Never! Never! Never! Never! Never!

Question Jeremiah................is Jesus going to prevent the Buddhists from entering Nirvana because He's upset they didn't follow Him?
No, they cannot enter heaven because by rejecting Jesus Christ they remain condemned men.
It is written:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 3:16,17,18,19,20

and it is written:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
John 10:1

_______

Last edited:
Question Jeremiah................is Jesus going to prevent the Buddhists from entering Nirvana because He's upset they didn't follow Him?
No, they cannot enter heaven because by rejecting Jesus Christ they remain condemned men.
It is written:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

_______

I didn't say anything about Heaven dipstick, I asked if Jesus is so mean spirited that He would prevent the Buddhists from entering Nirvana, which ISN'T the same as Heaven.

It is written:

_______

I didn't say anything about Heaven dipstick, I asked if Jesus is so mean spirited that He would prevent the Buddhists from entering Nirvana, which ISN'T the same as Heaven.
As I understand it, Nirvana is the teaching of where the soul reaches a certain level and ceases to exist. This teaching is a lie. The soul, like the spirit is eternal and therein cannot cease to exist. We were made in the image of God. Genesis 1:26
It is written:
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Genesis 1:26

Who was God speaking to when He said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness..

God was speaking to His Word (Jesus Christ) and His Spirit (the Holy Spirit). God is a trichotomy. 1 x 1 x 1 =1

We were created in God's image. Therein we are a trichotomy 1 x 1 x 1 = 1

Our flesh will go into the ground but we will be given an indestructible body that will carry our soul and spirit throughout eternity. We must live in one of two places. Heaven or hell. In hell your soul and spirit suffer great torments but you are also given an indestructible body - the same body you had on earth but indestructible... so if you were missing a leg on earth you shall be missing one in hell..... the suffering is beyond what can be described with words. Kurt Cobain is in hell. He had a band named Nirvana. He never found any peace, only torment because he served Lucifer and lived a life of sin. He will never get out of hell. He is doomed to stay there for all eternity. You can still turn to the Lord and be saved. You do not have to perish, you can be saved. Even this evening.

Kurt Cobain: Satan Worshipper!

Then you understand wrong. That is not what Nirvana is all about.

And................sorry.............but God is too big to be contained in just one belief system.

Besides, Jesus was Jewish, and the Christians ripped off the Jewish people for their religion, combined it with paganism to sell it to the Europeans, and volia, Christianity.

Then you understand wrong. That is not what Nirvana is all about.

And................sorry.............but God is too big to be contained in just one belief system.

Besides, Jesus was Jewish, and the Christians ripped off the Jewish people for their religion, combined it with paganism to sell it to the Europeans, and volia, Christianity.
You are mistaken. God is not a schizophrenic with multiple beliefs /personalities none of which agree one with another. No, God is God and His Word is pure.

It is written:

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Proverbs 30:5,6

Jesus Christ is God and He is not sharing His throne with Buddah, Baal Allah, any Hindu gods or any other gods.

It won't happen. God is holy, Biker. He changes not. He is the same yesterday, today and for ever. His Word is eternal and will never pass away.

Never said anything about God sharing with anyone else. I asked would a loving God prevent Buddhists from achieving Nirvana (which is actually a rejoining with the Spirit after this life, or if you're a Taoist, rejoining the Tao)? If so, why?

But, you don't have an open enough mind to discuss this, because your default setting is that if you don't believe in Jesus, you're going to hell. But, if that's true, then why would a loving God (as the Christians claim He is), condemn over 2/3'rds of the population of the WORLD to hell? Remember, Christianity is only 1/3 of the world's main religions.

Never said anything about God sharing with anyone else. I asked would a loving God prevent Buddhists from achieving Nirvana (which is actually a rejoining with the Spirit after this life, or if you're a Taoist, rejoining the Tao)? If so, why?

But, you don't have an open enough mind to discuss this, because your default setting is that if you don't believe in Jesus, you're going to hell. But, if that's true, then why would a loving God (as the Christians claim He is), condemn over 2/3'rds of the population of the WORLD to hell? Remember, Christianity is only 1/3 of the world's main religions.

What you are writing about is clearly identified as false teachings, Biker. Your trouble is that you heard the Word of God but loved not the truth and as a result God has sent you a strong delusion to believe a lie.
It is written:

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:11,12

This is what happens when men decide to rebel against God and His Word and seek a "Wider Friendlier Path" which accepts their lifestyle of sin (indulgence of the flesh). Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man can come to the Father except through His Only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Your sin is Unbelief.

