New Age Movement/Medicine -Satanic false religion

N

NewGuy

Just curious if anyone would like to discuss this topic.

Summary:

The claim is that reliance on allegedly "natural" and "spiritual" methods of healing offer medical care superior to that of modern orthodox medicine. Recourse is often made to various concepts about so-called invisible "life energies" as the reason it "works."

It has been discredited, despite numerous claims to the contrary.

It is Satanic/occultic in nature involving altered states of consciousness, psychic healing, channeling, divination, shamanism, and more.

This kind of takes us into another nice big realm of controversy I was looking to debate on.

Any takers?

NewGuy said:

Summary:

The claim is that reliance on allegedly "natural" and "spiritual" methods of healing offer medical care superior to that of modern orthodox medicine. Recourse is often made to various concepts about so-called invisible "life energies" as the reason it "works."

It has been discredited, despite numerous claims to the contrary.

It is Satanic/occultic in nature involving altered states of consciousness, psychic healing, channeling, divination, shamanism, and more.

This kind of takes us into another nice big realm of controversy I was looking to debate on.

Any takers?

you talking about stuff like feng shui?

freeandfun1 said:
you talking about stuff like feng shui?

Well, I was talking about more of the stuff involving "healing" by way of channeling, or alligning "life energies".

-That sort of thing. Basically the stuff dealing with what would be percieved as "New Age Medicine".

Feng Shui if I remember correctly has more to do with external forces rather than internal.

Yeah, Feng Shui is a decorating technique that supposedly channels external energy into its correct places. It's kinda cute, and many of the tipes they give are practical in nature and are good ideas, no matter if you beleive the energy thing or not. New age involves denying yourself a doctor, and that's dangerous.

NewGuy said:
Well, I was talking about more of the stuff involving "healing" by way of channeling, or alligning "life energies".

-That sort of thing. Basically the stuff dealing with what would be percieved as "New Age Medicine".

Feng Shui if I remember correctly has more to do with external forces rather than internal.

Actually, there's nothing "New Age" about it. It goes back centuries to Ayurvedic tradition, ancient Chinese medicine, accupucture and accupressure, the shamanic traditions with their extensive herbal lore...all shown to provide real benefits. These methods, in addition to the more mechanistic Western medical traditions provide a means of treating the whole person, rather than just managing the symptoms.

"New Age" medicine is nothing more than the re-discovery of centuries old methodologies. And Feng Shui is geomancy.

Bullypulpit said:
Actually, there's nothing "New Age" about it. It goes back centuries to Ayurvedic tradition, ancient Chinese medicine, accupucture and accupressure, the shamanic traditions with their extensive herbal lore...all shown to provide real benefits. These methods, in addition to the more mechanistic Western medical traditions provide a means of treating the whole person, rather than just managing the symptoms.

"New Age" medicine is nothing more than the re-discovery of centuries old methodologies. And Feng Shui is geomancy.

Accupuncture, accupressure and Chinese medicine has no specific need for spirituality in the middle of the practice.

Neither do herbs.

I am well versed with both.

Spirituality where channeling or balancing energies come into play IS new age, and IS a form of "healing" that is debunked and THAT is what we are referring to.

So, no, Bully, you are far from correct. I was not looking to have a topic on "healing techniques" but the spirituality aspect of something all together different.

Bully is correct in saying that herbs, acupuncture/acupressure, etc. have a great healing effect on the body.

But I understand what you are talking about, NG, and I agree with you in theory, though I've never done any study on the topic.

gop_jeff said:
Bully is correct in saying that herbs, acupuncture/acupressure, etc. have a great healing effect on the body.

Agreed.

Herbs have chemical properties which are the entire basis of nearly all pharmaceuticals.

Chinese medicine has origins in pressure points as they relate to the circulatory system and supplying the proper regions with nutrition. Chaniging this pressure, diminishing it, or causing back pressure can do everything from heal to kill.

So what is left is the "spirituality" surrounding medicinal fields that needs to be understood as SEPERATE. This is often referred to as "New Age".

The reason I wanted to bring it up is that it is growing in popularity among "healers" who are nothing more than people adopting false spirituality and wrapping it around practices which they CLAIM promote healing, but in fact promote satanic posession and are not rooted in healing at all.

This being incredibly dangerous to the body and mind can also strip one of salvation.

That is why I thought it worth conversation.

Are you saying that someone could put a demon in me while pretending to spiritually heal me? Just making sure I understand this right.

NewGuy said:
The reason I wanted to bring it up is that it is growing in popularity among "healers" who are nothing more than people adopting false spirituality and wrapping it around practices which they CLAIM promote healing, but in fact promote satanic posession and are not rooted in healing at all.

This being incredibly dangerous to the body and mind can also strip one of salvation.

That is why I thought it worth conversation.

I've been around 'new agers' or spiritual healers a long time and I don't see how you come up with the satanic possesion part. they aren't using witchcraft or voodoo, They're using the natural energetic properties of the human body. How is that stripping salvation and promoting possesion?

dilloduck said:
Are you saying that someone could put a demon in me while pretending to spiritually heal me? Just making sure I understand this right.

