NBC omits "under God"

Its not about forcing you to say "under God", its the possibility that some idiot at NBC decided to leave it out to not offend certain people, and by certain people I mean our more evangelical atheists, who cringe at the sight of a cross, swoon at the mention of Jesus, and go into convulsions when in the presence of s minorah.

What's wrong with leaving it out? Religion should be kept in churches, mosques, temples and synagogues. Out of schools, baseball games, or any other past time for that matter...

The only restriction on religon in the country is that the government cannot endorse it. If people want to pray at a baseball game, they can, and they should be able to. And you should be secure enough in your own beliefs to not be offended by it.

Thats like saying atheism should be kept in "freethinkers" meetings, or smarmy discussion groups at overpriced coffee shops.

I know that the line is overplayed, but freedom of religion is not freedom from religion.

Absolutely they can pray at a game - just don't ask me to, or bow my head. And don't get all smarmy and say that those who don't pray are somehow a lesser [insert nationality] here, or not as patriotic. Now, I'm not saying you think that, but a lot of people do.

I think you should be as free from religion as you can without penalty of favour. It comes back to Pilgrim's piece about pursuit of happiness etc....

During sunday's US Open golf tournament, NBC ran a segment where they showed kids reciting the pledge of allegiance, which was great. But they edited out the "under God" words, similar to what president Obama himself did awhile back in a speech I think. They got a lot of blowback from irrate viewers complaining about the omission, so they apologized saying it was not done to upset anyone.

Well I'm not sure about that, but I am sure it was done intentionally, as did Obama. I have to question why, surely they know this is going to inflame a lot of people. And for what? You know what, I think it comes down to arrogance, an eliteist position of gov't over God. It's deliberately done with condescension and shows a lack of respect for any other view but thir own. It's like we don't care what you think, if you don't agree then you're wrong and should be ignored or at least discounted.

Here again we have the media NBC--and their affiliate MS-NBC--BTW (liberals favorite chanel) which is also known as the Obama media networks --trying to "rewrite" the Pledge of Alligance for us.

$Media bias.jpg

During sunday's US Open golf tournament, NBC ran a segment where they showed kids reciting the pledge of allegiance, which was great. But they edited out the "under God" words, similar to what president Obama himself did awhile back in a speech I think. They got a lot of blowback from irrate viewers complaining about the omission, so they apologized saying it was not done to upset anyone.

Well I'm not sure about that, but I am sure it was done intentionally, as did Obama. I have to question why, surely they know this is going to inflame a lot of people. And for what? You know what, I think it comes down to arrogance, an eliteist position of gov't over God. It's deliberately done with condescension and shows a lack of respect for any other view but thir own. It's like we don't care what you think, if you don't agree then you're wrong and should be ignored or at least discounted.

Here again we have the media NBC--and their affiliate MS-NBC--BTW (liberals favorite chanel) which is also known as the Obama media networks --trying to "rewrite" the Pledge of Alligance for us.

View attachment 13774

It's already been rewritten once to include under god, nothing wrong with rewriting it again....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZIDvLJhSOE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪U.S. Open, NBC cuts 'Under God' from Pledge of Allegiance‬‏[/ame]

i don't recall the president doing that. what i do recall is him not putting his hand over his heart during the national anthem (something i've never done, but there ya go).

as for the words "under G-d", they were never in the pledge until the McCarthy Era because that's how the commie hunters wanted to weed out commies.

I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it either way.

Below was the incident I had in mind, got it wrong specifically but not generally. Is it a big deal, the NBC thing or this? In the overall scope of things we have to deal with today, probably not. I don't care if Obama is religious or not, although I will say I don't like the hypocrisy of it, saying one thing and being another. But don't be editing the Pledge, or misquoting the Declaration on purpose to make a poliical point. And don't be telling me is was a mistake, these people know damn well what the words are and they should get it right or not say it at all.

Back in Sept 2010:

File this under the pseudo-Christian column. President Obama concluded his speech at this week’s Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute gala with,

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, endowed with certain inalienable rights, life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

The U.S. Declaration of Independence reads,

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
YES IT DOES but the word creator does not nessasarily mean the christian god
remember the fondling fathers were mostly deist . the word can mean differant things to differant people the problem arizes when the christians claim every time the word god is used it applies to there diety .

i in my work recite the pledge a lot never say god either leave the words out ( takes some practice) or say *under dog* eishenhower bastardized it needs to be reversed a sto the words as were written

Its not about forcing you to say "under God", its the possibility that some idiot at NBC decided to leave it out to not offend certain people, and by certain people I mean our more evangelical atheists, who cringe at the sight of a cross, swoon at the mention of Jesus, and go into convulsions when in the presence of s minorah.

What's wrong with leaving it out? Religion should be kept in churches, mosques, temples and synagogues. Out of schools, baseball games, or any other past time for that matter...

The only restriction on religon in the country is that the government cannot endorse it. If people want to pray at a baseball game, they can, and they should be able to. And you should be secure enough in your own beliefs to not be offended by it.

Thats like saying atheism should be kept in "freethinkers" meetings, or smarmy discussion groups at overpriced coffee shops.

I know that the line is overplayed, but freedom of religion is not freedom from religion.
why not as lots of folks do acknowledge a 2 min silence every citizen can then pray to whomever they choice jesus ,the tooth fairy ,flying spaghetti monster . or nobody at all
why is that unexceptable to chrisitans .

at sports yes those that WISH should be able to pray praying has never hurt anybody .the hurt comes when a person is forced to say or do something they have no desire to do ./say

when i take a oath i AFFIRM no hand on bible no god word .
those that want to use the god word are quite welcome to swear on the bible and say so help me god
what harm does either choice do to the other ????

the problem as i see it is christians are not tolerant of the views of others ,whether atheist are in the minority or not we are still entitled to our opinion and the freedom to express it .