You are correct that my mind is not "open" to your suggestions as they are lies from the pits of hell. The Word of God warns us to have nothing to do with people such as you because what you are doing is looking for a platform in which to promote your lies and destroy the faith of those who listen to you. This discussion is over with now. I've given you the Word of God and you can receive it or not. I'm putting you on ignore and won't be reading any of your words again. I would strongly admonish anyone seeking Jesus Christ to have nothing to do with you or your writing material.

Last edited:

What you are writing about is clearly identified as false teachings, Biker. Your trouble is that you heard the Word of God but loved not the truth and God has given you over to a strong spirit of delusion. This is what happens when men decide to rebel against God and His Word and seek a "Wider Friendlier Path" which accepts their lifestyle of sin. Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man can come to the Father except through His Only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Your sin is Unbelief.

You are correct that my mind is not "open" to your suggestions as they are lies from the pits of hell. The Word of God warns us to have nothing to do with people such as you because what you are doing is looking for a platform in which to promote your lies. This discussion is over with now. I've given you the Word of God and you can receive it or not. I'm putting you on ignore and won't be reading any of your words again. I would strongly admonish anyone seeking Jesus Christ to have nothing to do with you or your writing material.

Again, your ignorance is showing, because Buddhism and Tao don't promote, nor do they accept what is generally considered "sin" by the Christians. You should research the Noble Eightfold Path sometime and tell me how evil it is.

But...............again....................I guess there is no talking to you because you've already demonized everyone who doesn't agree in lockstep with you.

Too bad..............because on my last ship, I was room mates with an Evangelical preacher who also happened to be the ship's chaplain, and we had many spiritual discussions into the wee hours. I liked those conversations, because we both learned a lot from each other.

Only thing is, he didn't denigrate my belief system, nor did I denigrate his. And, because you've already denigrated mine, I now feel free to attack yours.

Returning back to our subject tonight....... this is a 5 point study beginning with the definition of forsaking which implies utter loneliness. I remember a photograph I saw some time ago of an orphan abandoned and laying on a pavement sleeping. Before laying down the child had drawn a parent with a piece of chalk to be beside him, so deep was the need for comfort. How heartbreaking is that picture, I still remember the feeling I had when I saw it.... We do not need to draw a picture of God beside us at night for we are not orphans but have been adopted into the family of God through believing on Jesus Christ and therein God is with us constantly. His presence is ever with us...... His eye is ever upon us. He is our comforter, our counselor, our guide, our defense, our hope in times of trouble. There is none who can compare to Jesus Christ, truly He is most gentle, loving, kind and merciful - even toward the most vile of sinners - He bids them to come, He will forgive them, he will give them a new heart and new desires but first they must come to Him....

1. Forsaking implies an utter loneliness. Put a traveler in a vast howling wilderness, where for many a league there is no trace of man—no foot-step of traveler. The solitary wretch cries for help—the hollow echo of the rocks is his only reply. No bird in the air; not even a prowling jackal in the waste; not an insect in the sunbeam to keep him company; not even a solitary blade of grass to remind him of God!

Yet, even there he is not alone: for yon bare rocks prove a God, and the hot sand beneath his feet, and the blazing sun above his head, all witness to a present Deity. But what would be the loneliness of a man forsaken of God! No migration could be so awful as this, for he says, "If I take the wings of the morning and fly to the uttermost parts of the sea thou art there." Such a state were worse than hell, for David says, "If I make my bed in hell thou art there."

Loneliness is a feeling which none of us delight in. Solitude may have some charms, but they who are forced to be her captives have not discovered them. A transient solitude may give pleasure; to be alone, utterly alone, is terrible; to be alone, without God,is such an emphasis of loneliness, that I defy the lip even of a damned spirit to express the horror and anguish that must be concentrated in it.

There is far more than you and I dream of in the language of our Lord Jesus, when he says, "I have trodden the wine-press alone." Alone! You remember he once said, "Ye shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me." There is no agony in that sentence, but what must be his grief when he says—"I have trodden the wine-press alone!" "My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" is the cry of human nature in its uttermost dismay.

