Nelson Mandela's Example and Why We Should Follow It

We have always bickered over politics, sometimes bitterly. It's our way.

You know, I just thought of something. It's frankly a rather disturbing realization I came to. Nelson Mandela practiced something that we as Americans embroiled in politics and political parties are at the moment incapable of. Forgiveness. His enemy was racial segregation, not other human beings. His goal was freedom and equality, not the ruination of his rivals. Unlike us, he didn't let his party run him or speak for him, he spoke for a peoples united in a great cause. He wasn't just a politician, he was a leader.

While racial segregation ended here in America nearly 50 years ago, a new form of segregation is taking root. I see Democrats and Republicans labeling each other or stereotyping each other simply because of their political ideals. Instead of just black and white, it's also red versus blue. Mandela united a nation all by his lonesome. We as hundreds of millions of individuals cannot be united on any single given day. Instead, we are being taught to despise fellow countrymen for their beliefs, their backgrounds or their race. Not since 9/11 have we ever been truly united.

Our political system has engendered within us each a deep seated hatred of one another, making unity in America an impossible feat to accomplish. Nelson Mandela didn't see enemies, he saw opportunities. Whereas opposed to us, who seemingly see opportunities to make enemies. Mandela sought the chance to kindle understanding among his own people. Conversely, such understanding here in America is lost to petty political infighting in a supposedly united nation.

In a figurative sense, a sort of Apartheid has taken root here. On top of our petty political infighting, we seem to be doing the very same thing Mandela fought against with every fiber of his being. Racism. I don't really know if it has ended in America or not, to be honest. Because in the political world, someone's race can be his strength or his weakness. On this board, I see many examples of it daily. Normally, the merit of a man's ideas were what made him. Not his race, nor where he came from. How pathetic are we, that we as a nation can have our own principles of freedom, unity, and equality so easily demonstrated to us by a nation across the sea?

Perhaps we have it all wrong, maybe we should follow his example, Mandela's example. Call him a terrorist, or a hero if you like. Regardless, he taught the world to be free, again. Perhaps his example will help lead America back to what made it the land of the free, and home of the brave. Perhaps my friends, we can shed the chains of political bondage and learn to forgive again. Mandela once said, "If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner." To me that's unity; a unity we so often lack. He also was quoted as saying "If there are dreams about a beautiful South Africa, there are also roads that lead to their goal. Two of these roads could be named Goodness and Forgiveness." To me, that signifies that the capacity for forgiveness and understanding still exists in the hearts of men.

TK's main points are the truth folks. this is what we need to do. we have become so divisive in this great nation that we rarely have civil discussions about politics anymore. you're a nazi, you're a reactionary....etc..

we can do better. we should and must come together and continue to make this country great. we will never always agree on everything, we are a republic, we have a vote, we have a voice, let us exercise that voice in a responsible manner. in a manner you would treat your neighbor. not your enemy. the longer we continue to treat each other as enemies, the sooner we become enemies of the ideals of this great country.

we can disagree, but we are not enemies. we are a society and we must work together to keep this great country............great.

Brilliant!

You know, I just thought of something. It's frankly a rather disturbing realization I came to. Nelson Mandela practiced something that we as Americans embroiled in politics and political parties are at the moment incapable of. Forgiveness. His enemy was racial segregation, not other human beings. His goal was freedom and equality, not the ruination of his rivals. Unlike us, he didn't let his party run him or speak for him, he spoke for a peoples united in a great cause. He wasn't just a politician, he was a leader.

While racial segregation ended here in America nearly 50 years ago, a new form of segregation is taking root. I see Democrats and Republicans labeling each other or stereotyping each other simply because of their political ideals. Instead of just black and white, it's also red versus blue.

And female v male...the gender war.

Ah yes, ANC Mandela and his legacy, ...ANC ruled South Africa...and the "Kill the farmer, kill the Boer" genocoding of Whites.

All this 'racial harmony' tripe is just a great big load of BS.

Mandela is dead.

Now the Whites get massacred in even greater numbers?
They should arm themselves to the teeth and massacre right back as many Black thugs/killers as possible as they get slaughtered themselves.

