Net Stalkers

If Beavis posted PI, then he should have been banned. That is almost always a permaban offense of decently managed forums.

So maintaining one's anonymity is the ultimate goal ?

If your Goal in Life is to Throw Shit around Anonymously on the Interwebs...

Which is the Goal of some Stains...

Sad as that is.

:)

peace...

God forbid anyone should be linked to their anonymous musings. :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Sad as that is.

peace...

God forbid anyone should be linked to their anonymous musings. :lol:

Almost everyone has been...

Scratch that... Even without posting pics or personal info on their own, they have been... :thup:

Give that some Thought the next time you post. ;)

Not you Personally, of course.

peace...

If Beavis posted PI, then he should have been banned. That is almost always a permaban offense of decently managed forums.

That depends upon the individual. If someone wishes to post his real identity, that is his own business. But if somebody is regged under a fake name, then somebody else outing him is bad form.

On a forum I once posted at this guy, let's call him Beavis, claimed this other guy, let's call him Butthead, was stalking him. Beavis collected all kinds of information on Butthead including screen shots of any forum interactions they had, his picture, even his address.

As far as I could tell the only interaction Butthead had was Beavis was on a public messageboard. So it seemed extremely unlikely that there was any stalking going on from Butthead.

In fact I do believe if a determination were made, Beavis would be judged the stalker.

Should Beavis be jailed ?
If he doesn't cause any actual harm, no. But he should be reviled and ridiculed by all.

Yay, Ravi, you'll make a fundamentalist nutjob yet! Because that's essentially "shunning" and is a time-honored tradition of all backwards cultures! Thanks for advocating!

My favorite "I hate you and will make your life miserable on the net" movie is "Changing Lanes".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VFbiLB8I6Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VFbiLB8I6Q[/ame]

Should Beavis be jailed ?
If he doesn't cause any actual harm, no. But he should be reviled and ridiculed by all.

Yay, Ravi, you'll make a fundamentalist nutjob yet! Because that's essentially "shunning" and is a time-honored tradition of all backwards cultures! Thanks for advocating!
You mean "forward" cultures just throw people in prison or that they just look the other way at bad behavior?

O, I think Robin Williams is genius as a bad guy. Did you see "Insomnia"?

Okay, another "I hate you and will fuck up your life on the net" movie:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46qKHq7REI4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46qKHq7REI4[/ame]

Robin Williams, is a consumate actor. I've always loved his work... unless he starts doing political comedy.

One Hour Photo... CREEEEEPYYYYYY!!!!!

Insomnia... pretty damn weird!

Sad as that is.

peace...

actually, people have every right to be as open or as anonymous as THEY wish. and even here it's a permaban offense.

i hope that helps.

So, if I voluntarily join fubar and attract a murdering sociopath as a stalker, that's on me, boedicca?

any idiot who thinks that also thinks if you wear a short skirt, you deserve to be raped.

no one should stalk anyone else. and yes, there should be a response if someone does. if it rises to the level of criminal stalking, there are laws that cover that.

equating following someone around on a message board to rape ? :lol:

no?

have trouble reading?

yeah, because heaven forbid cyber stalkers should be held responsible for *their* actions, eh dillo?

that would suck, huh?

Are they breaking a law ? Call the police. If someone disagrees with your posts ignore them.

no one's talking about that.

twisting in the wind there, dillo.

or is it that you're afraid to be responsible for your own behavior?

Sad as that is.

peace...

actually, people have every right to be as open or as anonymous as THEY wish. and even here it's a permaban offense.

i hope that helps.

I Know People can and are Cowards and Assholes who Hide behind the Internets...

Fuck em.

How are you, Jillian?...

peace...

Forum List

Back