Thank God, you and I by this promise are taught that we never shall know the desperate loneliness of being forsaken of God; yet, this is what it would be if he should forsake us!

indent.gif
2. Mingling with this mournful solitude is a sense of utter helplessness. Power belongeth unto God; withdraw the Lord, and the strong men must utterly fail. The archangel without God passes away and is not; the everlasting hills do bow, and the solid pillars of the earth are dissolved.

Without God our dust returneth to the earth; without God our spirit mourneth like David, "I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind; I am like a broken vessel." Christ knew what this was when he said, "I am a worm, and no man."

He was so utterly broken, so emptied of all power, that as he hung with dislocated limbs upon the cross, he cried, "My strength is dried up like a potsherd; thou hast brought me into the dust of death." No broken reed or smoking flax can be so feeble as a soul forsaken of God. Our state would be as deplorably destitute as that of Ezekiel's infant, deserted and cast into the open field with none to swaddle and none to care for it, left utterly to perish and to die,—such should we be if we could be forsaken of God!
Glorious are those negatives which shut us in from all fear of this calamity.

Last edited:
3. To be forsaken of God implies utter friendlessness. A thousand times let Jehovah be blessed that very few of us have ever known what it is to be friendless! There have been times in the experience of some of us when we felt that we stood without a friend in the particular spot which we then occupied, for we had a grief which we could not entrust to any other heart.

Every man who is eminently useful in the Church will know seasons when as the champion of Israel he must go forth alone. This, however, is compensated by stronger faith, and the moral grandeur of solitary heroism.

But what must it be to be some poor wretch whose parents have long since been buried; who has lost his most distant relatives; who, passing along the street remembers the name of one who was once his father's friend, knocks at the door, and is repulsed; recollects another—and this is his last hope—one he played with in his infancy—stands at that door asking for charity and is bidden to go his way, and paces the cold November streets while the rain is pouring down, feeling to his utter dismay that no friend breathes for him?

Should he return to his own parish it would be like going to his own dungeon, and if he enters the workhouse no eye there will flash sympathy upon him! He is utterly friendless and alone! I believe that many a suicide has been produced by the want of a friend.

As long as a man feels he has some one loving him, he has something worth living for; but when the last friend is gone and we feel that we are floating on a raft far out at sea, with not a sail in sight, and we cry, "Welcome death!"

Our Lord and Master was brought to this state, and knew what it was to be forsaken, for he had no friends left. "He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me." "All the disciples forsook him and fled." Brethren, many saints have lost all their friends, but have bravely borne the trial, for turning their eye to heaven, they have felt that though without friends they were still befriended.

They have heard the voice of Jesus say, "I will not leave you orphans; I will come unto you;" and, made strong by Divine friendship, they have felt that they were not utterly bereaved.

But to be forsaken of God! Oh, may you and I never know it! To be without a friend in heaven; to look to that throne of glory and to see the blackness of darkness there; to turn to mercy and receive a frown; to fly to love and receive a rebuke; to turn to God and find that his ear is heavy that he will not hear, and his hand restrained that he will not help—oh! this is terror, terror heaped on terror, to be thus forsaken!
indent.gif

4. Loneliness, helplessness, friendlessness—add these together, and then put the next—hopelessness. A man forsaken of men may still entertain some hope. But let him be forsaken of God, and then hope hath failed; the last window is shut; not a ray of light now streams into the thick Egyptian darkness of his mind.

Life is death; death is damnation—damnation in its lowest deeps.

Let him look to men, and they are broken reeds; let him turn to angels, and they are avengers; let him look to death, and even the tomb affords no refuge. Look where he will, blank, black despair seizes hold upon him.

Our blessed Lord knew this when lover and friend had been put far from him, and his acquaintance into darkness. It was only his transcendent faith which enabled him after all to say "Thou wilt not leave my soul in hell: neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption."

The black shadow of this utter hopelessness went over him when he said, "My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death," and he "sweat as it were great drops of blood, falling down to the ground."

indent.gif

5. To make up this five-fold forsaking, against which we have the five negatives, let us add to all this loneliness, helplessness, friendlessness, and hopelessness, a sense of unutterable agony. We speak of agony, but to feel it is a very different thing.

