Navy admiral’s Pearl Harbor speech trolls Colin Kaepernick

http://nypost.com/2016/12/07/navy-admirals-pearl-harbor-speech-trolls-colin-kaepernick

You want to protest, do so in another way. Kneeling for the flag and the anthem, you're not going to get much sympathy, especially from those who REALLY put their lives on the line for said flag.

Great quote. Do you have the one where he trolled him?
It's the title of the article.

swish ...
The sound the wind makes as it blows through your ears.

FWIW, I think the NY Post wasn't using the term "trolling" correctly in their article. Probably just seeking to sell newspapers or click bait.

Aside from that, it was a good article:

“You can bet that the men and women we honor today — and those who died that fateful morning 75 years ago — never took a knee and never failed to stand whenever they heard our national anthem being played,” Harris told the crowd in Hawaii, sparking a lengthy standing ovation.

“Hearing the words, ‘The land of the free and home of the brave’ means something special for every American, every day,” he later added. “But today, on Dec. 7, it takes on extraordinary significance.”

It was a great speech and he had Colin pegged

-------------------------------------------------- GOOD , just so you realize that the Gent that brought up race has the RIGHT to say as he said . This country , Land of Free Speech for him and YOU , me and the Canook is not yet Canada DWind .
I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America at least 7 times. How many times did you swear that oath?

-------------------------------------------------- GOOD , just so you realize that the Gent that brought up race has the RIGHT to say as he said . This country , Land of Free Speech for him and YOU , me and the Canook is not yet Canada DWind .
I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America at least 7 times. How many times did you swear that oath?

Another one? It's amazing how like every liberal on the site was in the military.

If that's your attitude about it, you shouldn't have. You don't get what serving your country means. You're just using your experience to be an ass about it

http://nypost.com/2016/12/07/navy-admirals-pearl-harbor-speech-trolls-colin-kaepernick

You want to protest, do so in another way. Kneeling for the flag and the anthem, you're not going to get much sympathy, especially from those who REALLY put their lives on the line for said flag.
It was a great speech.

I thought there was a bit too much brass on his uniform though -- made it heavy and prone to sinking if he ever got into the water.

John Paul Jones was an avid advocate and proponent of gaudy uniforms for naval officers though. He got the idea from the Russian navy of Katherine The Great. They were the first to wear white.

I agree about Kaepernick. I suppose this is why his parents named him Colon. Good name for him.

--------------------------------------- big deal , i suppose that you collected a paycheck all those years eh ?? That being said , the Gent that brought up race has every RIGHT to bring up race in any way that he likes . At the very least its an informative bit of info for those that don't know that the kneeler is black DWind !!

--------------------------------------------------- yep , they is all HERO's !!

He's sealed his fate. Just another dumb punk ass black.

Why you bring race into this?

I don't care their colour, creed, race, gender, religion. We have had female soccer players and white athletes also take a kneel, I would say the same to all of them. Show respect for the flag and those who have risked their lives and fallen for it. You have an issue, contact your local government or raise the issue through political channels. None of this helps anyone and it paints an entire nation with the same brush.

What the hell? What exactly is the dipshit kneeling about again...oh yeah,black lives matter.
Kaepernick is a caramel Negro and he thinks he can help his buddy black Negroes who run away from cops after assaulting them by kneeling on his caramel black knee.

The best thing would be to tell his buddy black Negroes to stop and follow instructions that cops give you.

Yes, you might get arrested if you are in a stolen car. Bummer that.

But at least you won't get shot.

One other point. I'm glad Divine.Wind, a man from Texas, the best state in the union (from Fort Worth no less); understands the issue here. Renews some faith that some get it.

Why I questioned the use of a mans race to deflect from the obvious inappropriate method of Kapernicks protest. Still didn't get a response as to why it was used, but no need really.
----------------------------------------------- and Lordy , its a 'BROWN NOSED' Shocked Canadian eh ??

Another one? It's amazing how like every liberal on the site was in the military.

If that's your attitude about it, you shouldn't have. You don't get what serving your country means. You're just using your experience to be an ass about it

I'll prove to any RWnut including yourself that I was in the military, provided you bet me $1000 I wasn't, we put up the money with a neutral party that we also agree can verify the paperwork.

well , i will feed into it , especially when its appropriate . Think that the Gent objecting to Free Speech is a foreigner and i won't silently see other Americans being silenced by a foreigner .

I didn't object to free speech, I know first hand more than most how free speech and the misrepresentation of it is harmful. I asked him why he needed to bring the guys race into it when it does nothing for the story or argument at hand? Still no response. He preferred to have me analyse the term and deconstruct the meaning. What it does do though, is confirm for many that race IS in fact an issue from many, including some who argue that it's "the other people" who care about it. Defeats your argument, clearly. I will suggest again, that in Canada we have provocateurs who bring in race purposely to divide and achieve some other nefarious objective.

Conservatives in particular (of which I wouldn't blindly apply this poster as being conservative, especially based on his responses) have had to deal with inaccurate and dishonest allegations of racism. To me it's a non
starter, and it devalues any argument you have, creates the question "why does he need to refer to his race?"

