Jews and Muslims Break Bread at Iftar Dinner

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
More of this needs to happen and is happening , things like this enrage the rightwing bible thumpers

The group that gathered inside a South Brooklyn Jewish community center the evening of Monday, June 20, had trouble staying silent. Young children whimpered impatiently, their eyes on the tables of untouched food, and latecomers whispered excuses as they pushed through the crowded room. Only a man in a light-gray skull cap succeeded in capturing everyone’s attention. His voice was melodious and strong as he started to chant “Allahu Akbar.”

Afterward, participants at the Ramadan break-the-fast event ignored the signs designating the tables as kosher and halal, crossing the communal line not only for meat-filled pastries and vegetable stew, but also for conversation.

During Ramadan, Jews and Muslims Share Dinner and Friendship — But National Effort Lags Behind

• Banned
http://www.avpress.com/
Jews, Muslims share dream of peace

PALMDALE - As they sat in the back yard of a Palmdale house Sunday afternoon, Jews and Muslims did something they wish political leaders thousands of miles away would do.
They sat and talked.
The topic of conversation was not inflammatory cartoons, the health status of an ailing prime minister or the deep political divides that have separated the two cultures.
It was how the people, about 15 Southern California residents with such birthplaces as Egypt, Israel, Syria and Germany, can get others to sit with them and talk. They are members of the Jewish-Muslim/Arab Living Room Dialogue Group, an organization that hopes to bring people from the two religions and cultures together to talk.
The group made one of its treks to the Antelope Valley on Sunday, stopping at the home of Abdul-Wahab Omeira, Islamic chaplain at the state prison in Lancaster and a member of the Antelope Valley Interfaith Alliance.
Omeira said the meetings are a small start, but the right one.
"The journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step," Omeira said.
In the back yard of his house, even before the official meeting began, Muslims and Jews talked about their religions. Omeira's wife, Rhoda, told some of the Los Angeles-area Jews about construction of the Antelope Valley's first mosque. They all commented on the wonderful weather Palmdale experienced Sunday, with the warm sun and pleasant wind (which, of course, sometimes picked up in gusts to blow napkins and plastic plates).
Different people from different walks of life, those attending the dialogue session gave different reasons but the same idea for gathering and talking.
They want a peaceful resolution between the two religions, especially in Israel and Palestine.

Muslims and Jews are meeting more than ever

Secular muslims aren't as bad as MEern muslims. I mean, DUH.

TN how many Muslims do you know?

Now I am not asking to be snarky ( well I am snarky no matter what so maybe you will need a bonbon, midol and a Tampon soaked with vodka after this ) and am just wondering how many Muslims you know?

Also how many Jewish people do you know?

As for me I have worked in the Healthcare and Engineering sector so I have been introduced to many Persian Muslims and Arab Muslims and even Indian ( From India and not Tonto ) Muslims and the most mild are the Persian ones.

Now I grew up with Jewish Aunts and they were more harsh against the Government of Israel but also hated Arafat too.

So for me I have experience the Christian, Muslim, Jewish, WICCA ( she was one wild twat ) Hindu and Buddhist societies and all have their good, bad and Guno in them... ( Yes Guno I am being the douche nozzle against you for the shits and grin of it and calling you the ugly but it is out of kindness because if I us TN he will cry in his pillow tonight while having his pillow case on his head and Pillars trying to burn it ) .

Too many times I see too much propaganda within the news that I view and find it sad many Americans believe all Muslims are bad. I mean it is like Guno believing all Christians are inbred rednecks that rape their sons while breeding with their daughter... ( Again Guno I have to use you as my bitch because TN is sensitive and might need therapy if I write something mean )

So as I finish this insane response know I was just asking How many Muslims have you ever known and How many Jewish people do you know and if you know none then maybe one day try a Persian food and see the wonderful meals they serve...

Now don't cry and remember if I did not like you I would help Pillars to burn your pillow cases and don't mind the torch in my hand...

:banana: :banana2: :banana:

:lmao: :haha: :lmao:

:scared1:

Article on that Meeting of Rabbis in Turkey.
Don't ever assume nobody reads these forums or it has no purpose or influence.
I might have previously spelled the Turkish officials name wrong through missinformation from a video if this is the same event. The one I reported on was last Dec, this event was more recent though, so It seems to be many meetings taking place regarding their support for our Mikdash.
Turkish Muslim leader hosted a gathering of Israeli rabbis for the rebuilding of the Third Temple in Jerusalem. | Alternative

By the way; this Topic is not Penelope approved. *L*

Last edited:

Forum List

Back