Misery and despair—the wrestling of these with the spirit till the spirit is trodden down, and crushed, and broken, and chooses strangling rather than life; a horrible sense of every evil having made one's heart its den; a consciousness that we are the target for all God's arrows; that all God's waves and billows have gone over us; that he hath forgotten to be gracious; that he will be merciful to us no more; that he hath in anger shut up the bowels of his compassion—this is a part of being forsaken of God which only lost spirits in hell can know!

Our unbelief sometimes lets us get a glimpse of what this would be, but it is only a glimpse, only a glimpse; let us thank God that we are delivered from all fear of this tremendous evil. By five wounds doth our Redeemer slay our unbelief.
indent.gif

Brethren, if God should leave us, mark the result: I picture to myself the very best state of one forsaken of God—it is uncertainty and chance. I would rather be an atom, which hath God with it, predestinating its track and forcing it onward according to his own will, than I would be an archangel left to my own choice, to do as I would and to act at I please, without the control of God; for an archangel, left without God, would soon miss his way, and fall to hell; or he would melt away, and drop and die; but the tiny atom, having God with it, would fulfill its predestinated course; it would be ever in a sure track, and throughout eternity would have as much potence in it as at its first creation.

I cannot think why some people are so fond of free-will. I believe free-will is the delight of sinners, but that God's will is the glory of saints. There is nothing I desire more to get rid of than my own will, and to be absorbed into the will and purpose of my Lord.

To do according to the will of Him who is most good, most true, most wise, most mighty, seems to me to be heaven. Let others choose the dignity of independence, I crave the glory of being wholly dead in Christ, and only alive in him. Oh! dear friends, if the Lord should forsake us, to say the best of it, our course would be uncertain, and, ere long it would end in nothingness.

We know, further, that if God should forsake the best saint alive, that man would immediately fall into sin.

He now stands securely on yonder lofty pinnacle, but his brain would reel and he would fall, if secret hands did not uphold him. He now picks his steps carefully; take away grace from him and he would roll in the mire, and wallow in it like other men.

Let the godly be forsaken of his God, and he would go from bad to worse, till his conscience, now so tender, would be seared as with a hot iron.

Next he would ripen into an atheist or a blasphemer, and he would come to his dying bed foaming at the mouth with rage; would come before the bar of his Maker with a curse upon his lip; and in eternity, left and forsaken of God, he would sink to hell with the condemned, ay, and among the damned he would have the worst place, lower than the lowest, finding in the lowest depths a lower depth, finding in the wrath of God something more dreadful than the ordinary wrath which falleth upon common sinners!
indent.gif

When we thus describe being forsaken of God, is it not satisfactory to the highest degree to remember that we have God's word for it five times over, "I will never, never leave thee; I will never, never, never forsake thee?" I know those who caricature Calvinism say we teach that let a man live as he likes, yet if God be with him, he will be safe at the last. We teach no such thing, and our adversaries know better.

They know that our doctrines are invulnerable if they will state them correctly, and that the only way in which they can attack us is to slander us and to misrepresent what we teach. Nay, verily, we say not so, but we say that where God begins the good work, the man will never live as he likes, or if he does, he will like to live as God would have him live; that where God begins a good work he carries it on; that man is never forsaken of God, nor does he forsake God, but is kept even to the end.

II. We have before us now, in the second place, A GRACIOUS PROMISE, or what is positively guaranteed.

indent.gif
What is guaranteed in this promise? Beloved, herein doth God give to his people everything. "I will never leave thee." Then no attribute of God can cease to be engaged for us. Is he mighty? He will show himself strong on the behalf of them that trust him. Is HE love? Then with everlasting lovingkindness will he have mercy upon us.

Whatever attributes may compose the character of Deity every one of them to its fullest extent shall be engaged on our side. Moreover, whatsoever God hath, whether it be in the lowest hades or in the highest heaven, whatever can be contained in infinity or can be held within the circumference of eternity, whatever, in fine, can be in him who filleth all things, and yet is greater than all things, shall be with his people for ever, since "He hath said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you."

Beloved, Jesus Christ died for your sins so that you could be reconciled back to God,
the Father. Do you feel that God is dealing with your heart tonight? Do you know that you need Him, and that you need His Son? You can invite Jesus Christ to become your Lord and Savior right now.

