NAVY SEALS ordered to remove "Don't Tread on Me" from Uniforms.

Well, that's the question one might ask.

From the OP's source.

If you are too busy with your mod duties to read at least below the fold of an online mag cited as the news source of a thread maybe you shouldn't post in that thread.

Doing so makes you unnecessarily vulnerable to attacks aimed at discrediting you.

You don't need that kind of abuse, doc.

Your concern is noted. :lol:

I read the "source", and I think it's pure nonsense.

I was hoping that perhaps 2ndAmendment could provide some explanation or corroboration for the glaring logical failures and unnamed anonymous sources of the editorial that he so kindly parrots for all of us.

You are aware that the Military has warned serving members to not belong to religious groups that Obama disagrees with? A direct violation of the 1st Amendment.

Yes. Fox News ran the story and interviewed a former Seal Team operator in the studio.

What greater corroboration could anyone need???

Hmmmm ... this has the smell of a phony story.

Something is missing at least, like maybe all other emblems were banned? Need more info.

This bunch will fall for any lie. All they care about is getting another chance to lie about the president.

Lie about the president?

Okay, then maybe you can tell me if this is a lie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmeo07cXGQ]Joe DiGenova on WMAL 8-12-13 - YouTube[/ame]

Benghazi attorney: What Obama just did absolutely illegal, impeachable

August 13, 2013 by Michael Dorstewitz

Former U.S. attorney Joe DiGenova, who currently represents several of the so-called “Benghazi whistleblowers,” affirmed that when President Obama told the White House Press Corps at his Friday news conference that “a sealed indictment” exists relative to the Benghazi attack, he committed an impeachable offense.

When the issue of the indictment was raised on WMAL’s Mornings On The Mall Monday during the DiGenova interview, he said the indictment “is indeed” supposed to remain under seal.

“We are now getting close to a series of statements by the president that puts him on the wrong road to impeachable offenses,” he said.

“At that news conference, the President of the United States violated a court order of the United States District Court for either the Eastern District of Virginia or the District of Columbia where this sealed indictment apparently exists,” DiGenova noted.

“He is not allowed to say that. A president can declassify a document, but he cannot unseal an indictment. Only a federal court can do that,” he explained. “Whoever is the chief judge of either one of those districts should issue a show cause order for the United States attorney for that district as to why the United States attorney or the president should not be held in contempt.”

The statement DiGenova is referring to is one Obama threw out to the press Friday.

‘‘There’s a sealed indictment,’’ Obama said at the White House news conference according to ABC News. ‘‘It’s sealed for a reason, but we are intent on capturing those who carried out this attack. And we’re going to stay on it until we get them.’’

DiGenova described that statement as “unbelievable,” and added, “This was from our professor-president — our so-called “constitutional scholar.” There’s just no doubt about it — it was illegal,” he emphasized.

“But the AP reporter, Julie Pace, who was on ‘Fox News Sunday’ said, ‘It was kind of unusual for the president to talk about a sealed indictment in a public setting.’

It wasn’t unusual; it was illegal.”

Listen to the full interview, courtesy of WMAL.

Benghazi attorney: What Obama just did absolutely illegal, impeachable - BizPac Review

I was hoping that perhaps 2ndAmendment could provide some explanation or corroboration for the glaring logical failures and unnamed anonymous sources of the editorial that he so kindly parrots for all of us.

You are aware that the Military has warned serving members to not belong to religious groups that Obama disagrees with? A direct violation of the 1st Amendment.

Yes. Fox News ran the story and interviewed a former Seal Team operator in the studio.

Yeah................and Hannity (from FAUX Nooze) decided that the ACA was detrimental to this country, and got 3 couples from various places to spew his bullshit (which was later found out to be false).

If you pay someone enough money, they're going to lie for you, no matter how far fetched the lies are.

Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare - Salon.com

Obamacare has absolutely zero impact on those businesses who have less than 50 employees (the guy who said he had to cut back only had 4).

It also gets rid of those health plans put out by shady insurance companies who have many restrictions, and refuse to provide a decent heath care benefit (even though the people paying for it think it does).

Sorry................but Obamacare (aka the Affordable Healthcare Act) is going to bring those who would make money rather than provide the service they'd PROMISED to task, as well as show how they're screwing over the American people.

Got news for you all.................in 2 or 3 years, everyone is going to love Obamacare and wonder what the Tea Baggers and the GOP were so dead against. This is looking to be the death knell for the GOP because of the tea baggers.

