NBC omits "under God"

Doesn't make it right either...freedom from religion and all that.....:cool:

No one ever offered you freedom from religion, no more than you have freedom from speech.

The left seeks to silence the opposition, yet the 1st amendment thwarts you.

So I should be forced into religion? What opposition? Are all the churches closed? Has the FCC shut down all the Holy Roller radio and television shows?

What has the first amendment got to do with forcing me to say "under God" when I don't believe in such a thing?

If some refuse to say that part of the pledge does that make you 'more' American and 'more' patriotic than those who don't?

So rights are derived from the state? Without the state, we would have no rights?

Without government, who is there to enforce any rights you have?

Me silly. We are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights to LIFE, LIBERTY, and PROPERTY (AKA Persuit of happiness).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on whats for dinner, liberty is a well armed lamb contesting that outcome. -Benjamin Franklin.

Only if you believe in a creator. But you don't need to beleive in a creator to have that point of view.

At the end of the day, while the sentiments of both your statements have a nice, Utopian feel to them, the reality is a lot different.

More accurately, they edited it to fit the time, not realizing the hysterics that would come from it, from rapid, obsessive politic-religious nutjobs.

The "NBC hates Christians" meme is pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Say 2 words for me "Under god"

how long did that take 1, 2, maybe 3 seconds? Way to save that time in a 3+ hour broadcast :rofl: Your excuse is like your avatar shit.

either way.. who cares? other than the religious right??

and honestly, i don't care what the religious right thinks.

its ironic your posting here in light of all that ;)

More accurately, they edited it to fit the time, not realizing the hysterics that would come from it, from rapid, obsessive politic-religious nutjobs.

The "NBC hates Christians" meme is pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

how long did that take 1, 2, maybe 3 seconds? Way to save that time in a 3+ hour broadcast :rofl: Your excuse is like your avatar shit.

Now say Allah Akbar for me and let's say for shits and giggles it is added to the end of the pledge of allegience. Still want to say those two 'little' words?

it already says "under god (allah is god silly)".

Allah akbar, or god is the greatest, is not the same as saying under god.

NBC is "run" by CEO Steven Burke, a Christian and a Republican.

Lets see what MSNBC's CEO has to say about what you just said

Phil Griffin:

msnbc ceo phil griffin said:
Phil Griffin: ‘MSNBC Stands For Something …Is Really The Place To Go For Progressives’

OH SNAP :eek:

Except this thread isn't about something that happened on MSNBC, it was something that happened on NBC.

The context of my post would probably clear things up a little, I'm responding to a very specific comment.

i just think your excuses sucked and my response to this one was fitting, it sucked too LOL.

I'm disappointed in you, Pilgrim. You're normally a fairly respectful poster, and we've had some good conversations - and now you're just being a asshole.

I'm not making "excuses" - why would I make excuses for something that I couldn't care less about? Even if they did do it on purpose, as part of their secret burning hatred of Christians, I still wouldn't care.

I have a really hard time with Conservatives and Christians and their sick need to be persecuted.

Anyone with a grip on reality would see that clip, and think "oh, that was edited a bit weird".

Then there's some of you that immediately jump to WORLDWIDE ANTI-CHRISTIAN CONSPIRACY by ALL THE LIBERALS IN THE WORLD.

And the fact that you don't think 2 or 3 seconds matters when you're editing video further re-enforces my idea that you have no idea what you're talking about here.

yeah but your avatar is literally shit on a flag, i was trying to be funny not a dick to you. I'm sorry that offended you.

That being said it takes, at the very most, 2 seconds to say under god and there were at least 10 seconds of total pause with no sound in that clip so your reasoning that it had to be edited for time seemed very shallow to me so I called it out. Especially in light of how you presented it in such a way as to insult those who were bothered by it being left out.

Without government, who is there to enforce any rights you have?

Me silly. We are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights to LIFE, LIBERTY, and PROPERTY (AKA Persuit of happiness).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on whats for dinner, liberty is a well armed lamb contesting that outcome. -Benjamin Franklin.

Only if you believe in a creator. But you don't need to beleive in a creator to have that point of view.

At the end of the day, while the sentiments of both your statements have a nice, Utopian feel to them, the reality is a lot different.

You believe you were created too......i mean your parents had sex and made you right?

See what im saying when i quote the delcaration of independance now? We are given our rights by someone OUTSIDE of the government, not the govt itself.

And my comment wasn't utopian at all, having to defend your rights with force to protect them doesn't seem all that utopian or fun to me....but i will do it if im pushed into it by someone trying to take away the rights I was born with.

Except this thread isn't about something that happened on MSNBC, it was something that happened on NBC.

The context of my post would probably clear things up a little, I'm responding to a very specific comment.

i just think your excuses sucked and my response to this one was fitting, it sucked too LOL.

You know, I always thought you were a reasonable, respectful person, even though we disagree on most things.

I guess I was wrong. Carry on being a dick then.

i just said my response sucked too :confused: Im not trying to be a dick its true, those 2 posts i quoted were low ball.

I'm disappointed in you, Pilgrim. You're normally a fairly respectful poster, and we've had some good conversations - and now you're just being a asshole.

