NEA: Obama looks for "New Ways" to "Punish" Teachers...

NEA Propaganda....

They have been protecting underperforming schools and teachers for years

Its about time for some Hopey Changey

NEA just bitching when they don't have all the politicians in their pockets.

What? You expect us to actually perform?

Obama vs NEA proposals vs Samson
Testing:

The Blueprint does not shrink NCLB’s heavy testing schedule and maintains its assumption that student scores are the key measure of school excellence.
vs.
Fewer mandated standardized tests—just one in grades 4–6 and one in grades 7–9. High schools could assess in a variety of ways, including tests and senior projects. More use of tests that are designed to guide instruction.
vs.
One nationalized test (no state tests) designed for 8th graders to test READING, WRITING, and MATH. 100 questions each. 70% correct = pass on to Highschool. Fail, and go flip hamburgers, or pick apples, or whatever makes you happy.

Help for struggling schools:

Schools where students score lowest must choose one of four plans. Three of them require closing the school, giving it to a charter operator, or firing the staff and rehiring no more than half. Research does not support any of these.
vs.
Schools should analyze their specific problems and design strategies to fix them, choosing from a broad set of research-based approaches such as smaller classes, better mentoring and coaching, intensive professional development, and early intervention strategies in math and reading.
vs.
Fuck it. See Previous.

Teacher evaluation:

Evaluations must be based at least partly on student standardized test scores.
vs
School districts should develop stronger evaluation systems with and for their employees. No new power for federal officials to intervene in teacher evaluation.
vs.
Let parents, students, fellow teachers, and administrators blind rate teachers in a 360 online, 1-10 scale of 50 teaching skills. Top score is 500. Lowest is 50. Fire teachers that score 200 or lower.

How federal money is given out:

More use of competitive grants, so only some districts will benefit and none will be able to budget for the long-term.
vs
Money allocated according to financial need, as indicated by the number of low-income children and similar factors.
vs
Local & State Taxes will be the only funding for school budgets

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mal
NEA - ESEA - May | June 2010

^Can't Lose the Teachers, Barry...

Something tells me he Doesn't Care if he or his Party Keep their Jobs...

More of the "Hopey/Changey" you guys Voted for?... :clap2:

:)

peace...

Barry doesn't care. He sends his kids to private schools, just like me. :thup:

Ironically, (43)'s Daughters went to Austin Public... :eusa_shhh:

peace...

Bill Clinton didn't send his daughter to public schools, but Mike Huckabee did. WTH is wrong with these Democrats? Don't they believe in public education?

peace...

Bill Clinton didn't send his daughter to public schools, but Mike Huckabee did. WTH is wrong with these Democrats? Don't they believe in public education?

Do as they Dictate, NOT as they do for themselves... Now get the FUCK back in Line, Peasant!

peace...

I'm so fucking glad to have posted in this thread, I think I've peed myself.:evil:

0407_L_bedwetting.jpg

peace...

This fucking shit is fucking bullshit if you fucking ask me, motherfucker!

Imagine how much it would suck to know that you, as a teacher, are trying to do everything possible to teach your students and to get them interested in learning, but that the kids are only interested in texting, sexting, fucking, and drugs, and that their parents couldn't care less about what they do...and because you are spending day in and day out babysitting these fucking piece of shit teen rejects who fail the standardized tests miserably, you end up losing your job.

Fuck it ALL!!! :evil:

Eh, good on them. Coming from a public school, being surrounded by public schools, and having moved from NYC metro area (Northern NJ) to Los Angeles, I see the shame shitty teaching.

I am so tired of hearing it's everything BUT the teachers or the kids. Those are the real two factors here.

I went to a pretty bad public school myself. We're ranked like 180 out of 300 in the state or something. Ton of ESL kids and kids from Washington Heights, so you've not only got a shitty public school, but also a bunch of kids from the city with authority problems.

