NE Patriots cheated their way to a Super Bowl

I'll put it this way: if I told you that the Patriots had been caught with a towel that had an adhesive substance on it, refused to hand over the towel to officials when asked, and was found to have tried to cover up the existence of the towels, what would your reaction be?

So nobody has any opinions on what would be a fair punishment for or reaction to the above scenario?

Alex said is was thinking about it but I don't know if he said anything.

I think, one for deflating and 2 for lying. I think the NFL is going 6 games to a full season and he will get it cut in half on appeal. I also think NE is going to be fined and lose a draft choice.
Take all of the circumstances in consideration in addition to the culture of cheating of the Flatriots. Brady gets the scarlet letter of C on his jersey plus time off, belicheat gets a special mention for negligent supervision and time off and the team gets a draft pick or two taken away, Kraft gets a vacation from any committee seat he holds right now.

I'll put it this way: if I told you that the Patriots had been caught with a towel that had an adhesive substance on it, refused to hand over the towel to officials when asked, and was found to have tried to cover up the existence of the towels, what would your reaction be?

So nobody has any opinions on what would be a fair punishment for or reaction to the above scenario?

I think, one for deflating and 2 for lying. I think the NFL is going 6 games to a full season and he will get it cut in half on appeal. I also think NE is going to be fined and lose a draft choice.
Take all of the circumstances in consideration in addition to the culture of cheating of the Flatriots. Brady gets the scarlet letter of C on his jersey plus time off, belicheat gets a special mention for negligent supervision and time off and the team gets a draft pick or two taken away, Kraft gets a vacation from any committee seat he holds right now.

How many games do you think any suspensions should be?

As long as it takes to rehabilitate the image of the NFL and send out a powerful message to the rest of the league that cheating and lack of cooperation will not be tolerated. I do not have the number of games or what importance the game he should be prohibited from playing. He lied in the AFC championship.

I personally am satisfied that he was found out to be the cheating liar that he is. His smug and cavalier attitude toward the league and the rules he agreed to abide by is disturbing to say the least. The culture of cheating and lying that is woven into the fabric of the Flatriots needs to be extinguished.

As long as it takes to rehabilitate the image of the NFL and send out a powerful message to the rest of the league that cheating and lack of cooperation will not be tolerated. I do not have the number of games or what importance the game he should be prohibited from playing. He lied in the AFC championship.

I personally am satisfied that he was found out to be the cheating liar that he is. His smug and cavalier attitude toward the league and the rules he agreed to abide by is disturbing to say the least. The culture of cheating and lying that is woven into the fabric of the Flatriots needs to be extinguished.

What about San Diego? What about Minnesota? What about Atlanta? what about Cleveland? What about Seattle? All these teams were fined for cheating, sounds like a culture to me.

Is Jerry Rice's reputation diminished? What about Romanoski and his reputation? George Brett? Phil Niekro? Lyle Alzado? Joe Montana?

You are really concerned about integrity, just wondering where you fall on these issues.

What about San Diego? What about Minnesota? What about Atlanta? what about Cleveland? What about Seattle? All these teams were fined for cheating, sounds like a culture to me.

Is Jerry Rice's reputation diminished? What about Romanoski and his reputation? George Brett? Phil Niekro? Lyle Alzado? Joe Montana?

You are really concerned about integrity, just wondering where you fall on these issues.

I do not know what occurred on the teams and players you mentioned. If they are current players and those issues are outstanding they need to be addressed. Were each of those players and teams investigated? Were rules broken? Did those players lied and refuse to reasonable cooperate with the investigators?

As long as it takes to rehabilitate the image of the NFL and send out a powerful message to the rest of the league that cheating and lack of cooperation will not be tolerated. I do not have the number of games or what importance the game he should be prohibited from playing. He lied in the AFC championship.....

The teams need to be held to the rules to maintain the integrity of the league but the League needs to look at going back to a more Competition oriented style rather than the Parity driven style we've seen since 1994.

I do not know what occurred on the teams and players you mentioned. If they are current players and those issues are outstanding they need to be addressed. Were each of those players and teams investigated? Were rules broken? Did those players lied and refuse to reasonable cooperate with the investigators?

Interesting that you know nothing about any scandal except for deflategate. That could be the issue as to why it is a big deal.

