NBC omits "under God"

so, wasn't the original version sans "under god" too?

where are the fucking originalists now?!?>!

Yes, 'under god' was added during the cold war to help combat those godless commies.

A bad idea then, made even worse now as thumper dipshits wield it to try to tie an American's patriotism to his faith in God... as the Founding Fathers roll over in their graves.

how is not wanting to be subjected to religion the same as hatred for people of faith?

No one is, was or has subjected any one to religion in a very very very long time.

Freedom of, not from religion

"under god, indivisible" is not going to harm anyone.

And its not illegal to NOT say it if you dont want to ;).

There was a ruling that made it clear that you didn't have to say it or even stand when it was being said. I think it was the mormons or later day saints that considered it idolatry. [even before "Under god" was added]

No I felt like calling out someone who, like many in this thread, unfairly attacked those who were offended by what NBC appeared to do intentionally.

Anyone who was offended by it deserves the be called out for being the hypersensitive douchewagon they obviously are. Oh noes, my faith in God is so tenuous that I'm offended every time it isn't validated by the media. :rolleyes:

Like I said they apologized which is admitting they were wrong so its time to move on.

I didn't read/hear their apology. But I know for a fact that an apology doesn't necessarily equal an admission of being 'wrong'. For example, "I'm sorry my remarks offended you" is not an admission of being wrong.

FYI; "under god" does not come from the Founders, it's based on Lincolns Gettysburg address.

Some preacher in Il got the Knights of Columbus to copy his version [basically, they used the wrong version of the pledge] and it spred from there until Ike pushed the change through Congress.

I think the only people required to say it are immagrants as part of becoming citizens. Once you are a citizen, you never have to say it again.

I think the only people required to say it are immagrants as part of becoming citizens. Once you are a citizen, you never have to say it again.

So why the faux-rage over what NBC did?

If your going to say it, say it as it is currently accepted. Why does NBC want to separate patriotism from religion? The two have a unique relationship from the founding of this nation to present day.

wiener quit

whatcha gonna do?

I guess they could start pumping the tires on the new log cabin republican that just entered the 2012 race.

luongo-pulled.jpg

If you are going to use The Pledge, you should use the whole thing, or be called out for being an asshat.

Americans are deeply traditional, and you don't fuck with peoples traditions with pissing a lot of people off.

Ever not have turkey on Thanksgiving?

If you are going to use The Pledge, you should use the whole thing, or be called out for being an asshat.

Americans are deeply traditional, and you don't fuck with peoples traditions with pissing a lot of people off.

yeah, one year i had steak. it was good.

i'm a commie, though, so that might have affected how i felt

A tradition dating all the way back to the cold war. My oh my. :rolleyes:

Key takeaway from all this: Obviously people have it easy when they have time to whine about stupid shit like this.

I find it interesting that someone who finds getting offended an impossibility, seems offended by those who can be offended.

yeah, one year i had steak. it was good.

i'm a commie, though, so that might have affected how i felt

Eating steak is as American as apple pie and hotdogs.

mmmm:eusa_drool: turkey stuffed with hotdogs :eusa_drool:

Thanks, kinda proves my point about traditions. :lol:

Counting you, that makes one person that I know, didn't have turkey one year. :lol:

I find it interesting that someone who finds getting offended an impossibility, seems offended by those who can be offended.

So you don't just manufacture faux-rage I see. You also manufacture bullshit.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Are you that narrow minded to think no one can be offended by things you are not offended by? If it isn't a big deal, why do you spend multiple posts attacking it? No, I think we will just see you for what you are and laugh at your rants.

A tradition dating all the way back to the cold war. My oh my. :rolleyes:

Key takeaway from all this: Obviously people have it easy when they have time to whine about stupid shit like this.

for the latest version, from the mid 50's. Or, for most of us, out entire lives. However The Pledge goes back to the mid 1800's [1851, I think] so it's an old tradition.

and you're here whining about people whining, just sayin :eusa_angel:

So you don't just manufacture faux-rage I see. You also manufacture bullshit.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Are you that narrow minded to think no one can be offended by things you are not offended by? If it isn't a big deal, why do you spend multiple posts attacking it? No, I think we will just see you for what you are and laugh at your rants.

Experience informs me that many many pussies, such as yourself, can be offended by a whole miriad of things that are of no consequence to them. And the only way to toughen you pussies up is to keep offending you in the hopes that you'll grow some skin... and maybe some balls.

Forum List

Back