Mandela's passing and the looming threat of a race war against South Africa's whites as a widow mourns the latest murdered white farmer, a chilling dispatch from a nation holding its breath | Mail Online

Mandela's passing and the looming threat of a race war against South Africa's whites. As a widow mourns the latest murdered Afrikaner farmer, a chilling dispatch from a nation holding its breath

. Roelof du Plessis, 46 shot on his farm outside Pretoria by gang of black intruders
. Fears rise that killings are part of a systematic bid to drive white people out of South Africa
. President Jacob Zuma known to sing 'struggle song' about killing white Afrikaners

When I arrived at the farm on Thursday and was invited in by Mrs du Plessis, I found her with blood still caked under her fingernails after she’d cradled her dying husband.
‘He was shot through the lungs and I was doing CPR,’ she told me, between huge sobs. ‘He said “please go and fetch the car and take me to hospital”. But he was too badly hurt and he died in my arms.’
In the morning, when white friends from neighbouring farms followed the trail of the raiders, they discovered the men had carefully cut through fences and skirted areas with security patrols — suggesting how closely they had planned their route of attack.
‘It is definitely coming down to a race thing,’ Laura du Plessis told me as she was comforted by her family. ‘They hate white people. We have never had a fight with any black people. I always stop and give others a lift. We employ black people.
‘My husband fought for me. I am grateful that he wasn’t tied up and forced to watch me being raped before he was killed. He was an amazing man. He was my life.’

At a centenary gathering of the African National Congress last year, Zuma was filmed singing a so-called ‘struggle song’ called Kill The Boer (the old name for much of the white Afrikaner population).

As fellow senior ANC members clapped along, Zuma sang: ‘We are going to shoot them, they are going to run, Shoot the Boer, shoot them, they are going to run, Shoot the Boer, we are going to hit them, they are going to run, the Cabinet will shoot them, with the machine-gun, the Cabinet will shoot them, with the machine-gun .?.?.’

#####

Whites should not go outside, but instead turn their homes into fortresses with machine guns at every window[turned into merely small holes in concrete walls], swivel machine guns in every room, and mow down the intruders.
Assault rifles are also great for blowing the gangbangers away as they invade your apartment/home.
...all shown in the movie 'Renegade Justice" starring Steven Seagal.

Last edited:
Ah yes, ANC Mandela and his legacy, ...ANC ruled South Africa...and the "Kill the farmer, kill the Boer" genocoding of Whites.

Mandela is dead.

They should arm themselves to the teeth and massacre right back as many Black thugs/killers as possible as they get slaughtered themselves.

Mandela's passing and the looming threat of a race war against South Africa's whites as a widow mourns the latest murdered white farmer, a chilling dispatch from a nation holding its breath | Mail Online

Mandela's passing and the looming threat of a race war against South Africa's whites. As a widow mourns the latest murdered Afrikaner farmer, a chilling dispatch from a nation holding its breath

. Roelof du Plessis, 46 shot on his farm outside Pretoria by gang of black intruders
. Fears rise that killings are part of a systematic bid to drive white people out of South Africa
. President Jacob Zuma known to sing 'struggle song' about killing white Afrikaners

When I arrived at the farm on Thursday and was invited in by Mrs du Plessis, I found her with blood still caked under her fingernails after she’d cradled her dying husband.
‘He was shot through the lungs and I was doing CPR,’ she told me, between huge sobs. ‘He said “please go and fetch the car and take me to hospital”. But he was too badly hurt and he died in my arms.’
In the morning, when white friends from neighbouring farms followed the trail of the raiders, they discovered the men had carefully cut through fences and skirted areas with security patrols — suggesting how closely they had planned their route of attack.
‘It is definitely coming down to a race thing,’ Laura du Plessis told me as she was comforted by her family. ‘They hate white people. We have never had a fight with any black people. I always stop and give others a lift. We employ black people.
‘My husband fought for me. I am grateful that he wasn’t tied up and forced to watch me being raped before he was killed. He was an amazing man. He was my life.’

At a centenary gathering of the African National Congress last year, Zuma was filmed singing a so-called ‘struggle song’ called Kill The Boer (the old name for much of the white Afrikaner population).

As fellow senior ANC members clapped along, Zuma sang: ‘We are going to shoot them, they are going to run, Shoot the Boer, shoot them, they are going to run, Shoot the Boer, we are going to hit them, they are going to run, the Cabinet will shoot them, with the machine-gun, the Cabinet will shoot them, with the machine-gun .?.?.’

#####

Whites should not go outside, but instead turn their homes into fortresses with machine guns at every window[turned into merely small holes in concrete walls], swivel machine guns in every room, and mow down the intruders.
Assault rifles are also great for blowing the gangbangers away as they invade your apartment/home.

Your point? Jacob Zuma would be doing great harm to the message Mandela had spread throughout South Africa if he were indeed participating in these types of atrocities.

To the OP...

