NBC using the Parkland incident to push their agenda

You agree that you're an idiot? Ok.

You will see ANYONE who doesn't want to give up their Constitutional rights as an idiot....so I'm ok with what you think.......because it's irrelevant

You're an idiot because the point of your OP was that since we have texting while driving accidents we shouldn't do anything about mass murderers with guns. 1) The former has nothing to do with the latter and 2) It's illegal to text and drive in Florida.

Then you went and misunderstood my post calling you an idiot, just to put the cherry on top.

We see all the gun grabbers come out.
Yet they cannot address the plain fact that gun related deaths are a tiny fraction of more serious social issues.

It is so clear to see all they want is to grab guns and make Americans defenseless.

Meanwhile, they couldn't care less if millions die....as long as the guns were all confiscated.

Beware.....never, EVER allow the Left to accomplish this. Let Venezuela be your guide as to what modern day Leftists want

Last edited:
You should see the extravagant story NBC is spinning on the news.

The words they are using and the visuals are obviously over dramatized and geared towards frightening people into joining the guns must go bandwagon.

They continue to call an AR15 an assault weapon.

This is all about demonizing guns.

The propaganda is off the charts. The Communists are in high gear pushing to disarm Americans and nullify the 2nd Amendment.

Noone wants innocent people hurt and we all feel for the victims and their families, but there is no mention for example, of the thousands of injuries and deaths due to texting etc at the same period of time.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Right, nothing like wasting what? Every mass shooting ever to never change any laws?

You're an idiot because the point of your OP was that since we have texting while driving accidents we shouldn't do anything about mass murderers with guns. 1) The former has nothing to do with the latter and 2) It's illegal to text and drive in Florida.

Then you went and misunderstood my post calling you an idiot, just to put the cherry on top.

lol
You only "think" I misunderstood" your post.
It just didn't crush me as you hoped ;-)

So you called me an "idiot"...would you like me to roll over and die?
Ouch.....you hurt my feewings.........NOT

The words they are using and the visuals are obviously over dramatized and geared towards frightening people into joining the guns must go bandwagon.

The propaganda is off the charts. The Communists are in high gear pushing to disarm Americans and nullify the 2nd Amendment.

Noone wants innocent people hurt and we all feel for the victims and their families, but there is no mention for example, of the thousands of injuries and deaths due to texting etc at the same period of time.

Right, nothing like wasting what? Every mass shooting ever to never change any laws?

Agreed. We should make it illegal to bring guns into schools and that will stop this right in its tracks........

lol
You only "think" I misunderstood" your post.

So you called me an "idiot"...would you like me to roll over and die?
Ouch.....you hurt my feewings.........NOT

I gottcha', the ol' let's pretend you were in on it all along.

Still....NOT ONE Leftist can explain why the thousands that die are less important than the 17 in Parkland......

Waiting....(but not holding my breath)

[QUOTE="HappyJoy, post: 19340033, member: 54346"
I gottcha', the ol' let's pretend you were in on it all along.[/QUOTE]

Ok...so you got me.

Now can you answer the question?

Why is it not as news worthy the TENS of thousands who die annually to drug overdoses, suicide, texting while driving, drunk driving (we may be getting into the hundreds of thousands) vs the 17 in Parkland?

Why is the Left media covering this non stop around the clock as if it's still in progress?

And why is the left enhancing it as to have the maximum emotional effect rather than just doing their jobs and reporting the news???

Agreed. We should make it illegal to bring guns into schools and that will stop this right in its tracks........

We could use the opportunity to draw awareness that mentally ill people shouldn't have guns. When you see someone making threats online then the authorities need to take it more seriously. There should be some clear cut guidelines put into place.

The NICS background system should be updated so that medical personnel have a path to input data into the system.

Also, this is a great opportunity yet again to make mandatory that all sales of firearms be verified through the NICS system.

All of this should have been done a long time ago and I'd bet you really don't have an issue with any of it but for whatever reason you buy into the NRAs arguments about even talking about common sense gun control.