Interesting that you know nothing about any scandal except for deflategate. That could be the issue as to why it is a big deal.
No the game has gone under so many changes and the past ten or so years have brought forth a more commercial product. This is a big deal because a marquee player has made a fool out of the league, the organization, the brand and this spells dollars. He gained the trust of so many with lies and deception. He cannot stand next to the "greats" such as Montana or Bradshaw.

No the game has gone under so many changes and the past ten or so years have brought forth a more commercial product. This is a big deal because a marquee player has made a fool out of the league, the organization, the brand and this spells dollars. He gained the trust of so many with lies and deception. He cannot stand next to the "greats" such as Montana or Bradshaw.

Lol! Stickum was ruled out since the 80's and San Diego had it on a towel, they refused to give the towel over to the league, that was 2012, nothing hardly made print. $20,000 fine.

December 2014, Minnesota and Carolina in a very cold game in Minnesota were told the day before and before the game not to heat up their footballs. The Vikings heated up the football during the game and was caught by league officials. Nothing happened. So spare the integrity and all the other BS.

George Brett pine tarred his bat. His reputation and legacy will stand. Jerry Rice used stickum after is was banned by the league, does it tarnish his accomplishments? joe Montana had to know Rice used stickum, does it tarnish his accomplishments?

I doubt you will have any say over the great ones or not. In ten years this will be laughed at and Brady will be talked as a great one along with Montana, Marino, Elway and Manning. Bradshaw was an average QB on very good teams.

I doubt you will have any say over the great ones or not. In ten years this will be laughed at and Brady will be talked as a great one along with Montana, Marino, Elway and Manning. Bradshaw was an average QB on very good teams.

No NFL player whose career hadn't crested prior to the 1994 CBA should even be considered for the HOF, nevermind being considered among the greatest of all time. Playing in an era where greatness is considered contrary to the ideals of the league means you cannot be great.... by definition.

Lol! Stickum was ruled out since the 80's and San Diego had it on a towel, they refused to give the towel over to the league, that was 2012, nothing hardly made print. $20,000 fine.

December 2014, Minnesota and Carolina in a very cold game in Minnesota were told the day before and before the game not to heat up their footballs. The Vikings heated up the football during the game and was caught by league officials. Nothing happened. So spare the integrity and all the other BS.

George Brett pine tarred his bat. His reputation and legacy will stand. Jerry Rice used stickum after is was banned by the league, does it tarnish his accomplishments? joe Montana had to know Rice used stickum, does it tarnish his accomplishments?

I will have say as I do now, my say comes in the form of withholding dollars, lack of attendance at games and not being part of the viewership during broadcasts. I will remember how Brady came to be known and a liar and cheat so will you. People still talk about "Charlie Hustle" and the Chicago Black Sox of 1919.

I will have say as I do now, my say comes in the form of withholding dollars, lack of attendance at games and not being part of the viewership during broadcasts. I will remember how Brady came to be known and a liar and cheat so will you. People still talk about "Charlie Hustle" and the Chicago Black Sox of 1919.

Lol! This doesn't even come close to gambling. Are you for real? This is close to pine tar on a bat or stickum on a towel or heating up footballs.

As far as money and popularity and ratings, the NFL is bigger than ever.

Should the Vikings been suspended, fined for an even more advantage of heating up the footballs in below freezing conditions?

As far as me thinking Brady as a cheat, no more so than Rice, Brett or Montana.

Lol! This doesn't even come close to gambling. Are you for real? This is close to pine tar on a bat or stickum on a towel or heating up footballs.

Should the Vikings been suspended, fined for an even more advantage of heating up the footballs in below freezing conditions?

You are missing the point what Brady did effects the outcome of the game to the pint of cheating even Vegas is afraid to take the Pats because of what Brady did. You under play the importance of what his cheating and his lying did.

"THE PATRIOTS' AFC title game shenanigans are also taking some air out of sports wagering.

Vegas Vic reports that a number of sportsbooks in his town, as well as many international websites, are no longer taking wagers on New England's Week 1 opener against visiting Pittsburgh.

"The game has been taken off the board at a number of sportsbooks here in Vegas, because the line swing would be dramatic," said Vic, the Daily News' gambling authority. "With Brady, we're looking at the Pats minus 6. If Brady was to be suspended, it would probably be Jimmy Garoppolo quarterbacking the Patriots, and the line would drop to minus 1 or maybe even a pick 'em."

Deflategate shaking things up in Las Vegas

You are missing the point what Brady did effects the outcome of the game to the pint of cheating even Vegas is afraid to take the Pats because of what Brady did. You under play the importance of what his cheating and his lying did.

