Net Stalkers

Lol..tell it to Maddie. She's the one who got all worked up and obviously thinks you're a hurting unit in need of defense.

My fondness for you is real, Allie. Given enough time, it can be a real friendship -- unless you think meeting on the net condemns us to be paper cut outs of one another forever.

There are a few people I would love to meet in real life. You're one; Jillian is another; there are others as well. I still recognize the nature of the internet and make it sure to keep one foot in the real world, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Admittedly I have only read the posts on page one, and this maybe too late to benefit anyone, but here is the California Penal Code definition of Stalking:

646.9 Stalking

(a) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or willfully and maliciously harasses another person and who makes a credible threat with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear for his or her safety, or the safety of his or her immediate family is guilty of the crime of stalking, punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year, or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

I have personal knowledge of many cases of stalking, two interesting ones are examples.

A woman noticed her toilet seat was in the up position, when this happened several times she called the police. They investigated and found nothing. This one 'clue' occured over several months, she would go to work and upon returning the only thing she would find disturbed was the seat up in the position a man might do when urninating.
Finally she convinced the local police to come again, and one officer decided to bring the dog. Almost immediately the dog found the intruder living in her attic, a former boy friend was arrested and convicted of stalking.
Another case involved an ex-husband living in the crawl space of his former wifes parents house. She had moved out and returned with their children to her parents home, a corner lot in a very nice residential area. This guy would hop the fence and enter the crawl space from the unsecured access and record conversatons.

Yes. 10 years worth of words. It got old. I got old. My skin got thinner with age. At least there. It was non stop.

My real identity isn't bonded to my virtual self. It's like acting.
In an ideal cyber world that would be the case with everyone. However we are all human and words can hurt. That we allow the words to hurt us is our own failing but to pretend that it can never happen just isn't realistic.

Of course it happens. When it does it's time to admit to our own failings and not blame words or the messenger.

Admittedly I have only read the posts on page one, and this maybe too late to benefit anyone, but here is the California Penal Code definition of Stalking:

646.9 Stalking

(a) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or willfully and maliciously harasses another person and who makes a credible threat with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear for his or her safety, or the safety of his or her immediate family is guilty of the crime of stalking, punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year, or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

I have personal knowledge of many cases of stalking, two interesting ones are examples.

A woman noticed her toilet seat was in the up position, when this happened several times she called the police. They investigated and found nothing. This one 'clue' occured over several months, she would go to work and upon returning the only thing she would find disturbed was the seat up in the position a man might do when urninating.
Finally she convinced the local police to come again, and one officer decided to bring the dog. Almost immediately the dog found the intruder living in her attic, a former boy friend was arrested and convicted of stalking.
Another case involved an ex-husband living in the crawl space of his former wifes parents house. She had moved out and returned with their children to her parents home, a corner lot in a very nice residential area. This guy would hop the fence and enter the crawl space from the unsecured access and record conversatons.

And this is why if somebody feels they are the victim of a real stalker, she should report it to law enforcement. Mods and admins on an anonymous message board are not going to save said person.

My real identity isn't bonded to my virtual self. It's like acting.
In an ideal cyber world that would be the case with everyone. However we are all human and words can hurt. That we allow the words to hurt us is our own failing but to pretend that it can never happen just isn't realistic.

Of course it happens. When it does it's time to admit to our own failings and not blame words or the messenger.

My, my, my, quite the little chest-thumper you are, dilloduck. Mere words can never hurt?

"I think your husband is cheating."

"You're fired."

"The tests came back positive. I'm so sorry."

"There's been an accident."

My, my, my, quite the little chest-thumper you are, dilloduck. Mere words can never hurt?

"You're fired."

And how are any of these remotely similar to somebody on an anonymous message board trolling to get a reaction out of you?

Last edited:
yeah, because heaven forbid cyber stalkers should be held responsible for *their* actions, eh dillo?

that would suck, huh?

Are they breaking a law ? Call the police. If someone disagrees with your posts ignore them.

This really is a litmus test. Those who favor Big Government solutions are, for the most part, siding with the Somebody Else Should Do Something modus operandi.

"You're fired."

read the part of my post where I said " of course it happens".

Besides--those words merely claim something happened. It's the event that hurts--not the words. You just posted them -- I read them and felt no pain.

yeah, because heaven forbid cyber stalkers should be held responsible for *their* actions, eh dillo?

that would suck, huh?

Are they breaking a law ? Call the police. If someone disagrees with your posts ignore them.

This really is a litmus test. Those who favor Big Government solutions are, for the most part, siding with the Somebody Else Should Do Something modus operandi.

true---law enforcement doesn't exist to keep you from being afraid of the boogey man.

646.9 Stalking

That's some scary shit!
If you ever want the pants scared off of you and you have the desire to start fearing crazy random acts of violence, I suggest "I Survived" or "Live to Tell". Horrible, random acts of violence and disaster that will give you flipping nightmares.

This scenario reminds me of those shows...

On a forum I once posted at this guy, let's call him Beavis, claimed this other guy, let's call him Butthead, was stalking him. Beavis collected all kinds of information on Butthead including screen shots of any forum interactions they had, his picture, even his address.

As far as I could tell the only interaction Butthead had was Beavis was on a public messageboard. So it seemed extremely unlikely that there was any stalking going on from Butthead.

In fact I do believe if a determination were made, Beavis would be judged the stalker.

On a forum I once posted at this guy, let's call him Beavis, claimed this other guy, let's call him Butthead, was stalking him. Beavis collected all kinds of information on Butthead including screen shots of any forum interactions they had, his picture, even his address.

As far as I could tell the only interaction Butthead had was Beavis was on a public messageboard. So it seemed extremely unlikely that there was any stalking going on from Butthead.

In fact I do believe if a determination were made, Beavis would be judged the stalker.

Should Beavis be jailed ?

If he doesn't cause any actual harm, no. But he should be reviled and ridiculed by all.

On those facts, no. Merely collecting screen shots and whining is no one's idea of a crime. But hey, give the lawmakers time.

If he doesn't cause any actual harm, no. But he should be reviled and ridiculed by all.

Can I just write him off as a loon and move on ?

If Beavis posted PI, then he should have been banned. That is almost always a permaban offense of decently managed forums.

Forum List

Back