Netflix: Iron Fist

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The netflix marvel shows are slow, boring and very dark most of the time...as in, not a lot of light.....this is probably to hide the poor fight choreography.

Iron Fist suffers more than the other shows because Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and even Daredevil do not have a particular style of fighting that they have to mimic. Daredevil comes in close but even he doesn't have a particular tradition of fighting art that he has to try to portray.

Iron Fist comes from the Budhist fighting arts tradition....so there is an expectation to see more Jet Li than MMA in his fighting style...sadly, that brand of fighting has a very specific look and you can't train an actor for a couple of weeks and make them look convincing.....in the Matrix, they could get away with it because they were essentially learning computer programs......

On top of the really cheesy martial arts demonstrated too often by the lead actor, the story was weak.

The martial arts that Worf from Star Trek, the Next Generation did on the show looks about as good as the Iron Fist solo forms....

I just can't buy into super hero shows where they have faux really strong super powers.

Like Don for example.

The only Netflix Marvel show I like is Daredevil. I don't have any interest in the rest. I do want to see Punisher. I just can't buy into super hero shows where they have really strong super powers. I prefer more grounded characters like Daredevil and Punisher.

Jessica Jones didn't delve too deeply into her powers. They were, in large part, a secondary consideration. You should give it a try, it is my favorite of the Netflix Marvel shows.

Luke Cage suffered from his powers making him too strong, leaving little danger to him most of the time. It lessened the drama.

The only Netflix Marvel show I like is Daredevil. I don't have any interest in the rest. I do want to see Punisher. I just can't buy into super hero shows where they have really strong super powers. I prefer more grounded characters like Daredevil and Punisher.

Jessica Jones didn't delve too deeply into her powers. They were, in large part, a secondary consideration. You should give it a try, it is my favorite of the Netflix Marvel shows.

Luke Cage suffered from his powers making him too strong, leaving little danger to him most of the time. It lessened the drama.

Maybe I'll check it out. If I'm interested enough in Defenders, I may have to watch them all eventually to catch up. But if Defenders looks like it's going to get too crazy with the super powers, I'll probably lose interest, tbqh.

Maybe I'll check it out. If I'm interested enough in Defenders, I may have to watch them all eventually to catch up. But if Defenders looks like it's going to get too crazy with the super powers, I'll probably lose interest, tbqh.

I have no idea what sort of story they are going with in Defenders. Even Daredevil can be seen as having powers, but the other three characters are all definitely powered. Still, the Netflix shows have been pretty down to earth for comic book shows, barring some exceptions. :dunno:

I have no idea what sort of story they are going with in Defenders. Even Daredevil can be seen as having powers, but the other three characters are all definitely powered. Still, the Netflix shows have been pretty down to earth for comic book shows, barring some exceptions. :dunno:

Kevin Feige explained that that's why they likely won't be in the Infinity Wars movies with the Avengers. They are meant to fight street level crime while you have people like the Avengers defending Earth and the Guardians of the Galaxy defending... the galaxy.

I've only watched the first five episodes of Iron Fist but I liked it. I'm interested to see how well a martial artist like him and Daredevil mesh in the Defenders series.

Forum List

Back