Never-before-seen photos released of Bush administration during 9/11

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
National Archives releases new photos of 9 11 - CNNPolitics.com

Vice President Cheney on September 11 2001 Flickr - Photo Sharing

There are some very good photos in the mix.

The reason for why they were released is explained in the CNN article.
The flickr link will bring you too all 350 of the photos.

These are photos taken on that horrible day, September 11, 2011.

Here are some that I found particularly poignant:

150725160051-12-cheney-911-19729035620-71baedae60-o-jpg-exlarge-169.jpg

Then-VP Cheney, on 911

Also:
19294454514_4d294e2374_k.jpg

Very poignant. The concern and distress on the Vice-President's face is clear to see.

19729026788_9d0519e7cd_k.jpg

VP Cheney, then-Pres. Bush. Just as poignant. The 43rd President had a more subued way of showing his emotions, but his eyes clearly show the sadness, the stress and the very heavy weight on his, the POTUS' shoulders. This was not long before he addressed the nation about the attacks.

150725155957-08-cheney-911-19729053490-8ffafbb2ec-o-jpg-exlarge-169.jpg

VP Cheney, Pres. Bush. To the side: Condoleeza Rice, and I think, Andy Card.

19729063600_465c08f890_k.jpg

I believe that is Mary Matalin on the right.

19909496962_3cba14050d_k FLOTUSES.jpg

VP Cheney, First Lady Laura Bush, Second Lady Lynne Cheney

The pics really do show the sadness and the stress that all were going through on that day. You can see it on both Mrs. Bush and Mrs. Cheney's faces. According to the reports, Lynne Cheney never left VP Cheney's side even for a minute on that day. I would bet very much that the same applied to Laura Bush and the President.

There are about 345 more of these until-now unreleased photos of key members of the Bush (41) administration on 9-11 itself. These pics are mostly from the PEOC.

I found it to be deeply moving.

Go to the flicker link, look at the pics for yourself. And never forget what happened that day.

-Stat

Last edited:
So anguished over how the hell they were gonna get their Bin Laden buddies out of the country. It ended up going very well for em. They whisked the Bin Ladens out lickety-split. Mission accomplished.

Then-VP Cheney, on 911

Also:
View attachment 45783
Very poignant. The concern and distress on the Vice-President's face is clear to see.

View attachment 45784
VP Cheney, then-Pres. Bush. Just as poignant. The 43rd President had a more subued way of showing his emotions, but his eyes clearly show the sadness, the stress and the very heavy weight on his, the POTUS' shoulders. This was not long before he addressed the nation about the attacks.

View attachment 45785

View attachment 45786

The pics really do show the sadness and the stress that all were going through on that day. You can see it on both Mrs. Bush and Mrs. Cheney's faces. According to the reports, Lynne Cheney never left VP Cheney's side even for a minute on that day. I would bet very much that the same applied to Laura Bush and the President.

There are about 345 more of these until-now unreleased photos of key members of the Bush (41) administration on 9-11 itself. These pics are mostly from the PEOC.

Go to the flicker link, look at the pics for yourself. And never forget what happened that day.

-Stat
Would have thought the Shrub would have been hiding under a desk curled up in a ball but I guess he was more than safe enough in his nuke-proof underground bunker at a hidden location.

Looks like Cheney was running the show that day.

That deceives.

The reason we are seeing so many Cheney pics is because PBS is doing a documentary on the former Vice President and through a FOIA, obtained these 350 photos for it's work.

Surely there are even more photos of Pres. Bush, but the CBS documentary will not be about him in this case.

I have to wonder if some of the worry on their faces is over having so many big "targets" in one room......can we imagine if that room got hit?

President Bashar Assad:

"This does not mean that they have learned their lesson; as they still deal with this phenomenon in a hypocritical manner; they call it terrorism when it hits them, and call it revolution, freedom, democracy, and human rights when it hits us. There, its perpetrators are terrorists, and here, they are rebels and moderate opposition. They scream at the top of their voices whenever they are touched by a spark of fire while they fall deathly silent when we are burned by it.”

Then-VP Cheney, on 911

Also:
View attachment 45783

View attachment 45784

View attachment 45785

View attachment 45786

-Stat
Would have thought the Shrub would have been hiding under a desk curled up in a ball but I guess he was more than safe enough in his nuke-proof underground bunker at a hidden location.

Knock it off. His name is George. W. Bush, not "shrub". Saying that shit about him is every bit as bad as the many perjoratives many Righties have for Pres. Obama. It's silly and it's stupid.

President Bashar Assad:

"This does not mean that they have learned their lesson; as they still deal with this phenomenon in a hypocritical manner; they call it terrorism when it hits them, and call it revolution, freedom, democracy, and human rights when it hits us. There, its perpetrators are terrorists, and here, they are rebels and moderate opposition. They scream at the top of their voices whenever they are touched by a spark of fire while they fall deathly silent when we are burned by it.”

Und genau was soll das denn bedeuten, oder bist Du einfach hirntot?

President Bashar Assad:

President al-Assad The priority is eliminating terrorism wherever it is found in Syria Syrian Arab News Agency

So anguished over how the hell they were gonna get their Bin Laden buddies out of the country. It ended up going very well for em. They whisked the Bin Ladens out lickety-split. Mission accomplished.

No pics of Bush reading about goats?

President Bashar Assad:

Nice contribution
:cuckoo:

Then-VP Cheney, on 911

Also:
View attachment 45783

View attachment 45784

View attachment 45785

View attachment 45786

-Stat

Knock it off. His name is George. W. Bush, not "shrub". Saying that shit about him is every bit as bad as the many perjoratives many Righties have for Pres. Obama. It's silly and it's stupid.
Yeah, the nickname Shrub versus this, not at all the same:
obama-4chan.jpg

not off page 1 and the hate brigade is out.

All you perfect people had perfect plans as to what to do the moment it happened, I'm sure.
It started with, don't pee your pants and run for shelter in an underground bunker, then emerge on site three days later looking like a war hero...

And then they went out for cocktails with Elvis and Hitler!

Forum List

Back