They we're probably just practicing their pillar belief of "Separation of Church and State", themselves of course being "The State Run Media".

Look, NBC is a lefty media outlet.

They assumed most people that watch think like them. [that is what happens when you hire people that think the same]

They were wrong

The public called them on it and they apologized.

If anyone thinks it was done by mistake, you're a hack.

remember, libtards in AZ wanna form, divide, their own state.

They assumed most people that watch think like them. [that is what happens when you hire people that think the same]

They were wrong

Don't care if it was done by mistake or not. I'm glad they left it out....

Absolutely they can pray at a game - just don't ask me to, or bow my head. And don't get all smarmy and say that those who don't pray are somehow a lesser [insert nationality] here, or not as patriotic. Now, I'm not saying you think that, but a lot of people do.

I think you should be as free from religion as you can without penalty of favour. It comes back to Pilgrim's piece about pursuit of happiness etc....

In the case of NBC it wasnt about asking you to go along with it, its that in a coincidence, the one contraversial line was for some reason left out.

In the case of NBC it wasnt about asking you to go along with it, its that in a coincidence, the one contraversial line was for some reason left out.

Not a bad thing, either...

They were wrong

Then your hate for people of faith has over come your ability to reason.

i don't recall the president doing that. what i do recall is him not putting his hand over his heart during the national anthem (something i've never done, but there ya go).

as for the words "under G-d", they were never in the pledge until the McCarthy Era because that's how the commie hunters wanted to weed out commies.

I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it either way.

Below was the incident I had in mind, got it wrong specifically but not generally. Is it a big deal, the NBC thing or this? In the overall scope of things we have to deal with today, probably not. I don't care if Obama is religious or not, although I will say I don't like the hypocrisy of it, saying one thing and being another. But don't be editing the Pledge, or misquoting the Declaration on purpose to make a political point. And don't be telling me is was a mistake, these people know damn well what the words are and they should get it right or not say it at all.

Back in Sept 2010:

File this under the pseudo-Christian column. President Obama concluded his speech at this week’s Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute gala with,

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, endowed with certain inalienable rights, life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
YES IT DOES but the word creator does not necessarily mean the Christian god
remember the fondling fathers were mostly deist . the word can mean different things to different people the problem arizes when the Christians claim every time the word god is used it applies to there Deity .

i in my work recite the pledge a lot never say god either leave the words out ( takes some practice) or say *under dog* eishenhower bastardized it needs to be reversed a sto the words as were written

The majority of our founding father's were Christian's. They were not deist's. Even the few who were deist's proclaimed of an active God.

http://www.patheos.com/Resources/Ad...hers-Were-Not-Deists-John-Fea-02-02-2011.html

The creator falls under Christians, Jews and Muslims, as many other type of religions do.
You have the right in this nation to drop the word under God or substitute it. But the majority of this nation is religious and those of you who don't believe, do not have the right to take those words out.

This is political correctness run amok again.

Last edited:

They were wrong

how is not wanting to be subjected to religion the same as hatred for people of faith?

Below was the incident I had in mind, got it wrong specifically but not generally. Is it a big deal, the NBC thing or this? In the overall scope of things we have to deal with today, probably not. I don't care if Obama is religious or not, although I will say I don't like the hypocrisy of it, saying one thing and being another. But don't be editing the Pledge, or misquoting the Declaration on purpose to make a political point. And don't be telling me is was a mistake, these people know damn well what the words are and they should get it right or not say it at all.

Back in Sept 2010:

YES IT DOES but the word creator does not necessarily mean the Christian god
remember the fondling fathers were mostly deist . the word can mean different things to different people the problem arizes when the Christians claim every time the word god is used it applies to there Deity .

The majority of our founding father's were Christian's. They were not deist's. Even the few who were deist's proclaimed of an active God.

The Founding Fathers Were Not Deists

The creator falls under Christians, Jews and Muslims, as many other type of religions do.
You have the right in this nation to drop the word under God or substitute it. But the majority of this nation is religious and those of you who don't believe, do not have the right to take those words out.

This is political correctness run amok again.

actually, most of the founding fathers were deists who had a belief in a higher power, but not necessarily in christian dogma.

most of the founding fathers were also slave owners.

just because it was done in the 1700's doesn't make it necessarily right.

and "under g-d" was not in the pledge prior to the 1950's so they clearly never intended that.

well im not a christian so im not running on that. Im just bored and your post really did seem insulting to those who are bothered by it. I think its stupid that they left it out but they apologized so what's left to do but accept it and move on, right?

you just felt like pushing the christian victim button??

No I felt like calling out someone who, like many in this thread, unfairly attacked those who were offended by what NBC appeared to do intentionally.

Like I said they apologized which is admitting they were wrong so its time to move on. If they do it again then make a big deal.

how is not wanting to be subjected to religion the same as hatred for people of faith?

Who is forcing you to say under god when you say the pledge?
You do realize this is America and you can say "one nation, under jillian" instead if you want right? or even do what NBC did and say nothing.

Why do you want to infringe on what other people have enjoyed as the pledge for the last 60 years?

i hope you answer those directly.

Last edited:

No one is, was or has subjected any one to religion in a very very very long time.

Freedom of, not from religion

"under god, indivisible" is not going to harm anyone.

Forum List

Back