NC governor recommends suspending elections for years to focus on jobs

Bigreb, there was an Archie cartoon a few days back in those fr daily collections that I used to toss up on THC as the daily figleaf, where one of the girls says "My hair was dry ten minutes ago, I'm waiting for the bondo on my face to set."
Did you ever notice Bev Perdue's face has that same stony set that Nancy pelosi's does? Same botox overdose for both?

No one laugh if it was a joke. She never paused but kept talking.

She did and her spokesweasels claimed:

The governor's office has since claimed the remark was "hyperbole."

ARTICLE

Bigreb, there was an Archie cartoon a few days back in those fr daily collections that I used to toss up on THC as the daily figleaf, where one of the girls says "My hair was dry ten minutes ago, I'm waiting for the bondo on my face to set."
Did you ever notice Bev Perdue's face has that same stony set that Nancy pelosi's does? Same botox overdose for both?

No one laugh if it was a joke. She never paused but kept talking.

She did and her spokesweasels claimed:

The governor's office has since claimed the remark was "hyperbole."

ARTICLE

I meant to say No one laughed it wasn't a joke but for some reason left out the n't

Why does nobody understand

1. She's talking about how Congresspeople spend only half their term doing their job before they start spending the rest of the term getting ready to try to be re-elected (a rather inefficient system and her issue seems to be that inefficiency from which the country suffers)?

2. Her suggestion would not help Democrats at all because it would ensure the GOP remains in control of Congress?

I don't agree with her suggestion, but I think it's misrepresentation to try to paint the whole thing out as if she's trying to dismantle democracy.

Why does nobody understand

1. She's talking about how Congresspeople spend only half their term doing their job before they start spending the rest of the term getting ready to try to be re-elected (a rather inefficient system and her issue seems to be that inefficiency from which the country suffers)?

2. Her suggestion would not help Democrats at all because it would ensure the GOP remains in control of Congress?

I don't agree with her suggestion, but I think it's misrepresentation to try to paint the whole thing out as if she's trying to dismantle democracy.

poor fucking babies, they chose to run they knew what the cost would be being a congressman was never meant to be a full time job.

poor fucking babies, they chose to run they knew what the cost would be being a congressman was never meant to be a full time job.

Umm, what? Whatever it was "meant" to be, the fact is that there is ALOT of work for our Congress to do on a regular basis. And they should get it done. The Gov. here is saying that the two year election cycle for Congress creates too much distraction, and leaves them spending half their time in office campaigning for the next election when they should instead be spending more time doing the work of Congresspeople.

Umm, what? Whatever it was "meant" to be, the fact is that there is ALOT of work for our Congress to do on a regular basis. And they should get it done. The Gov. here is saying that the two year election cycle for Congress creates too much distraction, and leaves them spending half their time in office campaigning for the next election when they should instead be spending more time doing the work of Congresspeople.

Do their job or move on and let someone else do it.

Do their job or move on and let someone else do it.

Um, I don't know you. But I'm not sure you're connected with what's being said here by anyone. It's like you're having a completely different conversation. The Gov. is suggesting that the two year election cycle creates too much of a distraction from Congresspeople doing their jobs. That too much of their time is diverted away from doing those jobs. And her recommendation was that by suspending elections this go around, it would give Congresspeople nothing to distract them, thus devoting more time to doing those jobs.

It would seem that you and the Gov. are interested in the same thing, having Congress focus their attention on their jobs, making improvements to the economy, etc.

Forum List

Back