NC Mom discharged from Military

Listened to an Army Sargent on talk radio the other day.

He said that he had 14 women in his unit, when the unit got called to deploy to Iraq.

By the time the unit was ready to ship out.

All 14 of the women soldiers had gotten themselves pregnant.

The unit deployment was delayed for a few weeks, while other (men) replacements were reassigned to the unit.

were all 14 immaculate conceptions doyathink?
Nope.

Just another example why women have NO business being in the military.

neither should men they have absolutely no self control

turn around, I'll pat yer back for ya..now tell me why you will let some out of signed contracts and not others.. I'm all ears.

As a matter of fact, I don't believe in letting ANYONE out of ANY contract they signed.

What would make you think otherwise?

just the little fact that you called my arguement pathetic.. so again why would we expect this young woman of two who is willing to care for her kids, and has served four years to not be allowed some compassion, and at the same time we let every dunderhead who bought a 500,000 dollar house and signed on the dotted line out of their contracts? Don'e we all deserve a little assisstance or are we all going to be personally responsible.. as Ravi demands that we be.. which??

Ravi can speak for herself and I really don't see where she's part of this conversation.

That said, I challenge you to go find even a single post of mine HINTING that anyone should be let out of their house payments, or that anyone should be bailed out of anything they put their name to without a gun to their head.

Fact is, you're labeling me with a tag that you randomly plucked from someone else, without actually knowing what the hell you're talking about. From my standpooint, your argument IS pathetic.

I'm the person that went to my finance company 2 weeks before my loan for my house closed, and got a complete copy of every single loan document that would be present at the closing, took them home, and read them word for word - all approx. 75 pages of them, so I knew *exactly* what I would be in for, and what I was signing.

So, again. What, EXACTLY (and DO link to your proof) leads you to bellieve that I believe in selective personal responsibility.

As a matter of fact, I don't believe in letting ANYONE out of ANY contract they signed.

What would make you think otherwise?

just the little fact that you called my arguement pathetic.. so again why would we expect this young woman of two who is willing to care for her kids, and has served four years to not be allowed some compassion, and at the same time we let every dunderhead who bought a 500,000 dollar house and signed on the dotted line out of their contracts? Don'e we all deserve a little assisstance or are we all going to be personally responsible.. as Ravi demands that we be.. which??

Ravi can speak for herself and I really don't see where she's part of this conversation.

That said, I challenge you to go find even a single post of mine HINTING that anyone should be let out of their house payments, or that anyone should be bailed out of anything they put their name to without a gun to their head.

Fact is, you're labeling me with a tag that you randomly plucked from someone else, without actually knowing what the hell you're talking about. From my standpooint, your argument IS pathetic.

I'm the person that went to my finance company 2 weeks before my loan for my house closed, and got a complete copy of every single loan document that would be present at the closing, took them home, and read them word for word - all approx. 75 pages of them, so I knew *exactly* what I would be in for, and what I was signing.

So, again. What, EXACTLY (and DO link to your proof) leads you to bellieve that I believe in selective personal responsibility.[/QUOTE]

hello! hello! hello! I alread described to you why I though you believe that. I gave you a situalional arguement and you called it pathetic,, you didn't describe that the assholes bailing out of their home mortgages were pathetic,, you did however bitch about this young mom and when I asked about equal treatment your reply was "pathetic".. so does this young mom deserve some help or not?? If you want her to stay active then pony up on the child care they way we do other moms in other circumstances. She did show up when she was recalled..

Perhaps you could refrain from screwing up the quotes so bad that it'll take more time to go back and fix them, than to just reply, Willow.

Your argument about what I called "pathetic" is bullshit. I called your argument pathetic, because it is. You're all for letting her take the easy way out, regardless of the fact that she signed a legal contract. I used the mortgage thing as an example of something else pathetic, and asked if I should be able to walk away from that, and you simply laughed and told me how it could be done. That is also pathetic.

I think she should get the same treatment a MAN would get were he to try something so lame to get out of his contact with the armed services. You all would tell him to suck it the fuck up, and be a man. He knew what he was getting into, etc.

Perhaps you could refrain from screwing up the quotes so bad that it'll take more time to go back and fix them, than to just reply, Willow.

Your argument about what I called "pathetic" is bullshit. I called your argument pathetic, because it is. You're all for letting her take the easy way out, regardless of the fact that she signed a legal contract. I used the mortgage thing as an example of something else pathetic, and asked if I should be able to walk away from that, and you simply laughed and told me how it could be done. That is also pathetic.

I think she should get the same treatment a MAN would get were he to try something so lame to get out of his contact with the armed services. You all would tell him to suck it the fuck up, and be a man. He knew what he was getting into, etc.