I've watched enough election coverage to know how silly and hypocritical it sounds when the left bring up race. During the entire election identity politics was front and centre. "Trump is going to have a hard time reaching out to the Latino voters. The Black voters. Women" etc. The more this is fuelled, the easier it is to divide. It is so driven into some peoples minds that Black and Latino voters only see themselves for their race, and feel they need to conform to a particular voting pattern based on this. So why does someone do so in my post about insulting the flag? Bringing up his race does nothing for your argument. As if, if he was a white guy protesting something else and he kneeled, well that's ok. Same character. Same uselessness and idiotic, misdirected method of protest, but, race isn't the issue now.

It's an honour to be referred to as a "foreigner" though, that's a new one for me. I'm not sure if that's a term of endearment or a rabid attack.
--------------------------------------------------------------------- foreigner is the fact if you are a Canadian and its not rabid , just a fact , you aren't an American SCanook .

I have family who were in the military. I myself, was interviewed for a possible position in the military and turned it down to return to University. They believed (and I believe) in the same things most Americans do, and were willing to fight for them, as am I.

Look at miketx's quote under mine. Go ahead: "just another..." Follow it through. Does that sound like a well thought out argument as to why this guy doing what he is doing is insulting to the flag, veterans and many Americans?

The speech provided at that event and many others were far more powerful and accurate. The types of speeches ALL Americans (and yes, even some of us lowly Canadians) can relate to and salute. That includes Blacks, whether soldiers and civilians alike.

They put their lives on the line for the kneeling.
With all this BLM crap now, it is not an easy time to be a cop.

This is the unintended consequence of Darren Wilson's gunning down of Michael Brown The Negro Thug.

It probably would have been better if Wilson had aimed for Brown's Negro azz.

Wilson proved to be a good shot, and 11 rounds into Browns black azz would have stopped him from running away just as well.

I am sure Wilson wishes he could have done this over and aimed for the azz instead.

--------------------------------------- big deal , i suppose that you collected a paycheck all those years eh ?? That being said , the Gent that brought up race has every RIGHT to bring up race in any way that he likes . At the very least its an informative bit of info for those that don't know that the kneeler is black DWind !!

Indeed. And do I not have a right to ask him why he brought up race?

Since when is black a race? Stop trying to race bait and get a job.

You say I'm race baiting as you point out his race? You apply race and it reflect poorly on Conservatives who don't look at race as being an issue, you feed into the agenda many have used to divide America.

I'm at work now, you?
Again, WHEN IS BLACK A RACE? Stop lying race baiter.

Oh, you are one of these guys eh?

I answered that I am at work. Are you at work or at "work"?
No loser, the question I asked was when is black a race? You will not answer. No liberal can tell the truth when cornered. Nice lame ass deflection.

Yeah, I know your type, quite prevalent in Canada. We call people like you "provocateurs", or more specifically "agent provocateurs".

I will prefer to read your rants on here but will try to refrain from responding. Have a great day at "work".

Vous avez tout à fait raison. Vous ne pouvez pas vous en servir de raisonnement avec une telle 'personne'.

Have a good day at work.

Last edited:
i simply honed in on the fact that whoever brought up race has every RIGHT to bring up that the kneeler guy is BLACK !! I don't like when foreigners try to negatively influence American views on all Americans God Given Rights like Free Speech !! Thats mrobamas and DWinds job ShockedCanook !!

Last edited:

Indeed. And do I not have a right to ask him why he brought up race?
---------------------------------------------------- sure !!

They put their lives on the line for the kneeling.
With all this BLM crap now, it is not an easy time to be a cop.

This is the unintended consequence of Darren Wilson's gunning down of Michael Brown The Negro Thug.

It probably would have been better if Wilson had aimed for Brown's Negro azz.

Wilson proved to be a good shot, and 11 rounds into Browns black azz would have stopped him from running away just as well.

I am sure Wilson wishes he could have done this over and aimed for the azz instead.
--------------------------------------------- and then the good cop would probably be supporting wheel chair bound 'brown' and his large fambly of a couple 3-4 females and 30 - 40 kids Yios !!

i simply honed in on the fact that whoever brought up race has every RIGHT to bring up that the kneeler guy is BLACK !! I don't like when foreigners try to influence American views on all Americans God Given Rights , thats mrobamas and DWinds job ShockedCanook !!

I didn't try to influence his views, cut out the hyperbole.

As someone who knows alot about agent provocateurs and historical uses of said agents, you can be sure, me asking him why he said that is far less dangerous than the former...

You say I'm race baiting as you point out his race? You apply race and it reflect poorly on Conservatives who don't look at race as being an issue, you feed into the agenda many have used to divide America.

I'm at work now, you?
Again, WHEN IS BLACK A RACE? Stop lying race baiter.

Oh, you are one of these guys eh?

I answered that I am at work. Are you at work or at "work"?
No loser, the question I asked was when is black a race? You will not answer. No liberal can tell the truth when cornered. Nice lame ass deflection.

Yeah, I know your type, quite prevalent in Canada. We call people like you "provocateurs", or more specifically "agent provocateurs".

I will prefer to read your rants on here but will try to refrain from responding. Have a great day at "work".

Vous avez tout à fait raison. Vous ne pouvez pas vous en servir de raisonnement avec une telle 'personne'.

Have a good day at work.
Thanks lib.

Forum List

Back