nearly Free Motherboard

I don't know the difference between ordering from tigerdirect.com or tigerdirect.ca - but I've been buying stuff from tiger for years and have never had a problem.

I've bought media, hard drives, motherboards, complete systems, video cards, cd writers... I know my brother and Dad have bought plenty from them as well. I also have had nothing but good luck in replacements when necessary (One DOA replaced immediately). My brother just bought a digital cam from them this week and is quite pleased with the deal he got.

What happened with you that you don't like tiger, newguy?

And why don't you like Soyo? I can't vouch for that exact MB, but Soyo has some top rated MB's out there.

Not disagreeing with you, just curious what has soured you!

(At least with the boxcar loads we get in California) Most of the boards by Soyo tend to have problems with BIOS or caps that blow. IRQ sharing always caused headaches.

Granted, I havent bought any in about a year, and they may be a whole lot better now, but I never had good luck.

Tiger direct was fairly new when I dealt with them. I dealt with them off and on for a year or so when they were only a couple years old. I got stuff that was supposed to be new and it wasn't. I would get damaged stuff, stuff not wrapped properly and dirty parts.

Basically, it was like the flea market experience.

The last motherboard I was satisfied with was the Abit boards a year or 2 back.

I haven't bought any recently.

Originally posted by NewGuy
I got stuff that was supposed to be new and it wasn't.

Although I never experienced this, I must admit that it has happened to my friend. They ultimately replaced the item but I guess that would leave one wondering. Their response was that the person who took the order entered the wrong sku number.

My experience has been great thus far. Their prices are some of the best on the market.

Anyway, back to the original post. How could you go wrong for $9.98!!?? I may have to try it out just for the hell of it. You get what you pay for so I'll just expect the worst.

Forum List

Back