Nearly 1 in 5 Obamacare waivers go to restaurants, nightclubs, hotels in Pelosi

IF you actually READ what I just posted, then you would understand there are logical and adult reasons for the waivers. What do you need me to explain to you. I completely understand it, WHY don't you understand it? Did you even READ it??

So, you're unable or unwilling to admit the fact that Obamacare is simply a bad law.

Hello...is anybody home? This one is so simple and straight forward that it totally exposes that YOU are a moron and an avid swallower.

I'll give you an example: If a law was passed today that every bridge in America had to exceed a particular load bearing limit, would all the bridges in America be fixed and safe by the next day?

READ the fucking explanation, you are making a total ass out of yourself.

It's really a simple concept:

If the law was written competently, waivers would not be required.

...or do I need to use smaller words?

IF you actually READ what I just posted, then you would understand there are logical and adult reasons for the waivers. What do you need me to explain to you. I completely understand it, WHY don't you understand it? Did you even READ it??

So, you're unable or unwilling to admit the fact that Obamacare is simply a bad law.

Are you unable or unwilling to accept the fact that a overhaul of this magnitude can't happen overnight? How fast should health exchanges be set up? In your expert opinion.

Are you unable or unwilling to accept the fact that a overhaul of this magnitude can't happen overnight? How fast should health exchanges be set up? In your expert opinion.

"overhaul"? :lol::lol::lol: clusterfuck is more descriptive. We still remember how it all went down. Don't we? Yes we do.

Yes, it's impossible for it to happen overnight. So why did Democrats insist it had to?

Democrats screwed up healthcare reform, and you're mad at me. :lol:

Yes, it's impossible for it to happen overnight. So why did Democrats insist it had to?

No one insisted that it happen overnight. It CAN'T happen overnight. Just like every bridge in America can't be fixed overnight just because a law is passed. These are things adults understand, but you don't understand. So either you are a child or a moron...which is it?

The great French Marshall Lyautey once asked his gardener to plant a tree. The gardener objected that the tree was slow growing and would not reach maturity for 100 years. The Marshall replied, 'In that case, there is no time to lose; plant it this afternoon!'
President John F. Kennedy

No one insisted that it happen overnight. It CAN'T happen overnight. Just like every bridge in America can't be fixed overnight just because a law is passed. These are things adults understand, but you don't understand. So either you are a child or a moron...which is it?

The great French Marshall Lyautey once asked his gardener to plant a tree. The gardener objected that the tree was slow growing and would not reach maturity for 100 years. The Marshall replied, 'In that case, there is no time to lose; plant it this afternoon!'
No one insisted it can happen overnight? Nonsense. Pelosi said we have to pass the law to find out what's in it.

Democrats are incompetent. You should stop voting for them, because you're part of the problem.

Ok, this is where you show us where anyone said this would be an overnight fix. Just go ahead and link to the portion of the legislation that said such a thing. We'll wait.

No one insisted it can happen overnight? Nonsense. Pelosi said we have to pass the law to find out what's in it.

Democrats are incompetent. You should stop voting for them, because you're part of the problem.

Ok, link us to where Pelosi said this legislation would be implemented fully and completely overnight.

This is where you toss more insults and provide no proof. Go!

"You need to vote on it to find out what's in it"

Maybe you tools on the left can explain how this is a good law since we are now seeing Obama's friends being exempted from a law that is being forced everyone else in the nation.

Weird how Daveman shuts up when asked for a little bit of evidence. Is that what it means to be a "Proud Conservative"?

Ok, link us to where Pelosi said this legislation would be implemented fully and completely overnight.

In context, this is what Pelosi actually said.

Breitbart.tv » Nancy Pelosi: We Need to Pass Health Care Bill to Find Out What’s In It

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy. Furthermore, we believe that health care reform, again I said at the beginning of my remarks, that we sent the three pillars that the President’s economic stabilization and job creation initiatives were education and innovation—innovation begins in the classroom—clean energy and climate, addressing the climate issues in an innovative way to keep us number one and competitive in the world with the new technology, and the third, first among equals I may say, is health care, health insurance reform."
--------------------------------------------------------

Still all Politics aside, we should know what is in any Bill or Treaty before Signed and Ratified.

We should be concerned with both Diet and Diabetes, not either/or.

We can do more than brainwash our kids with misinformation, the flavor of the day. ;)

We are not focused at all on reducing cost, but herding everyone into the same corral.

I am surprised these right wing ideologues would want to post this stuff, because once you get to the bottom of it, you see why this bill was needed. It shines a bright light on the scurrilous insurance cartels who they worship. They will never understand that there is a built in conflict between health care and for profit insurance. Health care will never fit a 'free market' model. The best that can be crafted is laws that limit the cartel's death panels...Insurance cartels are not in the health care business. They are in the profit business, and the best way to increase profit is to collect premiums and find ways NOT to pay claims.

In context, this is what Pelosi actually said.

Breitbart.tv » Nancy Pelosi: We Need to Pass Health Care Bill to Find Out What’s In It

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy. Furthermore, we believe that health care reform, again I said at the beginning of my remarks, that we sent the three pillars that the President’s economic stabilization and job creation initiatives were education and innovation—innovation begins in the classroom—clean energy and climate, addressing the climate issues in an innovative way to keep us number one and competitive in the world with the new technology, and the third, first among equals I may say, is health care, health insurance reform."
--------------------------------------------------------

Still all Politics aside, we should know what is in any Bill or Treaty before Signed and Ratified.

