NBA Playoffs!!!

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
Woohoo finally they are here!

I think Detroit has it real easy this year, the only 3 teams that pose any kind of threat are in the other bracket (Miami, Indiana, Nets) so they will only have to face one of them in the conference final. I think the Nets have the best chance of beating Detroit but its all wishful thinking.

I also think Kings will put up more of a fight for Spurs since they got Ron Artest they have done alot better.

At this point I'd have to say Detroit would beat the Spurs if the Finals were today, but I am hoping my Spurs will get better as the playoffs progress so they stand a chance agaist Detroit.

Any other NBA fans here?

theHawk said:

I think Detroit has it real easy this year, the only 3 teams that pose any kind of threat are in the other bracket (Miami, Indiana, Nets) so they will only have to face one of them in the conference final. I think the Nets have the best chance of beating Detroit but its all wishful thinking.

I also think Kings will put up more of a fight for Spurs since they got Ron Artest they have done alot better.

At this point I'd have to say Detroit would beat the Spurs if the Finals were today, but I am hoping my Spurs will get better as the playoffs progress so they stand a chance agaist Detroit.

Any other NBA fans here?
Ben Wallace has been sleeping all season... the alarm clock's about to go off.........

Woowhoo, Spurs laid the smackdown on that smack-talking Artest and the Kings. Lets hope they can repeat that 3 more times. :bat:

Lebron's playoff debut was awesome to watch too. If they get a big man with real talent on that team....

theHawk said:
Woowhoo, Spurs laid the smackdown on that smack-talking Artest and the Kings. Lets hope they can repeat that 3 more times. :bat:

Lebron's playoff debut was awesome to watch too. If they get a big man with real talent on that team....
What, you don't like the bearded ogre?

I want Washington to win in that series, cuz that'd mean I'd have playoff tickets for their sacrifice to Detroit :thup:

Artest was just suspended for a game....
The Miami guy was too but that was expected.

I'd like to see Lebron vs. Pistons, just to see how he does. Already know who is going to win :D

Well Nets won big time in Miami. I think the Nets are the only ones in the East capable of beating Detroit.

Hopefully the Suns will beat the Clippers, LAC give too many match up problems for the Spurs. :D

Even without Amare, the Suns have shown they have a lot of talent.

But I still think it's going to be another title for Detroit.

Even if the playoffs ended tomorrow for my team, I'd be happy for two main reasons:

The drubbing Detroit gave Cleveland Sunday was probably the most fun I've had watching a game ever. Complete, utter domination. Basketball perfection.

That, and watching Kobe completely destroy any hope of becoming Jordan-esque. Jordan-esque doesn't let a 3-1 series slip away from him amidst a shit talking battle. Lame.

The ClayTaurus said:
Even if the playoffs ended tomorrow for my team, I'd be happy for two main reasons:

The drubbing Detroit gave Cleveland Sunday was probably the most fun I've had watching a game ever. Complete, utter domination. Basketball perfection.

That, and watching Kobe completely destroy any hope of becoming Jordan-esque. Jordan-esque doesn't let a 3-1 series slip away from him amidst a shit talking battle. Lame.

Well I doubt detroit is going to shoot like that again...I mean 15 3-pointers...my god they just went off, just like SA did against Kings game1 after Ron Artest opened his mouth. I would think the Cavs could win a couple of home games though.

I was sort of rooting for the Lakers only because I wanted the weaker teams to advance in that bracket, but I am glad he blew that kind of lead....thats gotta hurt lol.

theHawk said:
Well I doubt detroit is going to shoot like that again...I mean 15 3-pointers...my god they just went off, just like SA did against Kings game1 after Ron Artest opened his mouth. I would think the Cavs could win a couple of home games though.

I was sort of rooting for the Lakers only because I wanted the weaker teams to advance in that bracket, but I am glad he blew that kind of lead....thats gotta hurt lol.
Bill Simmons had a wonderful column regarding Kobe and the Suns series.

I'm tired of reading about Kobe.

Much rather read about defensive players....you know the ones that win championships :tng:

theHawk said:
I'm tired of reading about Kobe.

Much rather read about defensive players....you know the ones that win championships :tng:
I wish Bowen was on our team. You can keep everyone else.

Your team is SHIT without Bowen.

Any other NBA fans here?

No one is talking NBA finals this year. Odd. I came here to ponder out loud who I hate more Dwight Howard or Carmello Anthony? Dwight at least plays in the playoffs. Carmelo can't even get his team to the playoffs in the weak ass East.

Any other NBA fans here?

No one is talking NBA finals this year. Odd. I came here to ponder out loud who I hate more Dwight Howard or Carmello Anthony? Dwight at least plays in the playoffs. Carmelo can't even get his team to the playoffs in the weak ass East.

Carmelo has always been an overrated punk. He's a giant crybaby. Any call that doesn't go his way he whines about, and he always folds in the playoffs. He's got the raw skill, but no mental fortitude.

I can't really follow NBA much anymore but that his how I remember Carmelo.

San Antonio and Chicago are hot, so far.

Everybody else is still close.

Utah is hurting without their star player.

Forum List

Back