That depends on your level of participation.

We aren't talking about voodoo we are talking about voluntary acceptance of what the other person is doing, and participating in it.

DKSuddeth said:
I've been around 'new agers' or spiritual healers a long time and I don't see how you come up with the satanic possesion part. they aren't using witchcraft or voodoo, They're using the natural energetic properties of the human body. How is that stripping salvation and promoting possesion?

First we would have to define the issue of "natural energetic properties of the human body" and the techniques involved.

Asking for blanket proof of stripping slavation and possesion in this case is going to be totally misunderstood until proof is shown that this sort of activity is not science nor fact, but is really a gateway for allowing the demon realm into ones body.

In order to do this, methods must be defined.

So to answer you question, the answer is: Define your terms, and then the answer can be given.

"The reason I wanted to bring it up is that it is growing in popularity among "healers" who are nothing more than people adopting false spirituality and wrapping it around practices which they CLAIM promote healing, but in fact promote satanic posession and are not rooted in healing at all.

This being incredibly dangerous to the body and mind can also strip one of salvation."

Your statement-----explain to me how this can happen?

dilloduck said:
"The reason I wanted to bring it up is that it is growing in popularity among "healers" who are nothing more than people adopting false spirituality and wrapping it around practices which they CLAIM promote healing, but in fact promote satanic posession and are not rooted in healing at all.

This being incredibly dangerous to the body and mind can also strip one of salvation."

Your statement-----explain to me how this can happen?

My statement:

Any takers?

No. I will not turn this into another one way lecture for Dillo.

NewGuy said:
First we would have to define the issue of "natural energetic properties of the human body" and the techniques involved.

Asking for blanket proof of stripping slavation and possesion in this case is going to be totally misunderstood until proof is shown that this sort of activity is not science nor fact, but is really a gateway for allowing the demon realm into ones body.

In order to do this, methods must be defined.

So to answer you question, the answer is: Define your terms, and then the answer can be given.

In my viewpoint, All humans have a soul, that soul has a unique aura or vibration which is nothing more than the natural energetics of the body and spirit. The technique is using ones energy to manipulate anothers, or yours, to promote both physical, mental, and emotional healing. Wouldn't the inability to prove or disprove that 'channeling energies' is promoting possesion and stripping salvation be self defeating?

DKSuddeth said:
In my viewpoint, All humans have a soul, that soul has a unique aura or vibration which is nothing more than the natural energetics of the body and spirit.

By definition you would claim the soul an energy, correct?

The technique is using ones energy to manipulate anothers, or yours, to promote both physical, mental, and emotional healing.

Therefore tinkering with ones soul and potentially "overriding" it.

Wouldn't the inability to prove or disprove that 'channeling energies' is promoting possesion and stripping salvation be self defeating?

I think you have just proven it quite well.

By doing this "channeling", a gateway is now opened to allow spiritual entrance into the reciever often through the "healer".

-Therefore POSESSION. -And since no soul can leave the body or it would die, and energy cannot be "broken up" to slide from one to another, only a 3rd force can do this.

Now you have just layed out the exact nature of demon posession.

Add Biblical references to witchcraft and demon posession, and you have justification to understand the losing of one's salvation.

NewGuy said:
By definition you would claim the soul an energy, correct?
yes

NewGuy said:
Therefore tinkering with ones soul and potentially "overriding" it.
No, one can manipulate. One cannot 'override'. Its not replacing my energy with theirs.

NewGuy said:
I think you have just proven it quite well.
I don't see how.

NewGuy said:
By doing this "channeling", a gateway is now opened to allow spiritual entrance into the reciever often through the "healer".

-Therefore POSESSION. -And since no soul can leave the body or it would die, and energy cannot be "broken up" to slide from one to another, only a 3rd force can do this.

Now you have just layed out the exact nature of demon posession.

Add Biblical references to witchcraft and demon posession, and you have justification to understand the losing of one's salvation.

By this definition alone, you've just accused jesus christ of opening up the possibility of demon possesion. I also said that one cannot 'override' another and manipulating energies is not opening a channel to the netherworld.

NewGuy said:
My statement:

No. I will not turn this into another one way lecture for Dillo.

It was simply my way of beginning a discussion---I asked a question.

OH I get it----you wanted someone to make a statement that you could use as a foil to prove your agenda.

NG, I disagree that one could lose their salvation by a channeling experience. While I certainly agree that such an action is sinful and expressly forbidden by God, I don't think that if a Christian participated in it (out of ignorance, for example) that they would then be unsaved. Moreover, if the Holy Spirit dwells in a Christian, then how could a demon or unclean spirit indwell the same person? The only way I could see it happening is if the person renounced Christ, in which case it would not be a case of channeling causing the loss of salvation, it would be a case of flat-out denial of the faith.

Forum List

Back