NC Mom discharged from Military

Not perfectly acceptable.. Just acceptable in an imperfect world. Men walk away from their responsiblities and obligations every day of the week, I kind of like it hat this mom thinks of her children first. , This little soldier served her active duty time even went to Iraq I think.. She became inactive and circumstances changed.. So I think the right decision was made.

She isn't "done" serving until approx. 7-10 years (I forget how many exactly) of non-recall after her discharge.

So, you're incorrect. She hasn't served her term yet. It's not complete.

Oh! I'm quite sorry,, I must have read the "she's been discharged" part wrong,, I always thought discharged was done...

You always thought wrong. As I said, you can be recalled any time after your discharge for X number of YEARS, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it - you sign that paper accepting those terms, and that's that.

If a man showed up with his kids, I would expect them to show him the same treatment they are showing her. The difference is, men don't often get custody of their children. I would like to see that change. Give men custody 50% of the time and the number of single parents will dwindle overnight.

My brother was a single dad in the Navy. He went out to sea six months of every year until his term was ended. It was part of his job.

This woman wants special treatment because she has an active vagina. I hate women who pull this shit. They set the rest of us back 100 years.

Witness Sunni's comments...

what a bunch of crap,, are you honestly gonna use Sunni as a yardstick???

Like I said, we don't know the whole story, what if the father is already serving in the armed forces? What if he got killed? What if her parents died? I just would like to know more before I can make a determination if what she did was wrong or not.

The article I linked CLEARLY stated that the father was in the states, but had to travel some for his job.

Poor babies.

In that scenario, you find a relative to help, or you pay for childcare, or you change jobs.

BUT YOU HONOR YOUR COMMITMENTS.

If a man showed up with his kids, I would expect them to show him the same treatment they are showing her. The difference is, men don't often get custody of their children. I would like to see that change. Give men custody 50% of the time and the number of single parents will dwindle overnight.

My brother was a single dad in the Navy. He went out to sea six months of every year until his term was ended. It was part of his job.

This woman wants special treatment because she has an active vagina. I hate women who pull this shit. They set the rest of us back 100 years.

And who took care of your brother's kids? What if this woman didn't have someone like that? Not all of us do.

I worked for a law enforcement agency. Do you want me to describe how many men feel the same way about women on any demanding job?

Women who ask for special treatment not accorded to their male peers are very damaging to other women who want to work in those fields.

I LOATHE THEM.

Like I said, we don't know the whole story, what if the father is already serving in the armed forces? What if he got killed? What if her parents died? I just would like to know more before I can make a determination if what she did was wrong or not.

The article I linked CLEARLY stated that the father was in the states, but had to travel some for his job.

Poor babies.

In that scenario, you find a relative to help, or you pay for childcare, or you change jobs.

BUT YOU HONOR YOUR COMMITMENTS.

I didn't go to the link, and in that case, it's up to the dad to find childcare when he's traveling, not the mom. I hope they don't let her out.

Hopefully they give her a dishonorable discharge. What a bubble head. Or maybe she's a coward...she should have taken that other guy's approach and claimed Obama wasn't really president.

you always wish the worst things on people..
Personal responsibility, baby! :lol:

I'm gonna hold you to that,, for all eternity.. don't offer anyone any compassion..personal responsibility. so tell all those deadbeat democrats to go earn their own way in the world and stop looking for rich people to pay their way.. personal responsiblitiy I'll believe that when 70% of the men marry the moms and actually stay at home and provide for them... BaBy

And who took care of your brother's kids? What if this woman didn't have someone like that? Not all of us do.

Then don't sign that contract, eh?

But don't sit here and make poor excuses for people who DO sign it.

I worked for a law enforcement agency. Do you want me to describe how many men feel the same way about women on any demanding job?

Women who ask for special treatment not accorded to their male peers are very damaging to other women who want to work in those fields.

I LOATHE THEM.

fine, loathe away,, I would agree with you if this person had not served actively for four years..

Well apparently she had someone to take care of the kids when she signed the contract as she's been "recalled" to duty. Circumstances change. However, it's been pointed out that the father is in the states and travels frequently, it should be up to him to provide daycare so she can do her duty.

I do, however, think it's wrong for our military to keep recalling these people. It's tantamount to slavery.

fine, loathe away,, I would agree with you if this person had not served actively for four years..

So are you going to set the same policy for every MALE member of the service? This recall policy was PART OF THE CONTRACT SHE SIGNED. What part of that do you not understand?

btw, if she were against the war, and didn't want to serve for that reason, you'd be calling for her to be burnt at the stake.

The problem with this is she had a contract period. She should NOT have had children if it was going to interfere with her contract and her commitment. If she felt she could have children and fulfill her commitment then she should have assured she had a plan in place.

I have to agree with catzmeow it is setting women’s rights back-- asking for special treatment after demanding the job and saying they can do it the same. This woman proved she can't do it the same as her male counterparts.

Well apparently she had someone to take care of the kids when she signed the contract as she's been "recalled" to duty. Circumstances change. However, it's been pointed out that the father is in the states and travels frequently, it should be up to him to provide daycare so she can do her duty.

I do, however, think it's wrong for our military to keep recalling these people. It's tantamount to slavery.

Just going to bypass the "have a backup plan when something changes", huh?

My guess is she PURPOSELY took those kids with her in hopes that she would be sent home, which is just disgusting, but I guess better than having someone like that responsible for the safety of others.

So are you going to set the same policy for every MALE member of the service? This recall policy was PART OF THE CONTRACT SHE SIGNED. What part of that do you not understand?

btw, if she were against the war, and didn't want to serve for that reason, you'd be calling for her to be burnt at the stake.

I don't think anyone should be forced to serve after they've already served their 4 years.

I LOATHE THEM.

Your obligation is EIGHT years, not four. She stays on the IRR for four years after her initial four years. She signed the dotted line agreeing to such she got the bonuses and schooling and is now backing out.

I don't think anyone should be forced to serve after they've already served their 4 years.

Where the fuck do you get the impression you're just signing up for a flat 4 years and you're done? You're signing up to SERVE. Period. However long that contracts states is how long they own your ass. You don't get to show up for however long you decide to, collect the freebies, and bennies, and sign off just because YOU decide you're done.

I don't know enough about this story to make a judgment yet. What if her husband is also in Iraq, or got killed in the service of his country? She may have had suitable arrangements before she entered the service and something happened to stop that. Perhaps both her parents died? How do you leave your kids with a stranger and what kind of stranger would you leave them with, heck what kind of stranger would take them?

Besides, she was "recalled" to the army, that's means she's already served her term once....how many terms is a mother suppose to find childcare for?

You sign those papers knowing full well that once you're discharged, or retire, you're still subject to recall for X number of years. You have plans in place at all times. PERIOD. If something happens and one plan falls through, you make another, just in case. And another. None of this is hidden from you when you join - it's all stated up front. Anyone existing on the "It'll never happen to me." mentality is just stupid.

So, again.. would Truth be saying "Good!" if she just decided childrearing was too difficult? Or, is it just "other" responsibilities, and contracts you sign that are just ok to walk away from because they get inconvenient?

Again, we don't know the whole story, who do you suggest she leave her kids with?
If a woman chooses to join the military, she really should decide to hold off on kids, if she doesn't have adequate back-up if 'something happens'. In this case, the kids look post 9/11, thus the odds of 'something happening' were significant.

Forum List

Back