No, my argument is not pathetic, it is right dead on target. The fact of the matter is we as a society have decided for whatever reason to let millions of people out of the contracts they signed when they purchased a home. So given that fact, it is not at all difficult for me to say this young woman has a valid excuse for not holding to her signed contract. Her children. Now if you want that to be pathetic so be it. It's the world in which we now live and there is not a damned thing you or I can do about it.

neither should men they have absolutely no self control
How is it the man's fault?

These women soldiers were giving it away to avoid going to Iraq :evil:

The men should have refused it, then the women would be without excuse. See? it's all about self control..
If these women just went to bars and clubs looking for men to pick up and have sex with.

Why would these men care or even know they were soldiers?

No, my argument is not pathetic, it is right dead on target. The fact of the matter is we as a society have decided for whatever reason to let millions of people out of the contracts they signed when they purchased a home. So given that fact, it is not at all difficult for me to say this young woman has a valid excuse for not holding to her signed contract. Her children. Now if you want that to be pathetic so be it. It's the world in which we now live and there is not a damned thing you or I can do about it.

No, "we" haven't. "You" have. And the more of "you" there are, the worse things are going to get. *I*, however, will continue to actually do what's right.

How is it the man's fault?

These women soldiers were giving it away to avoid going to Iraq :evil:

The men should have refused it, then the women would be without excuse. See? it's all about self control..
If these women just went to bars and clubs looking for men to pick up and have sex with.

Why would these men care or even know they were soldiers?

well show me where they did just that and I might concede the arguement. My suspicious mind tells me though it was their fellow male counterparts who having no self control what so ever impregnated them.. No self control..... no soldier.

No, "we" haven't. "You" have. And the more of "you" there are, the worse things are going to get. *I*, however, will continue to actually do what's right.

Yes "we" have,, by order of our asshole in charge and all his little democrat congresscritters, "we' have in fact decided to do just that.

you always wish the worst things on people..
Personal responsibility, baby! :lol:

I'm gonna hold you to that,, for all eternity.. don't offer anyone any compassion..personal responsibility. so tell all those deadbeat democrats to go earn their own way in the world and stop looking for rich people to pay their way.. personal responsiblitiy I'll believe that when 70% of the men marry the moms and actually stay at home and provide for them... BaBy
Willow, you honestly don't think she has an obligation to live up to the contract she entered into?

He said that he had 14 women in his unit, when the unit got called to deploy to Iraq.

The unit deployment was delayed for a few weeks, while other (men) replacements were reassigned to the unit.
I guess you'll agree that men shouldn't serve either because sometimes they desert, or pretend the president isn't the president.

Sunni, are you really this stupid? This is a serious question.

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess you'll agree that men should serve either because sometimes they desert, or pretend the president isn't the president.

men should serve because? ... huh?

I guess you'll agree that men should serve either because sometimes they desert, or pretend the president isn't the president.

men should serve because? ... huh?
I meant to say shouldn't.

Personal responsibility, baby! :lol:

I'm gonna hold you to that,, for all eternity.. don't offer anyone any compassion..personal responsibility. so tell all those deadbeat democrats to go earn their own way in the world and stop looking for rich people to pay their way.. personal responsiblitiy I'll believe that when 70% of the men marry the moms and actually stay at home and provide for them... BaBy
Willow, you honestly don't think she has an obligation to live up to the contract she entered into?

not any more than those million who signed contracts to buy homes! Personal responsibility baby!

not any more than those million who signed contracts to buy homes! Personal responsibility baby!
That's seemingly a valid complaint, Willow. If you take those defaulting on a case by case basis it's quite possible that many have been affected by situations beyond their control, i.e. the downturn of the economy and being laid off...in some cases both parents. Now if this woman had been disabled or her spouse/baby dad died, I'd feel differently about her situation. But basically she doesn't have a valid reason for not living up to her contract.

That's seemingly a valid complaint, Willow. If you take those defaulting on a case by case basis it's quite possible that many have been affected by situations beyond their control, i.e. the downturn of the economy and being laid off...in some cases both parents. Now if this woman had been disabled or her spouse/baby dad died, I'd feel differently about her situation. But basically she doesn't have a valid reason for not living up to her contract.

you are not honestly trying to tell us that the millions who defaulted on their mortgages have special unforseen circumstances are you??

you are not honestly trying to tell us that the millions who defaulted on their mortgages have special unforseen circumstances are you??
Yep. Who imagined a year ago that the economy would be in the toilet? Certainly not our leaders. There is an entire town in Ohio that is on the skids because DHL decided to stop working in the US...is that their fault?

Yep. Who imagined a year ago that the economy would be in the toilet? Certainly not our leaders. There is an entire town in Ohio that is on the skids because DHL decided to stop working in the US...is that their fault?

yep! well, then, we'll just say things have changed for this young mom too and give her a pass. that's fair.

Forum List

Back