new a1c is 5.3

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
so the doctor finally simply blackmails me into taking an a1c....which is the test every diabetic hates...it gives you a 3 month average of you blood glucose....you can lie like hell on your daily entries of your b/g but the a1c will flat rat you out...but i wanted to get a 6 month supply of metformin....seems you now take the test in the office with little or no waiting...i was blind sided by that..doctor discussed cutting meds ...i declined...i have heard horror stories of people going off met and then getting worse going back on met and it does not work? scares me too much to try it...

the hot sign was on at krispy kreme....according to the dietian people i can eat 1/3 of a glazed donut lol lying bitches....

lol how true...how very true....i just dont go there....but the hot sign kills me...i love me some krispy kreme....being in nc and all lol

Truce, bones.

My grandmother has a diabetic friend and a nephew who took metformin for a long time, and had averse side effects, namely almost debilitating cases of diarrhea. Her friend couldn't leave the house without having an episode.

It caused the nephew to have it so bad that he was seeing the doctor constantly. He was a courier and this was putting his job in jeopardy. So the health insurer took note of the frequency of the doctor visits, called him and offered to send one of their own nurses out to talk to him about it. She discovered the metformin was the cause of his problem. The insurer was shocked and stunned to see his doctor still prescribing it. His wife was on metformin also.

But as soon as they were switched off the metformin, the diarrhea stopped. I don't know why they still have it or prescribe it. My advice to you is this: do not continue, retry or start taking Metformin. I don't know what medicines work for you, but I've heard those horror stories too. It's a hazard to your health.

I'm out. Thought I would try to be helpful for a change. :)

ZgclQDw.gif

Last edited:
About ten years ago we were in Atlanta for a few days...we hit 'm every time we left the room and had dozens in the room. I didn't even mind that I stepped in a mess of fireants...I had crispy creme. They cure everything.

I haven't had a donut in probably 10 years. Or more. I forget. But its been a long LONG time.

It has been reported sugar is as addictive as heroin. It also is linked to many harmful diseases.

Forum List

Back