New Bill In Congress Would Ban Private Citizens From Owning Body Armor

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Text - H.R.5344 - 113th Congress (2013-2014): Responsible Body Armor Possession Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

[Congressional Bills 113th Congress]
[From the U.S. Government Printing Office]
[H.R. 5344 Introduced in House (IH)]

113th CONGRESS
2d Session
H. R. 5344

To prohibit the purchase, ownership, or possession of enhanced body
armor by civilians, with exceptions.

Instead, it makes perfect sense to Honda to ban body armor because “access to military-grade body armor emboldens criminals and mass shooters to act.” And Honda wants to make possession of body armor a criminal offense with a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.

Yeah, because OUTLAWS are going to live within the law!

Also, it's rare for someone to continue fighting after being shot, even with body armor on. The trauma alone can still cause fatal internal bleeding.

Last edited:
What's more disturbing? The fact that a congressman has brought a bill limiting civilian possession of military body armor.....or the fact that American civilians posess military body armor?

What's more disturbing? The fact that a congressman has brought a bill limiting civilian possession of military body armor.....or the fact that American civilians posess military body armor?

Hundreds of thousands of civilians have body armor, what's the problem? There could be a riot or natural disaster where body armor would be very useful. Lots of thugs out there when disasters strike.

Confused again?

Is your game government tyranny or self defense from "thugs"?

I think it is possible that you are so frightened that you sleep in full body armor.

Also, quick question for you.

Should my homemade 48" x 20" ballistic shield be banned too? It's a piece of 1/8th plywood with a 1/4 inch layer of rubber on each side and a 1/16th inch hardened steel plate between. The shield is then slightly bent concave to encase my body somewhat.

And trust me, it's FUCKING HEAVY.

Also, quick question for you.

Should my homemade 48" x 20" ballistic shield be banned too? It's a piece of 1/8th plywood with a 1/2 inch layer of rubber on each side and a 1/16th inch hardened steel plate between. The shield is then slightly bent concave to encase my body somewhat.

Wow! That's really, really cool! Aren't you stoked that you were able to wedge that into a conversation so it wouldn't make you look like a complete tool for bringing it up?

Confused again?

Is your game government tyranny or self defense from "thugs"?

I think it is possible that you are so frightened that you sleep in full body armor.

Why do you care? Why should the government care either? What is the Government afraid of?

So...it's government tyranny that motivates your desire to be well armed and have body armor! It isn't fear of a thug stealing your panty hose? Good.

So...it's government tyranny that motivates your desire to be well armed and have body armor! It isn't fear of a thug stealing your panty hose? Good.

Stay on topic.

Why does the Government give a shit? A lone individual is incapable of doing anything after being shot even with his body armor on and the Government KNOWS that...so....apparently this law is NOT designed for criminals...it's designed for THE PEOPLE.

So, should my $30 shield be banned?

@LoneLaugher

Are you dense? I am mocking you and your shield. I think you brought it up because in your demented little world, you think it is cool. I think the primary motivation behind gun laws in this nation is weird nutcases like you. You are not of sound mind and you are simply not capable of making important decisions.....such as.... when it is OK to shoot someone.

The primary reason for stupid gun laws is a mental illness that manifests as a fear of firearms...

Keep in mind, in the real world, firearms are used 250-375,000 times a year to stop violent crime and save lives...and I bet a woman being stalked by an ex-husband or boyfriend who knows a restraining order is worthless, would like a vest to help keep her safe...until she can get her own gun after going thru all the red tape....hoping he doesn't attack her before she gets it...

Of course, the anti-gunners, and now anti-vest people would prefer the victim stay a victim since the important thing isn't saving that life...it is banning anything that helps keep the victim safe...

Text - H.R.5344 - 113th Congress (2013-2014): Responsible Body Armor Possession Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

[Congressional Bills 113th Congress]
[From the U.S. Government Printing Office]
[H.R. 5344 Introduced in House (IH)]

113th CONGRESS
2d Session
H. R. 5344

To prohibit the purchase, ownership, or possession of enhanced body
armor by civilians, with exceptions.

Instead, it makes perfect sense to Honda to ban body armor because “access to military-grade body armor emboldens criminals and mass shooters to act.” And Honda wants to make possession of body armor a criminal offense with a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.

Yeah, because OUTLAWS are going to live within the law!

Also, it's rare for someone to continue fighting after being shot, even with body armor on. The trauma alone can still cause fatal internal bleeding.
. If it doesn't save you then why do you care?

Are you dense? I am mocking you and your shield. I think you brought it up because in your demented little world, you think it is cool. I think the primary motivation behind gun laws in this nation is weird nutcases like you. You are not of sound mind and you are simply not capable of making important decisions

Making that shield was an important decision. I have four narrow hallways in my house. If I have to dispatch an intruder, that shield is guaranteed to block all .22 rounds and shotgun shells/slugs.

In no way is that $30 shield going to block any SWAT/military grade calibers, not like you would want to be hampered by a 45 pound shield against high power rifles anyway even if it could block the rounds.

So, again, should my $30 shield be banned?

Why do you LOLiberals believe you know what's best for everyone?

What is most disturbing is this trend where people think other people have to prove a need before they are allowed to exercise their rights.

Let the rubes buy all the body armor they like. It is profitable for those who sell it. That is the American way.

Body armor was all the rage at the last gun show I went to a couple months ago. That shit isn't cheap, either.

It is amazing that one paranoid maniac with a microphone (Alex Jones) is able to establish a following of millions of credulous morons.

Let them waste their money.

Also, it's rare for someone to continue fighting after being shot, even with body armor on.

Bullshit. It is not rare. The kind of body armor they make these days enables you to keep fighting after being shot.

Forum List

Back