Navy admiral’s Pearl Harbor speech trolls Colin Kaepernick

He's sealed his fate. Just another dumb punk ass black.

Why you bring race into this?

I don't care their colour, creed, race, gender, religion. We have had female soccer players and white athletes also take a kneel, I would say the same to all of them. Show respect for the flag and those who have risked their lives and fallen for it. You have an issue, contact your local government or raise the issue through political channels. None of this helps anyone and it paints an entire nation with the same brush.
Since when is black a race? Stop trying to race bait and get a job.
What is the proper nomenclature then?

I don't care their colour, creed, race, gender, religion. We have had female soccer players and white athletes also take a kneel, I would say the same to all of them. Show respect for the flag and those who have risked their lives and fallen for it. You have an issue, contact your local government or raise the issue through political channels. None of this helps anyone and it paints an entire nation with the same brush.

What the hell? What exactly is the dipshit kneeling about again...oh yeah,black lives matter.

A white female soccer player and other whites have been involved in this and protesting. It might not be my cause, or anything I would be interested in, but they have a right to protest.

What bothers people in this instance isn't him taking a political stance, it is using a sport to do so, while insulting the anthem and showing disrespect of the flag. Just because he has a differing position doesn't mean we revert to calling him derogatory names linked to his race and intelligence.

Meh....whatever. This blm shit has about run it's course anyway.

It does play into the LW's race-baiting politics. Better to just focus on the obvious: disrespecting our flag for minor political purposes isn't going to garner much sympathy. Not even being registered to vote just makes him look like a dumb ass attention whore.

Overrated, overpaid prima donna dumb ass who says he's protesting but wasn't even registered to vote.

It does play into the LW's race-baiting politics. Better to just focus on the obvious: disrespecting our flag for minor political purposes isn't going to garner much sympathy. Not even being registered to vote just makes him look like a dumb ass attention whore.
Anything the laugh-tards want to race bait about will play into their race baiting loser tactics. It just doesn't work and they usually show what fools they are.

Anything the laugh-tards want to race bait about will play into their race baiting loser tactics. It just doesn't work and they usually show what fools they are.
Agreed their race-baiting tactics are obviously loser tactics. Even though I think most Americans are tiring of the racist bullshit, IMHO, it's not good to feed into it with any sort of hint at race.

The bottom line is that this overrated attention whore is worth over $16 MILLION who can't be bothered to register to vote, but does have time to sit on his ass "in protest".

If he really wanted to make a difference, he'd live on a measly $1 Million per year and donate the rest to support his causes. He won't, of course, because he's a self-centered hypocrite. The epitome of a Limousine Liberal.

Colin Kaepernick Net Worth: Protest Doesn't Pay - Money Nation
Colin Kaepernick net worth vs Hillary Clinton net worth: Half as big

Colin Kaepernick salary vs MBA Salary: 84 times bigger

Colin Kaepernick net worth vs typical American family net worth 253 times bigger

my only point is that in the USA race talk , good or impolite is perfectly acceptable although i think it would be illegal in some countries and nations that don't allow Free Speech . USA is not yet one of those nations .

Overrated, overpaid prima donna dumb ass who says he's protesting but wasn't even registered to vote.
That would be a description that would be hard to place in genealogical or social demographic sources...

well , i will feed into it , especially when its appropriate . Think that the Gent objecting to Free Speech is a foreigner and i won't silently see other Americans being silenced by a foreigner .

my only point is that in the USA race talk , good or impolite is perfectly acceptable although i think it would be illegal in some countries and nations that don't allow Free Speech . USA is not yet one of those nations .
As the Clinton's have taught us, there is "legal" and there is "ethical". :D

------------------------------------------------- only LEGAL is enforced , the Gent who mentioned race just exercised his Free Speech and thats my only point DWind !!

------------------------------------------------- only LEGAL is enforced , the Gent who mentioned race just exercised his Free Speech and thats my only point DWind !!
....and I exercised my free speech by saying it muddies the waters and is not pertinent to the issue, Pmoe.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/07/navy-admirals-pearl-harbor-speech-trolls-colin-kaepernick

You want to protest, do so in another way. Kneeling for the flag and the anthem, you're not going to get much sympathy, especially from those who REALLY put their lives on the line for said flag.

Great quote. Do you have the one where he trolled him?
It's the title of the article.

swish ...
The sound the wind makes as it blows through your ears.

FWIW, I think the NY Post wasn't using the term "trolling" correctly in their article. Probably just seeking to sell newspapers or click bait.