We should be concerned with both Diet and Diabetes, not either/or.

We can do more than brainwash our kids with misinformation, the flavor of the day. ;)

We are not focused at all on reducing cost, but herding everyone into the same corral.

Thanks for posting. Nowhere in there does she even hint that this would be a implemented overnight, like Daveman is suggesting. Hence why he refuses to post any evidence...because it doesn't exist.

You know, we can have different opinions, ideas and solutions, but when we have different facts, someone is lying and that person is being lied to by it's sources. Throughout the whole health care debate the right continually spewed what have been proven to be lies. WHEN will you folks begin to question the sources you get those lies from?

The need for waivers is necessary because the full law has not been implemented, AND...

Employers who hire lower wage, part time or seasonal workers are more likely to offer limited benefit plans. Retail or chain restaurant employers frequently offer limited benefit plans that contain less comprehensive coverage and annual dollar limits on how much workers can receive in health coverage. The premiums for these limited benefit policies (known as mini-meds) are significantly lower than for policies with comprehensive coverage and are more affordable for lower wage workers and their families. In exchange for the low premiums, these policies generally come with high deductibles and annual dollar caps as low as $2,000. In addition, in many cases, employees are paying the full cost of the insurance policy, with no help from their employer.

The good news is that mini-meds will be eliminated in 2014, thanks to provisions that phase out insurance companies’ use of annual limits between now and 2014. The “phase out” has already begun to kick in, and in 2014 when annual limits are completely eliminated, consumers be able to purchase health insurance in state-based Exchanges -- new competitive marketplaces – where consumers and small businesses can shop for private coverage and will have the market power similar to large employers.

The bad news is that today mini-meds are often the only affordable option for many low-wage workers because retail and chain restaurants rarely offer their workers options beyond these plans. And because mini-meds are built around annual limits, estimates from employers and insurers indicate that beginning the phase out of annual limits this year would cause mini-med premiums to rise by more than 200 percent, forcing employers to drop coverage and sending many low-wage workers to purchase insurance on the more expensive individual insurance market, where they would get an even worse deal than what they have today. The result would be a whole new population of uninsured Americans.

To ensure that we protect the coverage that these workers have today until better options are available for them in 2014, the law allows HHS, in extreme cases, to issue temporary waivers from the phase out of annual limits. There are some important facts to remember about these temporary waivers:

The waivers only apply to one provision of the law – the provisions phasing out annual limits. Insurance companies and employers that receive waivers must comply with all other parts of the Affordable Care Act.

The waivers last one year. Insurance companies must reapply for the waivers each year between now and 2014 when annual limits on coverage will be completely prohibited and individuals will have more affordable and better private insurance choices in the competitive Exchange markets.

All employers and insurers that offer mini-med plans may apply for a waiver if they demonstrate that there will be large increases in premiums or a significant decrease in access to coverage without a waiver. You can read a list of employers and insurers that have received waivers here.

HHS also took an additional step to ensure these workers know more about mini-med policies and the limited coverage they may be buying. The Administration is requiring the issuers of limited benefit plans to notify consumers in plain language that their plan offers extremely limited benefits and direct them to Home | HealthCare.gov, where they may be able to find better coverage options. The Administration has also restricted the sale of new mini-med policies, except under some limited circumstances. You can read more about this new announcement here.

Did you ever stop to consider the reason waivers are required is that it's a poorly-crafted law, rushed onto the books? We had to pass the law to find out what's in it!

The Democrats who put this steaming pile together are utterly incompetent.

When will you begin to question your leadership instead of blindly swallowing what they give you?

The logical and adult reason is rather simple.

The law, as written, is unenforceable. Even the administration realizes that, which is why they are granting waivers left and right to all the companies that cannot meet the demand. The only alternative would be to force them to take it to court and allow a judge to force them to do it, which would kill Obamacare faster. By granting waivers they deny these companies standing to sue.

You can sugar coat that as much as you want, but that is the adult reason for the waivers. The claptrap you posted was the special partisan hack version, AKA the children's version.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM"]YouTube - Classic Movie Line #15[/ame]

Not everyone. Just a majority of the people in this thread...on this topic at least.

Yet you, who want to put yourself above those people, are less likely to engage in debate than any of them when presented with facts that refute your position.

Yet no one has posted any "facts" that refute anything. All you people do it post crap you think is or will happen which has no basis in reality.

You and I have been through this before when you claimed Harry Reid was phishing peoples personal information. I learned then there is no point in trying to discuss things with you. Your screen name is fitting.

I don't post facts for you because of your historic tend to ignore facts. I simply use logic to refute your position and point out the flaws. I find it is the easiest way to deal with hacks. On this issue, you are a hack,

Then why write a single law that essentially did just that? Why are you defending something you just admitted is impossible?

They are mad at us because we insist on telling them the truth. I agree with Christie, get mad at the people who lied to you, not the one telling you the truth for the first time in your life.

Forum List

Back