We could use the opportunity to draw awareness that mentally ill people shouldn't have guns. When you see someone making threats online then the authorities need to take it more seriously. There should be some clear cut guidelines put into place.

The NICS background system should be updated so that medical personnel have a path to input data into the system.

Also, this is a great opportunity yet again to make mandatory that all sales of firearms be verified through the NICS system.

All of this should have been done a long time ago and I'd bet you really don't have an issue with any of it but for whatever reason you buy into the NRAs arguments about even talking about common sense gun control.

Thank you for putting aside the flaming and giving an answer.
Yes, agreed, we could use the opportunity to draw awareness to mental illness. Excellent.

Taking threats more seriously ...excellent.

All sales verified through NCIS.......can you be specific as to which ones you believe are not?

I'm surprisingly not a big fan of the NRA....however, I'm a big fan of the 2nd Amendment. There are other groups fighting to preserve 2nd Amendment rights.

You speak of "common sense" gun control. What about the thousands of laws already on the books? Are they not already enough "Common Sense"? How many MORE laws would we need to make sure there are no holes and everyone is safe?

You see.....that's the point. There is NO amount because there will ALWAYS be mentally ill people who find a way.
The number of people who have used guns to kill multiple unknown persons is statistically extremely small.
Should we really change the laws for 320 MILLION because of these few lunatics or should we focus on making sure those like the FBI do their damned jobs!?
And further, shouldn't we put more resources into paying attention to and treating the mentally ill? If they don't use a gun, they will use a truck or car with the same exact results sans bullets.

Blood spilled is blood spilled and dead is dead...regardless of how you got there.

What we need to focus on is not guns.....but mental health. Until we tackle mental health responsibly as a society, we will keep having these and many other tragedies.

I gottcha', the ol' let's pretend you were in on it all along.

Ok...so you got me.

Now can you answer the question?

Why is it not as news worthy the TENS of thousands who die annually to drug overdoses, suicide, texting while driving, drunk driving (we may be getting into the hundreds of thousands) vs the 17 in Parkland?

Why is the Left media covering this non stop around the clock as if it's still in progress?

And why is the left enhancing it as to have the maximum emotional effect rather than just doing their jobs and reporting the news???

There is a huge campaign against texting while driving and many states and localities have outlawed it, where have you been?

Drug overdoses? You haven't seen the multitude of anti-drug ads on tv for decades? Where have you been? I seem to remember we are in the middle of opioid epidemic that has been in the news quite often. This country is also having a big debate about the legalization of marijuana. Drugs are in the news, often.

Also, what makes you think gun deaths among our youth is unimportant?

Study reveals "staggering" toll of guns on U.S. kids - CBS News

The tally makes gunshot wounds the third leading cause of death for children ages 1 to 17 years.

Of course mass shootings in highschools affect more than just the 17 Parkland students. Let's ignore (because you've already chosen to) the victims of past mass shootings, what about all the survivors? What sort of trauma do they have to deal with the rest of their lives? How about the family members of those dead kids? What about the kids who are shot but survive, perhaps with permanent nerve damage, PTSD or maybe they are just lucky enough to live out their days in a wheelchair.

No, you'd rather focus on anything that doesn't have to do with a gun.

There is a huge campaign against texting while driving and many states and localities have outlawed it, where have you been?

Drug overdoses? You haven't seen the multitude of anti-drug ads on tv for decades? Where have you been? I seem to remember we are in the middle of opioid epidemic that has been in the news quite often. This country is also having a big debate about the legalization of marijuana. Drugs are in the news, often.

Also, what makes you think gun deaths among our youth unimportant?

The tally makes gunshot wounds the third leading cause of death for children ages 1 to 17 years.

Of course mass shootings in highschools affect more than just the 17 Parkland students. Let's ignore (because you've already chosen to) the victims of past mass shootings, what about all the survivors? What sort of trauma do they have to deal with the rest of their lives? How about the family members of those dead kids? What about the kids who are shot but survive, perhaps with permanent nerve damage, PTSD or maybe they are just lucky enough to live out their days in a wheelchair.

