Netflix Flicks

Just finished season 1. I am not quite hooked yet. Maybe this is just sloppy seconds compared to House Of Cards. I dunno.
I don't much like any of the characters. HATE his wife and her dorky thieving sister...the obnoxious DEA husband of hers and his nasty mouth. I guess the only one I have any emotion for is the MS son. I presume that is what he has. And I liked Hugo...but he's no longer on the show I guess.

Both cookers seems surprised all the time when they see violence from the "distributor" but neither one think about the violence this shit does that THEY make. For money.

I dunno. Still on the fence with this one.

stick with it....i think for people with cancer it is kinda hard to get into....or perhaps we all long to go rogue and do something like this.....but stick with it...

This season is a little weaker than one and two. Still interesting enough to keep me watching.

I never could get into Breaking Bad, I really don't like Sons of Anarchy either. Maybe too much violence for me. I can take a certain amount but then I have to get away from it. Even boxing, I can watch for about 5 minutes but then I'm out.

I did watch many seasons of Dexter tho so my theory about violence kind of went out the window.

The ONLY thing I connected with while watching Breaking Bad was when they did the "intervention". What he said resonated with me. A lot. Pay all that money, go thru all that agony, just to stay alive another year or two due to selfish people who KNOW he is going to die anyway because of the stage of the disease. And him not being the "man" in the family because his wife wears the pants...it just got to me when he folded.

This show depresses me. I slept wildly and had really bad dreams about rotting bodies, pus, puke, vomit, melting flesh, etc. So...I am done with it. I rated it 2 stars and dumped it. I want a more restful sleep tonight.

I don't think anyone will ever understand, unless they have heard, themselves, the "you have cancer". I know how he feels and get it, why he didn't want to do the treatments. I get it. So did his wacko sisterinlaw.

This season is a little weaker than one and two. Still interesting enough to keep me watching.

I never could get into Breaking Bad, I really don't like Sons of Anarchy either. Maybe too much violence for me. I can take a certain amount but then I have to get away from it. Even boxing, I can watch for about 5 minutes but then I'm out.

I did watch many seasons of Dexter tho so my theory about violence kind of went out the window.
I will not watch Dexter. But I hear ya about Sons Of Anarchy. I did watch it all the way thru but the only reason I did for so long was waiting for Gemma to die...and her getting her comeuppance. I hated her with a passion.

So...who has finished season 3 of House Of Cards?

Spoiler:
I didn't think Stamper would go thru with it...but he did. He's perfect as Franks second hand man. Both are two peas in a pod. Wackadoodles.
Claire? Sorry, but too late for me to feel any pity for her at all. She's a wackadoodle too.
I thought season 3 limped to a finish

They should have let Doug die at the end of season 2

Spoiler:
I didn't think Stamper would go thru with it...but he did. He's perfect as Franks second hand man. Both are two peas in a pod. Wackadoodles.
Claire? Sorry, but too late for me to feel any pity for her at all. She's a wackadoodle too.

I'm pretty much over Doug Stamper. He is an irritant. When they slide away from Frank and his shenanigans to dedicate a whole episode to Doug, they risk a lot. Nobody is interested in wackadoodle Doug and his obsessions.

Spoiler:

I'm pretty much over Doug Stamper. He is an irritant. When they slide away from Frank and his shenanigans to dedicate a whole episode to Doug, they risk a lot. Nobody is interested in wackadoodle Doug and his obsessions.
Rachel was a more interesting character

Mad Men. I don't get what it's supposed to be about? Sexually harassment at the workplace? Treating wives like garbage? Smoking up a storm? Good Ol Boy mentality? Biddies clucking at new neighbors?

I don't think I like it so far. On season 1, epi 4 and not impressed but my blood pressure sure has risen.

Season 5, Game of Thrones, April 12

"Lannister, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell — they're all just spokes in a wheel." Daenerys Targaryen's words open the action-packed second trailer of Game of Thrones Season Five with a promise to burn down the houses, one by one. While the first teaser for the upcoming episodes underlined the fact that "Justice has a price," this new clip previews the swordplay and bloodshed to come. Dragons, fire, glimpses of various battles and the sight of throats being slit flash by; apparently, winter is still coming for Jon Snow.

The network previously announced that Season Five will premiere April 12th. The new season will feature a dozen new characters, including the High Sparrow (played by Brazil actor Jonathan Pryce) and Doran Martell (played by Alexander Siddig). But a trio of familiar faces – Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead) and helpers Meera Reed (Ellie Kendrick) and Hodor (Kristian Nairn) – will not be involved in the new episodes.

After Nairn accidentally revealed the news last September, Game of Thrones showrunner David Benioff later explained that the characters' absence will be essential to the show's narrative.

Read more: Game of Thrones Season Five Trailer Bring on the Dragons Rolling Stone

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

I couldn't take any more of MadMen. Talk about a snoozefest. Ick.
Harry Hamlin was in that, he's kind of laid back for my taste. I never could get into Mad Men either.
BORING. I don't get it why it won so many awards. Maybe a snoozefest award.

If you like adventure movies based on true stories...do check out Kon Tiki. I was pleasantly surprised. And here all this time I thought Polynesia was "discovered" by hawaiians. Nope. Peru.

Wait a minute. Hawaii was "discovered" by Polynesia? Whatever. BOTH were originally inhabited by peruvians explorers1500 years ago. In a ...ready?..BALSAM WOOD raft. Balsa wood. Oy.

Forum List

Back