Zone1 Need DESCRIPTIVE titles people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
This is already common knowledge. It's part of the policy in the Clean Start Announcement. Members and mods need to SEARCH for topics and key words. The system needs to INDEX titles for search as well.

Include an ACTUAL description of the topic adhering to Clean Start. We MAY start closing threads on members that have a chronic problem with this.

Thanks for being good citizens. :wink: (that's most of you on any given day).

This is already common knowledge. It's part of the policy in the Clean Start Announcement. Members and mods need to SEARCH for topics and key words. The system needs to INDEX titles for search as well.

Include an ACTUAL description of the topic adhering to Clean Start. We MAY start closing threads on members that have a chronic problem with this.

1660798083638.png

I don't understand what good citizen means.

Could you be more descriptive?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

That's an old rule Flacc. At least 2-3 years?! Still, I see 10-20 threads here a day whose titles give no idea what the topic is! They should all be closed down.

Mods used to police every new thread and read the first two pages too for topical adherence.

My threads always adhered to that rule religiously but then I got slapped down one day and my thread moved or closed for misspelling a word in the OP so I stopped creating new threads.

Problem solved.

Mods used to police every new thread and read the first two pages too for topical adherence.
Some are too busy insulting members to pay that much attention to new threads. Ask Tazfuck. He's really good at it. As well as insulting high paying donators. I guess he thinks that makes him feel speshul.

Other than that..yeah. Knowing what one is clicking on in a new thread is a good thing. AND the first post by the op showing WHERE the link is instead of just highlighting "HERE". Laziness.

instead of just highlighting "HERE". Laziness.
Inserting a hyperlink behind a "HERE" actually takes more work. True, the software now generally yields a source provided blurb for the potential reader to preview before clicking rather than just say.. "https:/en.wikipedia/blahblah.." which itself could simply mask a false hyperlink.. same as one behind a "HERE" might. Point being, neither amounts to laziness and it remains entirely the reader's responsibility to assess the legitimacy of any link they opt to open either way, including maintaining some good virus/malware/privacy protection for whenever they inevitably screw up and click on a bad link.

I suggest a one size fits all, truth in advertising thread title to help with the descriptive nature of a variety of posts.

"I am a mindless partisan, and the only thing I know in this whole, wide world is what team I am on. The entire reason for this post is to make sure everybody knows what team I am on and to malign the other team so thoroughly that they respond in kind."

To be fair, editorializing thread titles has always been the weakest link of the board.

Some are too busy insulting members to pay that much attention to new threads. Ask Tazfuck. He's really good at it. As well as insulting high paying donators. I guess he thinks that makes him feel speshul.
Other than that..yeah. Knowing what one is clicking on in a new thread is a good thing. AND the first post by the op showing WHERE the link is instead of just highlighting "HERE". Laziness.

Well Gracie, don't be offended by anyone, doing so just then confirms that you think they are intelligent enough to have an opinion that matters. Personally, while I generally like most mods here even if they don't always agree with me and really hold no animus towards any of them because I know what a difficult job they really have dealing with many of the dreck they allow here, one failing I see in Xenforo I wish would be corrected is that if mods are going to step out of their moderator roles to post opinions here as just a member, then Xenforo ought to be able to distinguish between them being "On" and "off" duty, allowing the normal IGNORE tool to work blocking their "off duty" opinion posts should members so choose to want to. Maybe something senior mods and Admins can look into if possible.

One way might be to have two accounts as mod/member where their mod account proper is used only for moderation, and the other account just for posting personal stuff when off duty. But from the bits and pieces I've gathered here, even if possible, they might need mods "on duty" anytime and all the time they are here reading.

After all, being a mod shouldn't also mean you have the uniquely unfair ability to ram your personal opinions down other people's throats whether they want them nor not, especially if they are going to insult people.

I am about to do what most liberals never do and can't comprehend these words in a sentence: I have issues with this sometimes I admit. You're right, I'm wrong. (It's true, I DO have problems with finding the perfect title at times, I just figured that this would also be the opportunity to address the fact that most liberals can NEVER admit when they're wrong because they don't believe they ever are.)

I am about to do what most liberals never do and can't comprehend these words in a sentence: I have issues with this sometimes I admit. You're right, I'm wrong. (It's true, I DO have problems with finding the perfect title at times, I just figured that this would also be the opportunity to address the fact that most liberals can NEVER admit when they're wrong because they don't believe they ever are.)

I think a lot of people on these forums refuse to admit when they are wrong. With lots of them the fact that they stop arguing is the best you will get.

That is why I try to post my respect when someone does say "I was wrong".

That's an old rule Flacc. At least 2-3 years?! Still, I see 10-20 threads here a day whose titles give no idea what the topic is! They should all be closed down.

We get new members. And some old ones that think they're writing for a tabloid.

We DO watch new threads. But we never stick around for the posts to roll in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back