Last edited:

Yeah................and Hannity (from FAUX Nooze) decided that the ACA was detrimental to this country, and got 3 couples from various places to spew his bullshit (which was later found out to be false).

If you pay someone enough money, they're going to lie for you, no matter how far fetched the lies are.

Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare - Salon.com

Obamacare has absolutely zero impact on those businesses who have less than 50 employees (the guy who said he had to cut back only had 4).

It also gets rid of those health plans put out by shady insurance companies who have many restrictions, and refuse to provide a decent heath care benefit (even though the people paying for it think it does).

Sorry................but Obamacare (aka the Affordable Healthcare Act) is going to bring those who would make money rather than provide the service they'd PROMISED to task, as well as show how they're screwing over the American people.

Got news for you all.................in 2 or 3 years, everyone is going to love Obamacare and wonder what the Tea Baggers and the GOP were so dead against. This is looking to be the death knell for the GOP because of the tea baggers.

If you knew ACA would serve to make us all subject to the federal government's whims, in effect making the Govt. our boss instead of them being our servant, would you still continue to lobby for it?

Is your personal health care situation worth giving Obama or any POTUS that kind of power over your every day life?

FOREVER???

When they control our health care they will be able to force you to do anything they wish just by threatening to deny you coverage.

We'd all be hostages to the govt.

Nope. It's not worth it.

What does the Navy Jack have to do with the Tea Party?

We flew the Union Jack aboard ship for my 23 years - not the Don't Tread on Me flag...

In 9 years at sea, I don't recall EVER flying the Don't Tread on Me flag - it would have flown up on the super-structure somewhere - only thing I ever saw there were pennants, and the usual Captain's ashore, taking on fuel, SOPA flags, etc.

No matter how often the rw's see Fox lying to them, they just keep right on believing them.

That would be the same rw's who say they hate all Muslims but have no problem with the FACT that a Muslim Arab oil sheik controls Fux's programming.

On the subject of R lies, I just posted proof that they lied about Obama and the NSA -
October 30, 2013 - Diane Ravitch | The Daily Show With Jon Stewart - Full Episode Video | Comedy Central

And, of course, they love the lies from Rand Paul. Plagiarized from Wikipedia several times and copied, verbatim, several pages from a study published by Heritage. And, that's not counting the lies about his professional affiliations, the civil rights lies and on and on.

Every day, you post another one of these wild eyed accusations that you cannot back up with facts.

You're a liar. A chronic liar.

[MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION]

For the record, are you denying that this occurred?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/23/does-army-consider-christians-tea-party-terror-threat/
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...rogram-that-labeled-christians-as-extremists/
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarne...lical-christians-catholics-as-extremists.html

Last edited:
To maybe bring things back into perspective.

By an instruction dated 18 August 1980 (SECNAV Instruction 10520.4), the Secretary of the Navy directed that the commissioned ship in active status having the longest total period in active status to display the rattlesnake jack in place of the union jack until decommissioned or transferred to inactive status.

In 1983, I was in Long Beach California on a different ship, but where the USS Samuel Gompers (AD-37) flew the rattlesnake jack as it was called.

By an instruction dated 31 May 2002 (SECNAV Instruction 10520.6), the Secretary of the Navy directed the use of the rattlesnake jack in place of the union jack for the duration of the Global War on Terrorism.

Navy vessels still fly the Gadsden, ironically in light of the fact that some, rather high ranking U.S. government officials i.e "the highest", say the fight on terrorism is over.

Every day, you post another one of these wild eyed accusations that you cannot back up with facts.

You're a liar. A chronic liar.

[MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION]

For the record, are you denying that this occurred?

Does Army consider Christians, Tea Party, a terror threat? | Fox News
Exclusive: Army halts training program that labeled Christians as extremists | Fox News
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarne...lical-christians-catholics-as-extremists.html

snopes.com: Don't Tread on Me

If you knew ACA would serve to make us all subject to the federal government's whims, in effect making the Govt. our boss instead of them being our servant, would you still continue to lobby for it?

Is your personal health care situation worth giving Obama or any POTUS that kind of power over your every day life?

FOREVER???

When they control our health care they will be able to force you to do anything they wish just by threatening to deny you coverage.

We'd all be hostages to the govt.

Nope. It's not worth it.

Actually, it doesn't give the government control over your personal healthcare, but rather puts regulations in place on the INSURANCE COMPANIES, so that the INSURANCE COMPANIES can't deny you healthcare for a pre existing condition, nor can they place lifetime benefit caps on those with a serious condition.

And............if the ACA is such a bad idea, then why is it that Kentucky (Mitch McConnell's state) is signing people up to the tune of around 1,000 people PER DAY?