Aside from that, it was a good article:

“You can bet that the men and women we honor today — and those who died that fateful morning 75 years ago — never took a knee and never failed to stand whenever they heard our national anthem being played,” Harris told the crowd in Hawaii, sparking a lengthy standing ovation.

“Hearing the words, ‘The land of the free and home of the brave’ means something special for every American, every day,” he later added. “But today, on Dec. 7, it takes on extraordinary significance.”

well , i will feed into it , especially when its appropriate . Think that the Gent objecting to Free Speech is a foreigner and i won't silently see other Americans being silenced by a foreigner .

I didn't object to free speech, I know first hand more than most how free speech and the misrepresentation of it is harmful. I asked him why he needed to bring the guys race into it when it does nothing for the story or argument at hand? Still no response. He preferred to have me analyse the term and deconstruct the meaning. What it does do though, is confirm for many that race IS in fact an issue from many, including some who argue that it's "the other people" who care about it. Defeats your argument, clearly. I will suggest again, that in Canada we have provocateurs who bring in race purposely to divide and achieve some other nefarious objective.

Conservatives in particular (of which I wouldn't blindly apply this poster as being conservative, especially based on his responses) have had to deal with inaccurate and dishonest allegations of racism. To me it's a non
starter, and it devalues any argument you have, creates the question "why does he need to refer to his race?"

I've watched enough election coverage to know how silly and hypocritical it sounds when the left bring up race. During the entire election identity politics was front and centre. "Trump is going to have a hard time reaching out to the Latino voters. The Black voters. Women" etc. The more this is fuelled, the easier it is to divide. It is so driven into some peoples minds that Black and Latino voters only see themselves for their race, and feel they need to conform to a particular voting pattern based on this. So why does someone do so in my post about insulting the flag? Bringing up his race does nothing for your argument. It's as if you suggest, if he was a white guy protesting something else and he kneeled, well that's not exactly the same. Same character. Same uselessness and idiotic, misdirected method of protest, but, race isn't the issue now so...

It's an honour to be referred to as a "foreigner" though, that's a new one for me. I'm not sure if that's a term of endearment or a rabid attack.

Last edited:
....and I exercised my free speech by saying it muddies the waters and is not pertinent to the issue, Pmoe.
-------------------------------------------------- GOOD , just so you realize that the Gent that brought up race has the RIGHT to say as he said . This country , Land of Free Speech for him and YOU , me and the Canook is not yet Canada DWind .

One other point. I'm glad Divine.Wind, a man from Texas, the best state in the union (from Fort Worth no less); understands the issue here. Renews some faith that some get it.

Why I questioned the use of a mans race to deflect from the obvious inappropriate method of Kapernicks protest. Still didn't get a response as to why it was used, but no need really.

I didn't object to free speech, I know first hand more than most how free speech and the misrepresentation of it is harmful. I asked him why he needed to bring the guys race into it when it does nothing for the story or argument at hand? Still no response. He preferred to have me analyse the term and deconstruct the meaning. What it does do though, is confirm for many that race IS in fact an issue from many, including some who argue that it's "the other people" who care about it. Defeats your argument, clearly. I will suggest again, that in Canada we have provocateurs who bring in race purposely to divide and achieve some other nefarious objective.

Conservatives in particular (of which I wouldn't blindly apply this poster as being conservative, especially based on his responses) have had to deal with inaccurate and dishonest allegations of racism. To me it's a non
starter, and it devalues any argument you have, creates the question "why does he need to refer to his race?"

I've watched enough election coverage to know how silly and hypocritical it sounds when the left bring up race. During the entire election identity politics was front and centre. "Trump is going to have a hard time reaching out to the Latino voters. The Black voters. Women" etc. The more this is fuelled, the easier it is to divide. It is so driven into some peoples minds that Black and Latino voters only see themselves for their race, and feel they need to conform to a particular voting pattern based on this. So why does someone do so in my post about insulting the flag? Bringing up his race does nothing for your argument. As if, if he was a white guy protesting something else and he kneeled, well that's ok. Same character. Same uselessness and idiotic, misdirected method of protest, but, race isn't the issue now.

It's an honour to be referred to as a "foreigner" though, that's a new one for me. I'm not sure if that's a term of endearment or a rabid attack.
--------------------------------------------------------------------- foreigner is the fact if you are a Canadian and its not rabid , just a fact , you aren't an American SCanook .

Forum List

Back