Again, this thread is specifically about NBC using the tragedy as propaganda to a political end.
There are occasional stories on the other problems...but they are not dramatized for maximum emotional effect as these gun stories are. Clearly different. And they do not assign "TEAMS" (their own words) to the other stories. Maybe A reporter?

CBS's "staggering" numbers are not so staggering once you actually disseminate them. More propaganda.

Why do you insist on saying that I focus on everything but guns? Maybe because I think about the problem more rationally? Do guns get up and decide to go kill people?
Not one in history has been documented to do so. So I focus on the ROOT of the problem, not the TOOL used.

If a Leftist loon uses a truck to plow down 85 people (as recently happened in France), would I be wise to forget the driver and instead, focus on truck safety? Maybe better bumpers? Brighter lights? It's like the Let's focus on guns used in crimes. The critical part (the human) is overlooked in favor of focusing on the object. It's a kind of denial in my opinion.

And that's where the Left fails and why we keep having these problems.
The ROOT is ignored while the OBJECTS are blamed

Humans MUST be held accountable for their actions. How do you hold an OBJECT accountable? it's nonsense.

And again, the notion that we'll all be "safer" without guns is ludicrous.
Recent statistics published by the BBC confirm that the UK is becoming more violent and did you know they have no 2nd Amendment? Even gun crimes are increasing dramatically in the UK. What happened to all the "common sense" gun control"? Why isn't it working?

While actual shootings may be statistically higher in the USA, that's a skewed view. 1st, we have a MUCH larger population. Second, violent crimes are more prevalent in the UK such as rapes, robberies and assaults and home invasions. The USA has much fewer of these because of the deterrent effect of gun ownership. Take away the guns and without a doubt, crime would skyrocket.

One need only be open to the facts and not be emotionally swayed easily.

Last edited:

Thank you for putting aside the flaming and giving an answer.
Yes, agreed, we could use the opportunity to draw awareness to mental illness. Excellent.

Taking threats more seriously ...excellent.

All sales verified through NCIS.......can you be specific as to which ones you believe are not?

All, to include passing down firearms between family members.

I'm surprisingly not a big fan of the NRA....however, I'm a big fan of the 2nd Amendment. There are other groups fighting to preserve 2nd Amendment rights.

The 2nd isn't going anywhere, but let's make sure the people who are legally buying guns aren't criminals or mentally ill. I am a gun owner myself and I don't want people who shouldn't have them to be able to get them so easily.

You speak of "common sense" gun control. What about the thousands of laws already on the books? Are they not already enough "Common Sense"? How many MORE laws would we need to make sure there are no holes and everyone is safe?

They aren't enough. When you have loopholes that do not need to go through a background check then they are not enough. When there is no way for mental health professionals to impact the background system then something needs to change.

I also believe that for when a mass shooting happens that maybe they shouldn't so easily be able to get their hands on extended magazines and bump stalks, they should be illegal.

You see.....that's the point. There is NO amount because there will ALWAYS be mentally ill people who find a way.

There will always be people using guns inappropriately. But you pass the laws to reduce the occurrences. Otherwise why have any laws at all?

The number of people who have used guns to kill multiple unknown persons is statistically extremely small.

So is terrorism in the United States, that doesn't mean we let it go. These mass shootings are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Americans killing Americans with guns, We as a country are in a league of our own in this category. We make it too easy for the bad guy to get his hands on a gun.

Should we really change the laws for 320 MILLION because of these few lunatics or should we focus on making sure those like the FBI do their damned jobs!?
And further, shouldn't we put more resources into paying attention to and treating the mentally ill? If they don't use a gun, they will use a truck or car with the same exact results sans bullets.

Yes, we should. Especially when gun deaths are the third most common way to die for a kid is. 320 million people don't have guns, only about 37% do and most of them want better background checks.

Blood spilled is blood spilled and dead is dead...regardless of how you got there.

Absolutely not true. Most kids don't get cancer but we still spend money, time and research cures. Same should be true with gun deaths.