McConnell may hate the ACA, but apparently his constituents in Kentucky like it.

What's the point of Navy SEALS? The SEAL program was the evolution of the Navy Frogman aka UDT (underwater demolition) recon. Best seller author Marcus Luttrell (Lone survivor) says it best "what are Seals doing at 10,000 feet in the Afghanistan mountains? The SEAL training is focused on hypothermia and paddling rubber boats while unconscious. To paraphrase Luttrell's eloquence "what the hell are SEALS doing at 10,000 feet in the mountains? Don't Army Rangers and Marine Recon Teams have enough personnel to recon above sea level?. Luttrell's best seller is apparently intended to promote the SEAL team program but "Lone Survivor" illustrates faulty mission standards and bad leadership. According to the book the Frogmen were assigned to monitor a Taliband patrol in the Afghan mountains but the SEAL team became disorientated in the mountain terrain and were surrounded by the people they were supposed to track and they were wiped out. A SEAL "rescue mission" was cobbled together with little planning and the Taliband put a RPG through the rescue chopper as soon as it landed. Luttrell was finally rescued by Army Rangers as the lone survivor of a failed mission.

it's all in line with the pussifying of America .... sissies all ..lilies of the valley ...

it makes me vomit.

I can say no more:mad:

well I can ..but i better not.

it's all in line with the pussifying of America .... sissies all ..lilies of the valley ...

it makes me vomit.

I can say no more:mad:

well I can ..but i better not.

Quick question bitch...............how many years did YOU serve, and what qualifies YOU to say that America is being pussified?

I'm guessing you spent a whole bunch of time in your little ivory tower judging others, many of whom you deem unworthy, even though it was their ass (not yours) on the line defending this country.

If you want to vomit, look in the mirror, because I'm pretty sure all you have is useless bullshit denigrating those who served while trying to make yourself seem superior.

BTW.......................are you for war or are you against it? Most who have served don't like it, but you being someone who has never had to fear for your life in a war zone are all for it.

Nice to see a chicken hawk expose themselves.

Throughout the history of the US military uniforms have changed. What is most important is what's inside the uniform, how well that person is trained, how that person is equipped to do their job and what type of support and leadership the military provides in helping them complete their mission

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

What does the Navy Jack have to do with the Tea Party?

Well, that's the question one might ask.

After reading the email, I first wondered, ‘why?’ (Actually, first I headed to the gym to take out my frustration and anger on some unsuspecting weights with the fury and intensity only a former Navy SEAL can exert.) Why would our leaders sell out our heritage?

Why would they rob present and future sailors of our battle cry?

When a friend of mine asked his leadership the same question, he was told, “The Jack is too closely associated with radical groups.” We must assume that this thought policeman embedded in the SEAL community is speaking of the Tea Party, whose flag (which also dates from the American Revolution) depicts a snake with the same defiant slogan as The Navy Jack.

This begs yet another question: Who defines “radical group”? The last time I checked, all military personnel are under oath to “support and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” The Tea Party stands for constitutional rights and founding principles of civil liberties and limited government. Radical? Not unless you’re a leftist hell-bent on destroying the foundations of our country. Or as the President has stated as the objective of his presidency, “to fundamentally transform” America.

From the OP's source.

If you are too busy with your mod duties to read at least below the fold of an online mag cited as the news source of a thread maybe you shouldn't post in that thread.

Doing so makes you unnecessarily vulnerable to attacks aimed at discrediting you.

You don't need that kind of abuse, doc.

You only think it's pure nonsense.

What is nonsense is calling 80 year old grandmas racists, radicals and terrorists, or saying that everyone should have read your mind when you said "If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance, period".

Developing Story
Some have suggested that the email above could have been more about bringing uniformity to NWU Type-III than distancing SEALs from the Tea Party. Others have directly blamed the Administration, stating “Obama orders Navy SEALs to remove…”

As the story unfolds, we are currently pursuing the following points:

Is the email above real?
If it is real, what is the official explanation?

We have reached out to several military sources for an official response and will update accordingly.

Were Navy SEALs Ordered to Remove "Don't Tread on Me" Navy Jack From Uniforms? - wafflesatnoon.com

Edit: Can't find any reliable source that supports this sory - I say it's a fake, but not 100% sure yet.

That figures... the idiot that wrote the e-mail probably didn't understand the message to begin with, or, just like to stir up unfounded rumors to get the TPs all riled up, and from the looks of the posts, it must have worked. :)

Forum List

Back