NC Mom discharged from Military

Discussion in 'Military' started by catzmeow, Mar 2, 2009.

1. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    NC mom recalled to Army duty will be discharged

I call bullshit on this nonsense. Girlfriend needs to grow the fuck up. If women want to be equals, they have to step up and be equals, even when it is difficult and challenging.

There have been a lot of times in my life when finding childcare was difficult. I worked it out.

I wish the military had not caved in this situation. It sets a dangerous precedent.

2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Good!

3. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You think it's perfectly acceptable to just walk away from your responsibilities without repercussions? And would you be saying the same if she just up and walked away from her kids because raising them was too much trouble?

4. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    I don't know enough about this story to make a judgment yet. What if her husband is also in Iraq, or got killed in the service of his country? She may have had suitable arrangements before she entered the service and something happened to stop that. Perhaps both her parents died? How do you leave your kids with a stranger and what kind of stranger would you leave them with, heck what kind of stranger would take them?

Besides, she was "recalled" to the army, that's means she's already served her term once....how many terms is a mother suppose to find childcare for?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,636

Not perfectly acceptable.. Just acceptable in an imperfect world. Men walk away from their responsiblities and obligations every day of the week, I kind of like it hat this mom thinks of her children first. , This little soldier served her active duty time even went to Iraq I think.. She became inactive and circumstances changed.. So I think the right decision was made.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  6. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    Just another example of why women should Not be allowed in military service.

7. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You sign those papers knowing full well that once you're discharged, or retire, you're still subject to recall for X number of years. You have plans in place at all times. PERIOD. If something happens and one plan falls through, you make another, just in case. And another. None of this is hidden from you when you join - it's all stated up front. Anyone existing on the "It'll never happen to me." mentality is just stupid.

So, again.. would Truth be saying "Good!" if she just decided childrearing was too difficult? Or, is it just "other" responsibilities, and contracts you sign that are just ok to walk away from because they get inconvenient?

8. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    She isn't "done" serving until approx. 7-10 years (I forget how many exactly) of non-recall after her discharge.

So, you're incorrect. She hasn't served her term yet. It's not complete.

9. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    Her husband travels for his job, but lives in the states.

I don't know. How many terms are fathers supposed to do this?

Why have a different standard for women than for men? I call bullshit.

10. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Again, we don't know the whole story, who do you suggest she leave her kids with?