I'm not making "excuses" - why would I make excuses for something that I couldn't care less about? Even if they did do it on purpose, as part of their secret burning hatred of Christians, I still wouldn't care.

I have a really hard time with Conservatives and Christians and their sick need to be persecuted.

Anyone with a grip on reality would see that clip, and think "oh, that was edited a bit weird".

Then there's some of you that immediately jump to WORLDWIDE ANTI-CHRISTIAN CONSPIRACY by ALL THE LIBERALS IN THE WORLD.

And the fact that you don't think 2 or 3 seconds matters when you're editing video further re-enforces my idea that you have no idea what you're talking about here.

yeah but your avatar is literally shit on a flag, i was trying to be funny not a dick to you. I'm sorry that offended you.

That being said it takes, at the very most, 2 seconds to say under god and there were at least 10 seconds of total pause with no sound in that clip so your reasoning that it had to be edited for time seemed very shallow to me so I called it out. Especially in light of how you presented it in such a way as to insult those who were bothered by it being left out.

Apologies, I'm a bit touchy this afternoon, I haven't been having a great day.

I don't believe I was "insulting" people who were bothered that it was being left out, I guess I'm "insulting" the people that think it was all part of the MASSIVE ANTI-CHRISTIAN CONSPIRACY.

If you were upset that it was edited out, that's fine. I don't understand it, but I don't have a problem with it. I have a problem with that being extrapolated that "NBC did it on purpose because everyone at NBC hates Christians".

This whole "persecuted Christians" thing is the fucking retarded.

You know, I always thought you were a reasonable, respectful person, even though we disagree on most things.

I guess I was wrong. Carry on being a dick then.

i just said my response sucked too :confused: Im not trying to be a dick its true, those 2 posts i quoted were low ball.

My comment about the CEO of NBC was directly in response to this claim:
If you believe that this was a simple editing mistake, you have absolutely no idea of the people running NBC--for that matter television in general. These people openly admit there hostility for religion.

I was simply pointing out that it's unlikely that a devout Christian is "openly hostile for religion"

As for the rest of my post, apologies again. I'm having a bad day, and am particularly touchy.

Apologies, I'm a bit touchy this afternoon, I haven't been having a great day.

I don't believe I was "insulting" people who were bothered that it was being left out, I guess I'm "insulting" the people that think it was all part of the MASSIVE ANTI-CHRISTIAN CONSPIRACY.

If you were upset that it was edited out, that's fine. I don't understand it, but I don't have a problem with it. I have a problem with that being extrapolated that "NBC did it on purpose because everyone at NBC hates Christians".

This whole "persecuted Christians" thing is the fucking retarded.

well im not a christian so im not running on that. Im just bored and your post really did seem insulting to those who are bothered by it. I think its stupid that they left it out but they apologized so what's left to do but accept it and move on, right?

You believe you were created too......i mean your parents had sex and made you right?

See what im saying when i quote the delcaration of independance now? We are given our rights by someone OUTSIDE of the government, not the govt itself.

And my comment wasn't utopian at all, having to defend your rights with force to protect them doesn't seem all that utopian or fun to me....but i will do it if im pushed into it by someone trying to take away the rights I was born with.

Aye, but I wasn't created by a God and therefore if I have to say a pledge I refuse be under his/her bow.

Your second paragraph is contentious at best. I know a lot of people feel that way, and interpret your founding fathers that way. I know others who disagree...

what rights were you born with? Who decides what they are?

so, wasn't the original version sans "under god" too?

where are the fucking originalists now?!?>!

Doesn't make it right either...freedom from religion and all that.....:cool:

No one ever offered you freedom from religion, no more than you have freedom from speech.

So I should be forced into religion? What opposition? Are all the churches closed? Has the FCC shut down all the Holy Roller radio and television shows?

What has the first amendment got to do with forcing me to say "under God" when I don't believe in such a thing?

If some refuse to say that part of the pledge does that make you 'more' American and 'more' patriotic than those who don't?

Its not about forcing you to say "under God", its the possibility that some idiot at NBC decided to leave it out to not offend certain people, and by certain people I mean our more evangelical atheists, who cringe at the sight of a cross, swoon at the mention of Jesus, and go into convulsions when in the presence of s minorah.

Its not about forcing you to say "under God", its the possibility that some idiot at NBC decided to leave it out to not offend certain people, and by certain people I mean our more evangelical atheists, who cringe at the sight of a cross, swoon at the mention of Jesus, and go into convulsions when in the presence of s minorah.

What's wrong with leaving it out? Religion should be kept in churches, mosques, temples and synagogues. Out of schools, baseball games, or any other past time for that matter...

What's wrong with leaving it out? Religion should be kept in churches, mosques, temples and synagogues. Out of schools, baseball games, or any other past time for that matter...

The only restriction on religon in the country is that the government cannot endorse it. If people want to pray at a baseball game, they can, and they should be able to. And you should be secure enough in your own beliefs to not be offended by it.

Thats like saying atheism should be kept in "freethinkers" meetings, or smarmy discussion groups at overpriced coffee shops.

I know that the line is overplayed, but freedom of religion is not freedom from religion.

Forum List

Back