What we need to focus on is not guns.....but mental health. Until we tackle mental health responsibly as a society, we will keep having these and many other tragedies.

We can't simply say 'we need to focus on mental health' without there being some sort of impact on how we attain our guns.

I'm quite literate, thank you. I'll keep this simple, since anything else seems to fly over your head.

You made a claim about NBC which infers you watched NBC. I might be wrong, you likely echoed what someone told you (such as Hannity or Limbaugh).

Assault is defined as a physical assault, it is a generic term and thus accurate to use when a gun is used to assault others. Guns are not demonized, per se; they are a tool for killing, even in sport when one is on the range, the purpose for practice is to hone the skill to kill an attacker or an animal.

Guns are regulated, and the infringement argument is a fools paradise. If the 2nd A. were to be followed as the NRA and its supporters believe it should, guns could go everywhere an there would be no restriction on the fire power available to every citizen.

The Greatest Danger to the 2nd A. is you, and others like you. As more & more egregious murders of innocents occur, the louder the protests will become. And if Pols value one thing, it is their job. The voices of the generation soon to be, or of age to vote today, are loud and growing: Enough is Enough.

That there in red......Illegal guns are NOT regulated and no one knows how many of them there are. Here is some info...

"The bottom line of most of this information is quite clear: the firearms being used in crimes are overwhelmingly illegal weapons, and unfortunately, the government is unable to track illegal weapons because of their illegal, unregistered status."

Illegal Guns Statistics - Gun | Laws.com

If guns could 'go everywhere' perpetrators wouldn't choose 'soft targets' because there would be none.

Also, what makes you think gun deaths among our youth unimportant?

Again, this thread is specifically about NBC using the tragedy as propaganda to a political end.
There are occasional stories on the other problems...but they are not dramatized for maximum emotional effect as these gun stories are. Clearly different. And they do not assign "TEAMS" (their own words) to the other stories. Maybe A reporter?

CBS's "staggering" numbers are not so staggering once you actually disseminate them. More propaganda.

Why do you insist on saying that I focus on everything but guns? Maybe because I think about the problem more rationally? Do guns get up and decide to go kill people?
Not one in history has been documented to do so. So I focus on the ROOT of the problem, not the TOOL used.

If a Leftist loon uses a truck to plow down 85 people (as recently happened in France), would I be wise to forget the driver and instead, focus on truck safety? Maybe better bumpers? Brighter lights? It's like the Let's focus on guns used in crimes. The critical part (the human) is overlooked in favor of focusing on the object. It's a kind of denial in my opinion.

And that's where the Left fails and why we keep having these problems.
The ROOT is ignored while the OBJECTS are blamed

Humans MUST be held accountable for their actions. How do you hold an OBJECT accountable? it's nonsense.

And again, the notion that we'll all be "safer" without guns is ludicrous.
Recent statistics published by the BBC confirm that the UK is becoming more violent and did you know they have no 2nd Amendment? Even gun crimes are increasing dramatically in the UK. What happened to all the "common sense" gun control"? Why isn't it working?

While actual shootings may be statistically higher in the USA, that's a skewed view. 1st, we have a MUCH larger population. Second, violent crimes are more prevalent in the UK such as rapes, robberies and assaults and home invasions. The USA has much fewer of these because of the deterrent effect of gun ownership. Take away the guns and without a doubt, crime would skyrocket.

One need only be open to the facts and not be emotionally swayed easily.

Kid, this argument about the U.S. numbers only being higher because we have a larger population is simply bunk. Per capita we shoot each other more often, we have a higher success rate when it comes to suicide and many in this country worship guns to a sickly conclusion. Other countries have mental health issues just like we do, they don't have the gun violence to go along with it.

As for NBC, they are covering this a lot right now because a massacre just happened and also that no action has been taken by our government. What is different this time is the people who were in the school have decided to take matters into their own hands because nothing has happened in the past. I'm happy they are getting involved. The more I see of this latest generation the more confidence I have in our future.

I'm quite literate, thank you. I'll keep this simple, since anything else seems to fly over your head..