Despite this, I graduated with a near 4.0, and I was friends with most of these kids. I don't recall there being any "extensive" testing, unless you just sucked (I just left high school going on three years now, so i'm a relative greenback) at life or something, I think there's only one a year, except two of your years from 7-12 grade where you have to take two, but it's not like you have to study, or even be a genius to pass these tests. Problem is, most public school teachers jdgaf, and that's before they're even disenchanted. I know a bunch of first or second year teachers who are already "disenchanted" with their jobs. Most of those people should have NEVER become teachers, its pretty evident to me, but for some reason we make being a teacher and professor exceedingly easy in our society.

The determining factor is kids and teachers. Unless of course there are no books or chairs and shit, but that's a very rare situation. Why don't they do something pretty simple, like increase tenure by a year or two, and measure the productivity standards of schools nationwide. That seems to be the most objective way to really see if these teachers methods will step up to guarantee their jobs in the future (this would obviously only apply to new teachers, but it would go well with a plan to merge failing publics with charters. I dont agree with simply closing a school, unless its in an urban area, which the resounding land mass of America is not yet) without having to spend any money.

I don't think standarized tests should be done away with. I never would have been able to enter a great school without standardized tests, as the rigor of my curriculum, despite having honors and the only two APs our school offered, pales in comparison to many of my peers here at SC. Luckily, we do have standardized tests and extra curriculurs to measure students by as well as just their raw data, which is often not really a good measurement as some people go to hard ass schools, and then some go to schools like mine and a 4.0 at my old high school is nothing compared to a 4.0 at Xavier or something.

This fucking shit is fucking bullshit if you fucking ask me, motherfucker!

Imagine how much it would suck to know that you, as a teacher, are trying to do everything possible to teach your students and to get them interested in learning, but that the kids are only interested in texting, sexting, fucking, and drugs, and that their parents couldn't care less about what they do...and because you are spending day in and day out babysitting these fucking piece of shit teen rejects who fail the standardized tests miserably, you end up losing your job.

Fuck it ALL!!! :evil:

So how did all of us make it? There's one of two implications here, neither of which is good:

1. The quality of teaching has gradually decreased in public schools.
2. The qualities raising kids have decreased.

I don't understand how number 2 could happen if we were raised with good parents and good teachers, so it just follows to me that the quality of teaching has gradually decreased.

My bad, I am excluding a third good point. Mainly that rising socioeconomic inequality produces these issues, but last I checked those are all falling and I believe minority (or at least black graduation rates, sorry for my spanish heads out there I don't really go out looking for y'allz data :p ) graduation rates are gradually increasing, despite the relatively large gap between White americans and minorities.

So once again I guess i'm in the camp that's gonna attribute some of the blame to the teachers. When you put it your way I can understand there frustrations and aggravations, but at the same time I'm apprehensive to believe that our entire nation's public schooling system is suffering from a lack of a generation of misbehaved kids. It's not like public schools are only losing quality in poor areas, in many but the best schools there are unpublicized issues that need handling.

Despite this, I graduated with a near 4.0, and I was friends with most of these kids. I don't recall there being any "extensive" testing, unless you just sucked (I just left high school going on three years now, so i'm a relative greenback) at life or something, .

<<<<sigh>>>>>

Green-horn, not "Greenback" (slang for dollar).

Fucking Public School.:evil:

peace...

Of course they do. For other people's children.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Florida just passed a law holding teachers accountable for student's grades. So you know what is going to happen to the kids that are struggling and not doing well in school?

Those kids are going to be pushed off into the corners of school that doesn't give a shit and be "left behind". Any parents that have students with learning disabilities may as well not send their kids to school because there are not going to be any teachers that want them in their classrooms.

Immie

peace...

Of course they do. For other people's children.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Florida just passed a law holding teachers accountable for student's grades. So you know what is going to happen to the kids that are struggling and not doing well in school?

Those kids are going to be pushed off into the corners of school that doesn't give a shit and be "left behind". Any parents that have students with learning disabilities may as well not send their kids to school because there are not going to be any teachers that want them in their classrooms.

Immie

Yes because there aren't learning disability programs in public schools...even my relatively poor high school had one.

<<<<sigh>>>>>

Green-horn, not "Greenback" (slang for dollar).

Fucking Public School.

Damn you libruls always muckin up mah posts.

Forum List

Back