"THE PATRIOTS' AFC title game shenanigans are also taking some air out of sports wagering.

Vegas Vic reports that a number of sportsbooks in his town, as well as many international websites, are no longer taking wagers on New England's Week 1 opener against visiting Pittsburgh.

"The game has been taken off the board at a number of sportsbooks here in Vegas, because the line swing would be dramatic," said Vic, the Daily News' gambling authority. "With Brady, we're looking at the Pats minus 6. If Brady was to be suspended, it would probably be Jimmy Garoppolo quarterbacking the Patriots, and the line would drop to minus 1 or maybe even a pick 'em."

They aren't taking bets because if Brady doesn't play, it changes the odds immensely. And who cares if it hurts gambling. It has nothing to do with whether anyone is deflating footballs. Vegas wants to make money, not lose money so they are going to do what they do to make money.

You don't think what Minnesota did effects the game? Try catching a frozen football as opposed to a 70 degree football and tell me it doesn't effect the game.

You don't think stickum effects the game? You are kidding right? You even know what stickum is? It gives a tremendous advantage for catching a ball. A lot more than a pound of air pressure.

The NFL has a rule for inflating or deflating footballs over or under the league allowance. The penalty for breaking that rule is $25,000. That is how little the NFL thinks it influences a game only $25,000 in a game of billions.

They aren't taking bets because if Brady doesn't play, it changes the odds immensely. And who cares if it hurts gambling. It has nothing to do with whether anyone is deflating footballs. Vegas wants to make money, not lose money so they are going to do what they do to make money.

You don't think what Minnesota did effects the game? Try catching a frozen football as opposed to a 70 degree football and tell me it doesn't effect the game.

You don't think stickum effects the game? You are kidding right? You even know what stickum is? It gives a tremendous advantage for catching a ball. A lot more than a pound of air pressure.

The NFL has a rule for inflating or deflating footballs over or under the league allowance. The penalty for breaking that rule is $25,000. That is how little the NFL thinks it influences a game only $25,000 in a game of billions.
You are deliberately omitting some important pieces to this situation: Brady lied.

Wait a second did you write your post or did Tom Brady.

look at all the cheater apologists. NEWSFLASH!!! Denial is not a river in Egypt.
Indeed.

As i just got done saying,it amazes me how they take it so personal and go into meltdown mode over all this even though this is all in just good fun..some people just dont like being taken to school and losing a debate i guess.:rolleyes-41:

as I was saying,I made a thread trashing pete carrol after the superbowl and one of the patriot apologists came on there and patted me on the back for it. But each time someone has made a thread here trashing the patriots organization,they take it so personal and got into meltdown mode.

seems like the truth really hurts these people having their idols being exposed and torn down like they have been.:biggrin:

You are deliberately omitting some important pieces to this situation: Brady lied.

Wait a second did you write your post or did Tom Brady.

I already said Brady needs suspended for lying, it is worse than the initial crime. What I find funny is San Diego lied and would not turn over the towels with the stickum on them and that isn't important to you, you fail to address what Minnesota did in December of the same season you are ripping another team for.

You are purposely ignoring other situations, similar or not and claiming I'm a Brady supporter for wanting to be fair. You hate Brady and the Patriots, I get it. Hate him all you want. I hate the Patriots but you assholes are absolutely off the hook.

This is a $25,000 fine and his lying is worth a suspension. But it isn't not even close to Pete Rose, it is more like George Brett.

Indeed,regardless of if he just gets a mere slap on the wrist for this which would be a mere two game suspension,"and that is probably what he will only get considering how goddel always has his head up krafts ass"

they cannot escape their fate they have now brought on themselves that they will have an asterisk next to their names as barry bonds does which contrary to the rambles of zander,is NOT apples and oranges.:biggrin:

look at all the cheater apologists. NEWSFLASH!!! Denial is not a river in Egypt.
Indeed.

As i just got done saying,it amazes me how they take it so personal and go into meltdown mode over all this even though this is all in just good fun..some people just dont like being taken to school and losing a debate i guess.:rolleyes-41:

as I was saying,I made a thread trashing pete carrol after the superbowl and one of the patriot apologists came on there and patted me on the back for it. But each time someone has made a thread here trashing the patriots organization,they take it so personal and got into meltdown mode.

seems like the truth really hurts these people having their idols being exposed and torn down like they have been.:biggrin:
they have waaay too much invested in games. Methinks they need to grow up.

Forum List

Back