Naval buildup of Libya's coast.

The Turk Ambassador in Libya is this guy:
CNN Turk has shot photo of him together with the demonstrators.
CNN-Türk - Türk Başkonsolus isyancılarla aynı karede

filexn.jpg

Special forces swoop on Libya to pull Britons to safety
In a daylight mission, the RAF, Special Air Service and Special Boat Service used two specially equipped Hercules aircraft to snatch Britons from the country. However, it is feared up to 300 oil workers from the UK remain stranded.

The rescue teams, who flew out of bases in Malta, searched an area four times the size of Britain to locate workers before evacuating them back to Valletta in Malta last night.
Special forces swoop on Libya to pull Britons to safety - Telegraph
This reminds me eerily of how the UK and other European nations left Rwanda, got their people out, and left millions of people at the mercy at genocidal monsters with only a Canadian General to report abuses and acts of genocide, that's compassion and human kindness for you. :doubt:

Perhaps...but better than leaving behind a contingent of the Dutch Army.

wow, can we rent those guys?

a) it was sarcasm........

We trained them, Trajan, after the Brits screwed up Dieppe (a very large scale raid) and several smaller attempts. Our Rangers and our OSS people became indispensable in training the Brit commandos, air service, and French underground.

b) Jesus Christ almighty....:rolleyes:

This reminds me eerily of how the UK and other European nations left Rwanda, got their people out, and left millions of people at the mercy at genocidal monsters with only a Canadian General to report abuses and acts of genocide, that's compassion and human kindness for you. :doubt:

Libya has oil, so it will not be left to its own demise like Rwanda. If Rwanda had oil, the 101st Airborne would have been in there to lock the country down and stop the massacres.

Libya has oil, so it will not be left to its own demise like Rwanda. If Rwanda had oil, the 101st Airborne would have been in there to lock the country down and stop the massacres.

2nd AD rolled into Bosnia, and it didn't have oil.

2nd AD rolled into Bosnia, and it didn't have oil.

Good point. Countries with oil are not left on their own to rot though.

Sudan has Oil and Gas Fields.

Yeah they do, and thats why people tolerate them for the most part, like how people tolerate the Saudis.

My point was that Sudan has been "left on their own to rot" even though it does have oil.

Alot of that is because of their own doing, they do have alot of deals going with the Chinese for their oil though. My thing is if this was Zimbabwe going through these uprisings, I highly doubt we would have aircraft carriers and US Troops on stand by for them.

Forum List

Back