Do as I say, not as I do

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
"Do as I say, not as I do"

In your opinion, is this particular brand of arrogance more prevalent among democrats or republicans? Please cite examples to support your opinion.

• Banned

I'd agree with Skull. Al Gore is a global hypocrite. Everyone else pales into insignificance in comparison.

Whatever floats your boat.

But for the record, I didn't ask who was the 'biggest' hypocrite (i'm inclined to agree that it might be Al), I asked whether this brand of arrogance was more prevalent among dems or reps.

Is someone who fails to do better than they are but warns people not to follow them in their footsteps really a hypocrite?

I assume the OP means elected people, not voters? In that case they are equally as bad and anyone that says different is only trying to play for partisan points. While not everyone in politics is a bad person it’s amazing how many of them are.

Is someone who fails to do better than they are but warns people not to follow them in their footsteps really a hypocrite?

You're the last person I'd expect to be defending Al Gore.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Im not defending Al Gore. He is more of a warn people but doesnt really believe in it type thing. I'm thinking more like an alcoholic who warns other people off alcohol even though he hasnt completely broken the habit because of his bad experiences with it.

Hit me with a Mark foley, Duke Cunningham, bob Ney, or a Tom delay,

or maybe a John Edwards, barney Frank, Pelosi, diane feinstein?

I'd agree with Skull. Al Gore is a global hypocrite. Everyone else pales into insignificance in comparison.

But for the record, I didn't ask who was the 'biggest' hypocrite (i'm inclined to agree that it might be Al), I asked whether this brand of arrogance was more prevalent among dems or reps.

It is housed in every political party... it is more prevalent in the wingers than in the logical thinking people

Personally, I don't see any difference between the two parties. Each has more than their far share of hypocrites, because both parties are made up of human beings - and we all have feet of clay. We seem to expect perfect morals of others, but expect others to accept our individual failings. That, in itself, is hypocritical.

Neither party has any moral high ground. But.... individually, Gore has to be the standard bearer for hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back