I stopped reading your post at this......
Since this was your intro...I knew the rest was garbage

I'll continue to read yours, I'm not only very well educated, I'm curious and seek to understand. What I am puzzled about, are people like you; those who are pathologically angry and intolerant of people who won't agree with them.

Why do you express hate for people in your every post you have never met & will never know (I suppose that form of aggression provides a safe harbor for you, which makes all of your comments the words of a coward)?

Just wondering, who or what is behind this organized march? Where'd they get all those spanking new buses? Someone or something is funding this.

Check out the PIX.....
eth7br.jpg

All, to include passing down firearms between family members.

It seems that you want more laws to make you feel better without addressing the issue of mental illness. Also, your "trust" in government is evident. Would you feel so inclined to have your guns so well traced if the right-wing gains control of the SCOTUS, both houses of Congress and a supermajority of Federal Judges? You seem to lack understanding of the bare essentials of the US Constitution.....protecting the citizens against government tyranny. Your feel good measures simply make it easier for the government to find who has guns without addressing the real root of the problem.

The 2nd isn't going anywhere, but let's make sure the people who are legally buying guns aren't criminals or mentally ill. I am a gun owner myself and I don't want people who shouldn't have them to be able to get them so easily.

Criminals buying guns? Are you serious? If people who broke laws followed them, we wouldn't need them in the first place. Why did you buy a gun? If you say primarily for personal protection you just failed US Constitution 101. The US Constitution doesn't give a rats ass about your gun for personal protection.

They aren't enough. When you have loopholes that do not need to go through a background check then they are not enough. When there is no way for mental health professionals to impact the background system then something needs to change.

You see...."There aren't enough laws on the books". This is what all gun grabbers say. Yes there are. You are under the false notion that Laws can prevent crime. It never has and never will prevent all crime. And criminals don't care about laws or loopholes. If you are a gun owner then someone could break into your house, steal YOUR gun and use it in the next mass shooting.

I also believe that for when a mass shooting happens that maybe they shouldn't so easily be able to get their hands on extended magazines and bump stalks, they should be illegal.

Extended magazines are for 2nd Amendment purposes. Again, you clearly fail to understand the Constitution.

[/QUOTE]

There will always be people using guns inappropriately. But you pass the laws to reduce the occurrences. Otherwise why have any laws at all?

Excessive legislation which hinders the original intent of the US Constitution is why you don't want too many laws. You can't have perfect safety and freedom at the same time. You want to give up liberty for some feel good fake security. That never ends well.

So is terrorism in the United States, that doesn't mean we let it go. These mass shootings are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Americans killing Americans with guns, We as a country are in a league of our own in this category. We make it too easy for the bad guy to get his hands on a gun.

Over regulating is one of the biggest faults with the Federal Governemt, especially when it's been proven time and time again that the excess legislation serves no purpose.
Sorry, the number of bad guys with guns in Europe is on a dramatic increase. They have no 2nd Amendment. Where are all the guns coming from? You sound like a gun grabber. I question your claim you are a gun owner. Seriously.

Yes, we should. Especially when gun deaths are the third most common way to die for a kid is. 320 million people don't have guns, only about 37% do and most of them want better background checks.

Blatant dishonesty. Spoken like a true gun grabber and disbeliever in the 2nd Amendment. Guns are far down the list from 3rd. Not sure whee you're getting your information? More than 37%. Much more. Remember....you yourself mentioned how easily guns can be hidden from the system. Try 63%. Gun grabbers want better background checks. I had to go through one for each and every firearm I've ever purchased. But gun grabbers demand more.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not true. Most kids don't get cancer but we still spend money, time and research cures. Same should be true with gun deaths.

I'm speaking of intentional homicide.

We can't simply say 'we need to focus on mental health' without there being some sort of impact on how we attain our guns.

We need our priorities in order.
Guns are not killing people....PEOPLE are killing people.

We need to focus on the problem first and foremost. Otherwise all you're doing is trading gun deaths for vehicular homicides and stabbings etc.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back