Newcastle United football club

roomy said:
Full time 0-0.Couple of chances late on for both teams but all in all a pretty crappy match.

And WBA and BC are relegated...I like Steve Bruce...Bryan Robson, even though he is from your part of the world, is a crap manager. Did nothing at Middlesborough and did nothing for WBA...

roomy said:
Aye, you are right.Robson hasn't had much to work with at WBA, but he made a balls at Middlesborough where he had millions to spend.

Even though Steve Bruce's Birmingham have been relegated I notice that the chairman is blaming the greedy players and their lack of committment rather than Bruce :dunno:

I worry for Newcastle next season.

I saw Sullivan blame the players, and you know what? On paper, Birmingham looked the goods. Dunno why you worry for Newcastle, the past month or so they've been on fire, even without Owen. A fully fit squad should make a mark on the premiership (with the right manager of course). Souness proved, that no matter how good a squad is, if your'e a crap manager you can still stuff it up. I think Roeder deserves his chance full time...

roomy said:
I just think it may have been a honeymoon period with Roeder.A lot of players will leave during the summer, Emre is looking to move back to Italy and I wonder how long it will be before Owen starts looking?Shearer is gone for good and it won't just be his goals we miss, he was a massive influence on the pitch not to mention being our best defender :teeth: We have no big named players/manager to attract the best players to the club, so I can only see them getting worse.I hope I am wrong.

LOL re being best defender. Emre can go, but I think you have some very good players if they play to their potential, and it looks like they are at the moment...the new season will be interesting. with the amount of support Newcastle get, they should have the funds and the desire to way above where they are the moment. They should be challenging for the premiership every season....

roomy said:
Well it means a shot at the eufa cup through the Inter toto cup. and 7th is worth about £500,000 more than 8th.We can't grumble after the start we had with Souness.Roeder has worked a minor miracle. :thewave:

Your pick Barcelona - Arsenal?

I pick Barca...2-1.

Forum List

Back