Nearly 1 in 5 Obamacare waivers go to restaurants, nightclubs, hotels in Pelosi

Color me shocked!!

Pelosi's district?/ The queen of Obamacare??

I'm so surprised.

Let me guess she didn't read it even after voting for it.

So what do you leftest pukes think? I thought the idea was that EVERYONE needed to be in the scheme for the "obama" rape the nation health care to work.

If that's the case why so many exemptions from something that EVERYONE is supposed to be a part of.

Who would've predicted a new big government program would be inefficient and taken advantage of, when none of the other ones are????

Crazy!!!!!

Cant you find some respectable sources.

The daily caller is tucker carlsons rag and the other thing is a blog.

Im jnot buying any of your numbers until you provide a decent source

I just finished reading a commentary that concludes with:

The world of Obamacare is no place for the little guy.

The danger of waiver power is that it will be used differentially, giving one private entity a competitive advantage over another. The company denied a waiver can bring suit -- but litigation is expensive and slow.

Additionally, companies may fear government retaliation: "It is no accident that it is often public-interest groups or patient groups that take on the FDA, for instance. It is simply too risky for a pharmaceutical company with multiple applications before the agency to challenge one action if it is vulnerable to a government-induced slowdown on another," writes Epstein.

Nor have the courts been particularly solicitous of those who challenge the regulatory state. Epstein observes with regret that "Most judges evince great faith in the administrative state, so that the abuse of discretion that lies at the heart of the waiver problem is, to them, a matter best sorted out by administrative expertise -- a perpetually overestimated pool of wisdom."

Because there are so few avenues of recourse when we live under a government by waiver, we are forced, as Epstein warns, to trust in the good judgment of bureaucrats and elected officials: "The fate of our rights and liberties is left to the wisdom and discretion of individuals; we are therefore governed by men, not by laws."

In Marbury v. Madison, Justice Marshall wrote: "The government of the United States has been emphatically termed a government of laws, and not of men. It will certainly cease to deserve this high appellation if the laws furnish no remedy for the violation of a vested legal right." It will also cease to deserve that "high appellation" if we submit to the unreviewable discretion of agencies.

RealClearPolitics - Wielding Waivers as Weapons

Waivers to ObamaCare are a modern day equivalent of Catholic Church Indulgences...and anyone who respects The Constitution and the Rule of Law should be appalled.

Personally I think Everyone should get an open ended Waiver. This waiver is a Colossal Monument to the Effectiveness of Obama Care. I make it a motion to to rename the Waiver the Scott's-Charmin Waiver or the Tidy-Bowl Waiver. Clearly we all need protection from Obama-Care. Come to think of it... The Trojan-Ramses Waiver could be more appropriate. How about the Fuck Yea Count Me In Waiver?

This is what is amazing about this... Most of these Government Programs are not bad in theory, it's the fact that abuse takes over, bureaucracy take over and next thing you know costs skyrocket and the system is in full fail abuse mode... Obamacare is in fast forward and being abused before it's even implemented.

Our society is getting better and better at using others and getting hooked on big Government programs. There is simply no way Obamacare will not be exploited and running massive deficits in the first couple years.

If you don't agree with me on this then why are all the other programs failing? When they were created did they sell the programs as "they will last a good while until they help bankrupt the country?"

Here we go again with people thinking that applying for a waiver somehow permanently excludes you from "obamacare".

Personally I think Everyone should get an open ended Waiver. This waiver is a Colossal Monument to the Effectiveness of Obama Care. I make it a motion to to rename the Waiver the Scott's-Charmin Waiver or the Tidy-Bowl Waiver. Clearly we all need protection from Obama-Care. Come to think of it... The Trojan-Ramses Waiver could be more appropriate. How about the Fuck Yea Count Me In Waiver?

The problem with that is that Waivers are Temporary and at the discretion of the HHS. Our freedom should not be held hostage by an appointed bureaucrat.

The problem with that is that Waivers are Temporary and at the discretion of the HHS. Our freedom should not be held hostage by an appointed bureaucrat.

Amen to that!

Here we go again with people thinking that applying for a waiver somehow permanently excludes you from "obamacare".

Not at all. The Waivers are One Year. Which adds to the mess. Why do you think so many that Supported Obama Care are applying for the Waiver??? Pretty Fucked.

Now that people have had a chance to READ IT AFTER IT PASSED, they don't like it.

Quelle Surprise.

Cant you find some respectable sources.

The daily caller is tucker carlsons rag and the other thing is a blog.

Im jnot buying any of your numbers until you provide a decent source

I assume if the source was the Huffington Post or MSNBC you'd approve...

Idiot...

Yeah everyone knows on USMB when you're looking for someone with an open mind, you turn to Truth_Matters.

The only way she'll admit big government healthcare is bad, is if Obama tells her it's bad, since that won't happen it'll continue to be the reason rainbows form and flowers bloom to her.

Not at all. The Waivers are One Year. Which adds to the mess. Why do you think so many that Supported Obama Care are applying for the Waiver??? Pretty Fucked.

Obama is owning himslef in 2012... Hey I don't want some shitfaced Republican taking over but this guy just can't get a break, or wait, he did kill OBL..................

Like I said when they first passed it... Obamacare is a punishment to businesses who refuse to play ball with liberals.

Waivers will be a reward for those that bow down to the leftist agenda.

You donate to liberals - you get a waiver, you submit to leftist demands - you get a waiver..

All types of organizations are applying for waivers. This is not some sort of conspiracy. And I'm glad you can at least recognize that they are temporary. What exactly is the issue then?

Forum List

Back