Pray this prayer from your heart but first...... if there is any unforgiveness in your heart towards any person, tell the Lord that by an act of your will you forgive them. You may not feel it, but God will honor your sincerity to forgive the person (s) who have wounded your heart, betrayed you, harmed you. When you forgive others, God is then able to forgive you. So settle that first. If there is any unforgiveness that you feel you cannot release, Ask God to forgive them through you and that you are willing. Tell Him that you need His help to do this. God will honor that request. When you have prepared your heart, pray this prayer:

God, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived. I repent of my sins and I ask for your forgiveness.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God and that He shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins and that God raised Him from the dead on the 3rd day.

Lord, you said in Your Word according to Romans 10: 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus Christ is Lord and in my heart I do believe that God did raise Jesus Christ from the dead and that by the confession of my faith, I am now saved.

Thank you for writing my name in your Lamb's Book of Life. Lord, I praise your holy Name for Your Great love towards me and for the gift of salvation which you have freely given me. I thank you for giving me a new heart that will desire to serve you all the days of my life. Amen.

32f55011dc2a3e0ba3331a0706ef793a.jpg
Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth. - Luke 15:10

If you read the lives of the Saints, they often describe periods of "spiritual dryness."

God does not forsake them, but they feel like he is forsaking them, and he allows them to feel that way.

This is a Word from God for some readers tonight. Never! Never! Will the Lord forsake you or leave you. Your friends may abandon you, your family may even abandon you..... the entire community may cast you out! ....but Jesus Christ will not forsake you or leave you. What a faithful Lord and Savior we serve! Be blessed as you read tonight's sermon from Charles Spurgeon.

spurgn02.gif
bar2.gif

met.gif

tab.gif

pul.gif

bar2.gif

A Sermon
(No. 477)
Delivered on Sunday Morning, October 26th, 1862, by
Rev. C. H. SPURGEON,
At the Metropolitan Tabernacle, Newington

"He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."—Hebrews 13:5.

w.gif
HAT POWER RESIDES in "Thus saith the Lord!" The man who can grasp by faith, "He hath said," has an all-conquering weapon in his hand. What doubt will not be slain by this to two-edged sword? What fear is that which shall not fall smitten with a deadly wound before this arrow from the bow of God's covenant? Will not the distresses of life and the pangs of death, will not the corruptions within and the temptations without, will not the trials from above and the temptations from beneath all seem but light afflictions when we can hide ourselves behind the bulwark of "He hath said?" Whether for delight in our quietude, or for strength in our conflict, "He hath said" must be our daily resort.
indent.gif

Hence, let us learn, my brethren, the extreme value of searching the Scriptures. There may be a promise in the Word which would exactly fit your case, but you may not know of it, and therefore miss its comfort. You are like prisoners in a dungeon, and there may be one key in the bunch which would unlock the door, and you might be free; but if you will not look for it you may remain a prisoner still, though liberty is near at hand. There may be a potent medicine in the great pharmacopia of Scripture, and you may still remain sick, though there is the precise remedy that would meet your disease, unless you will examine and search the Scriptures to discover what "He hath said."

Should we not, beside reading Scripture, store our memories richly with the promises of God? We can recollect the sayings of great men; we treasure up the verses of renowned poets; ought we not to be profound in our knowledge of the words of God? The Scriptures should be the classics of a Christian, and as our orators quote Homer, or Virgil, or Horace, when they would clinch a point, so we should be able to quote the promises of God when we would solve a difficulty or overthrow a doubt. "He hath said," is the foundation of all riches and the fountain of all comfort, let it dwell in you richly as "a well of water, springing up unto everlasting life."

And, oh, my brethren, how diligently should we test the Scriptures! Besides searching them by reading, and treasuring them by memory, we should test them by experience, and so often as a promise is proven to be true we should make a mark against it, and note that we also can say, as did one of old, "This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me."

"Wait on the Lord," said Isaiah, and then he added "Wait, I say, on the Lord," as if his own experience led him to echo the voice of God to his hearers. Test the promise, take God's banknote to the counter, and mark if it be cashed. Grasp the lever, which he ordains to lift your trials, and try if it possesses real power. Cast this divine tree into the bitter waters of your Marah, and learn how it will sweeten them.

Take this salt, and throw it into the turbid waters, and witness if they be not made sweet, as were the waters of old by the prophet Elisha. Taste and see that the Lord is good, for there is no want to them that fear him.

the entire community may cast you out! ....but Jesus Christ will not forsake you or leave you

well it was before J but you might have a hard time telling that to Noah's neighbors ... the entire community, sortof in reverse.

Forum List

Back