States who are collecting it anyway.

It's a waste of resources.

The CDC is designed to get data from State and territory departments of health, not to have to send people out to do it themselves unless a special study is called for. This isn't the time for a special study.

True .. but stupid people who wander around maskless and don't social distance per CDC guidelines are far more vulnerable.

And one CANNOT hide the fact that they have the COVIDS.

BTW - Tell your White House to wise the fuck up please. Pompeo is readying for a Christmas Party Super DUPER Spreader with over 900 invitations.

They've not learned one GDamned fucking thing.

Sure, people can hide the fact that they have the COVIDS.

Why not? Who would be the wiser if Sleepy Joe had them right now in the Wilmington Biden-Bunker?

BTW, if you are scared of contracting Corona at the Pompeo Christmas Party, don't attend.

Forum List

Back