First to compare the US to South Africa is just plain silly.

Secondly, what made Mandella a true leader was that he was a PRAGMATIST.

He realized that when the whites finally did give up power, he still needed them. They were the technicians and the investors and the last thing he needed was for them to pack up and flee to Europe or Australia or the United States.

So it wasn't so much about "forgiveness" as it was about pragmatism.

You have some very valid points here. Mandela himself (whom I consider a great person) said that he was pragmatic. But, he was also a kind and gentle soul, and the world needs more people like him of many different races.

Kind and gentle soul! Where did you get that? Nelson Mandela was a terrorist.He was on the terrorist list in the US for decades. He will go down in history as the inventor of the Mandela Necklace. He was a brutal killer. If he was gentled it was because of 27 years in prison got his brutality out of him.

Until he got old and we decided to sanitize history.

MANDELA PRESSURED SCOTLAND TO RELEASE LOCKERBIE BOMBER
Said he felt Libyan had suffered injustice – should serve sentence in Muslim country

Read more at Mandela pressured Scotland to release Lockerbie bomber

mandela originally aligned himself with the African National Congress a Communist revolutionary group heavily influenced and financed by Zionist Jews.

Mandela.jpg

mandela would execute and torture people by igniting a rubber tire filled with petrol that they forced over their chests and arms. The practice referred to as necklacing would typically take the victim over 15 minutes to die in certain cases. Hundreds of executions using this method were carried out by mandela and the ANC.

Morbid Images are prohibited from being posted - links may be posted with a warning of "Graphic Image". Image has been deleted.

Winnie_y_NelsonMandela_con_Joe_Slovo.jpg

Mandela with his Commie handlers

OK all you liberal American commies chime in i want to read your refutation of the truth about this commie SOB :up: ... :lmao:

Sigh, and some of you are the reason I became a libertarian.. deltex, Katz, he who shall not be named, and Wildman for example. Liberals and Conservatives act in similar ways. They spout off without first looking for the facts.

Anyways, can anyone explain why he was put on the terrorist list?

Perhaps if you knew why, you would stop calling him a terrorist and get with the program.

South Africa’s apartheid regime designated Mandela’s African National Congress (ANC) as a terrorist organization for its resistance to the nation’s legalized system of racial segregation that lasted from 1948 to 1994. President George W. Bush signed a bill removing Mandela and the ANC from the Terror watchlist in 2008.

Even then Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice acknowledged the mistake of keeping the ANC and Mandela on the list, stating the it was a "rather embarrassing matter that I still have to waive in my own counterpart, the foreign minister of South Africa, not to mention the great leader Nelson Mandela."

The bill Bush signed, H.R. 5690, was proposed by Democrat Howard L. Berman.

And some called Jesus a terrorist...after looking into the facts...and then they crucified Him...damned libertarians....:lol

Jesus represented a threat to the established Roman society.

There was precedent for Jews getting crucified.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with Nelson's "terrorist status" though.

The OP is a really good post, by the by. Well said, TK.

So many people missing the point though. It's unfortunate.

Mandela is dead.

#####

Your point? Jacob Zuma would be doing great harm to the message Mandela had spread throughout South Africa if he were indeed participating in these types of atrocities.

Don't know what else you'd call it;

My point?

All this fawning over Mandela and the ANC is ridiculous...and wrong.

Where are Obama and all the Hollywood types speaking out against the genociding of White people in South Africa/Africa?

Yes, the brutal torture and murdering of Whites and their children in Africa/South Africa.
Most of the world is probably cheering it all.
Why else would they be silent about it?

The YouTube videos of all the raping, raping with objects, all the horror, torture, murdering of White women, White men, and their White children are too graphic to post here.

Obviously there's a race war going on in the world today, and I must stand with the Whites.
The sooner Obama and co leave office the better...their agendas are perfectly clear.

I will not be signing any condolence book for ANC Mandela's death...nor ever donating one cent to Africa etc...in protest.

Yes, the brutal torture and murdering of Whites and their children in Africa/South Africa.
Most of the world is probably cheering it all.
Why else would they be silent about it?

The YouTube videos of all the raping, raping with objects, all the horror, torture, murdering of White women, White men, and their White children are too graphic to post here.

Obviously there's a race war going on in the world today, and I must stand with the Whites.
The sooner Obama and co leave office the better...their agendas are perfectly clear.

I will not be signing any condolence book for ANC Mandela's death...nor ever donating one cent to Africa etc...in protest.

The last people to beat their breast over the plight of blacks are Americans.

Forum List

Back