New 2020 Census Question

Nope, but the number of seats in the house is determined by population. So, how many seats will they lose?

They'd lose 3 or 4 seats.
How do you figure that? The 11,000,000 figure they keep throwing out for the last 20 years?

California, supposedly, has about 2.4 million illegal aliens.
About 6% of their population. 6% of their 53 house seats is 3.
depends on who does the counting.....i have seen numbers as high as 5 million....

ARE YOU A CITIZEN?

Libs are outraged! California vows to sue!

How many seats will California lose?!

www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/democrats-vow-fight-trump-administration-over-census-citizenship-question-n860341
Why is it not valid? Oh, I see. ICE might take the info and come hunting for them. So illegals will either lie or hide from the census taker, making the census less accurate than it could have been.

Why should they be counted in the first place? The census is supposed to be a representation of how many citizens there are in this country.

Of course there is one reason why the left doesn't want them counted: It will give support to Trump's statement that 5 million illegals voted for Hillary.
Whoever Controls Language Controls Our Thoughts

One of the jurinalists grilling Sarah Sanders called them "immigrants." They are not immigrants any more than shoplifters are "shoppers." They are aliens; patriots would demand that we go back to that terminology.

Census and voting rights are two different things. The constitution is on CA side.
yes. But the census helps determine EC votes and House members
Probably why Cali is pissing in their depends

Nope, but the number of seats in the house is determined by population. So, how many seats will they lose?

True, but the constitution is on Ca side.
Are you trying to imply the census is unconstitutional?

You're response makes zero sense

ARE YOU A CITIZEN?

www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/democrats-vow-fight-trump-administration-over-census-citizenship-question-n860341
Why is it not valid? Oh, I see. ICE might take the info and come hunting for them. So illegals will either lie or hide from the census taker, making the census less accurate than it could have been.

Why should they be counted in the first place? The census is supposed to be a representation of how many citizens there are in this country.

Of course there is one reason why the left doesn't want them counted: It will give support to Trump's statement that 5 million illegals voted for Hillary.

One of the jurinalists grilling Sarah Sanders called them "immigrants." They are not immigrants any more than shoplifters are "shoppers." They are aliens; patriots would demand that we go back to that terminology.

I like to call them "trespassers." :biggrin:

hmmm I posted this in the /other/ thread on this topic.

Citizenship was a standard question on the census until 1950, and it was included on the 2000 census as well.

The argument made by the left, RE constitutionality, is that women were included in the census despite not being able to vote, thus the illegals should be counted.

ARE YOU A CITIZEN?

I like to call them "trespassers." :biggrin:
Response to Today's Paul Revere: "Meh, Whatever"

When men were men, the answer was TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT.

ARE YOU A CITIZEN?

The only accuracy from the census needed is in regards citizens eligible to vote to determine number of reps from each state. For that matter, the number of illegals and non citizens is completely irrelevant.

Census and voting rights are two different things. The constitution is on CA side.
yes. But the census helps determine EC votes and House members
Probably why Cali is pissing in their depends

True, but the constitution is on Ca side.

You got something to back that opinion?

They'd lose 3 or 4 seats.
How do you figure that? The 11,000,000 figure they keep throwing out for the last 20 years?

California, supposedly, has about 2.4 million illegal aliens.
About 6% of their population. 6% of their 53 house seats is 3.

The estimate is they have 39.5 million people, from which 27% is foreign born.

I suspect not all foreign born are citizens. guessing about one half are.

hmmm I posted this in the /other/ thread on this topic.

Citizenship was a standard question on the census until 1950, and it was included on the 2000 census as well.

The argument made by the left, RE constitutionality, is that women were included in the census despite not being able to vote, thus the illegals should be counted.

Were those women citizens or illegals?

It's a CRIME to lie on the census, so everyone will obey. Gun laws teach us that.
It's time ONLY legal citizens get representation.

Not only should the question be asked, but there should be verification as well.

If asking about citizenship was good enough for Bill Clinton in 2000, it's perfectly fine for Trump to include it now.

Just sayin'.
That was a community schedule to about 3 mil people, not asked in the standard census document.

If asking about citizenship was good enough for Bill Clinton in 2000, it's perfectly fine for Trump to include it now.

Just sayin'.
That was a community schedule to about 3 mil people, not asked in the standard census document.

Oh puh-leeeze. If it is legal to ask 3M people, it is legal to ask a broader set.

Forum List

Back